This unusual lodging is walking distance from the edge of the french quarter (closest to the French market). It was GREAT to be able to park my vehicle and be able to walk to everywhere I wanted to see. On street parking is free and for a $10 surcharge they'll put your vehicle in the very private lot behind their building which is locked from outside and easily accessible from their courtyard. It was perfect for parking my pickup-truck camper.
Staff was helpful and has a lot of personality.
affordable considering distance to French Quarter
free continental breakfast (coffee, cereal, waffle maker, toast, and some pastries)
I felt clean, comfortable, and safe
rooms were huge
neat little private courtyard with covered breakfast dining area
large groups could share a room. They have several suites with 2-4 beds.
it is much larger and more complex than you think when you pull up. Definitely ask to be shown around before dismissing it as an option.
quirky: a very old building that has been updated but some of the updates seem to not match or need a little fixup.
drive from Interstate to Inn brings you through a not-so-pretty neighborhood. And when you do arrive, do get directions from them on the nicer way to get over to the French Quarter that keeps you further away from the not-so-nice blocks.
- Check internet for best price and insist they match it. I got a lovely suite for $53 a night on a weeknight!
- Be aware every room is very different in size & layout. Ask to see the rooms before selecting one if they have several choices for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to a charming pet friendly New Orleans Inn, Olde Town Inn is one of the best. Located in the historic and quiet Marigny neighborhood, our Guests stay in one of Americas four hippest neighborhoods according to Travel and Leisure, which is adjacent to the French Quarter and has a bohemian mix of residents and is the most charming, centrally located and historically significant neighborhood in New Orleans, only a short 2 block walk to the famous music and restaurants of Frenchmen Street. Our luscious tropical Courtyard is an oasis and our rooms are eclectically furnished combining antiques with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Olde Town Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Town Hotel New Orleans