We are a mature couple holidaying with a group of seven and enjoying our first visit to New Orleans. We arrived early at the hotel and were delighted to find that all our rooms were ready which was a nice bonus. Check-in was quick and easy with the help of polite and friendly staff.
The room was great, with two very comfortable queen beds and a nice sized bathroom. Everything was very clean and well -presented ---not much of a view but not a problem for us as most time is spent outdoors.
The provision of a fridge, microwave and coffee machine was a very welcome addition --particularly the fridge in hot weather.
The air-conditioning was also a necessity and the slower fan setting meant it was not too noisy to leave on overnight.
We had breakfast most days in the hotel. There was plenty of choice for the served breakfasts with also a buffet option. Not cheap ( average $10-$15 per person, a little more for the buffet) but convenient and adequate.
There aren't too many breakfast places near by as an option but there is a Walgreen's store across the road for basic foods and other requirements.
The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from Bourbon Street although there is also the streetcar which stops nearby (NB you need the right money of $1.25).
As an older group, this was about the right distance away from the lively French Quarter with the hotel just being a few minutes away from Canal Street. The area near the hotel is slightly run down but absolutely no problem with walking around.
Another option is to walk down Poydras Street which runs almost parallel to Canal Street. This is more of a business area and is quieter at night time.
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and found New Orleans to be a very interesting city. We enjoyed a great day at the Jazz Fest and had a brilliant local guide to show us the history and contrasting areas of the city.
We found all the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and helpful. There is an interactive computer in reception but there is also a business centre where it was easier to print out boarding passes for our next flight.
The only small problem we had was at check-out. A few of our party had an extra Visa charge on our bill which could have easily been missed through the express checkout system so check your bill!
All in all a good hotel and a good base for exploring New Orleans. Thanks to all the staff and keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome