A group of some hundred of us ate at a banquet room at the hotel, and ALL the food was terrible: raw fillets, raw catfish, and raw chicken (really raw, as in indeible raw). I do not know of anyone who could eat the meal. I never saw so much wasted food in my life. Complaints fell on deaf ears; not one waiter offered, after practically being begged, to do anything about problems. They just took the plates away.
The hotel itself was nice and the rest of the staff were cooperative.
My suggestion: Do not ever attend a banquet. If you do, eat before you go--there won't be anything edible other than a small piece of pie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshed Holiday Inn! Visit the recipient of the Customer Service Excellence award by IHG. Rooms feature Simmons pillow top mattresses and new pillow options. Relax in our courtesy area shuttle. Savor fresh coffee and pastries daily. Stay connected with FREE wireless. Plunge in our large rooftop pool and energize in our fitness center. Our full service property offers tantalizing meals morning, noon and night. Adult beverage options showcased in our Mardi Gras Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, IHG, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome Hotel New Orleans
- Downtown Superdome Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Superdome