“Not bad for price”

Ranked #74 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Foley, Alabama
“Not bad for price”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is definitely not a high class hotel, but we enjoyed our stay. You need to go into this place knowing that it is over 100 years old. We didn't stay in our room much, so it was fine for us. From looking at pictures, it seems that some rooms are much nicer than others. My biggest gripe was the floor. It slanted sideways so much that I would stumble when waking across it. The staff was super friendly and personable. It is a pretty long walk from Bourbon, and you should definitely take a cab when walking back at night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
OldeTownInn1, General Manager at Olde Town Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Briwin86: Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay! We would love to see you again soon. Best Regards. Jacques Boutte. GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Shelburn
Reviewed 7 April 2014

What a great place to stay. Not your run of the mill Holiday Inn. 140 years old. An old horse stable that has been renovated into this quaint, quirky, cool motel. Has a courtyard with tables and chairs , continental breakfast outside on a covered old brick patio area The rooms all are different, and very dated, which reflects a historic New Orleans feeling. Walking distance to many bars, french quarters, local stores. The office clerk, Russell, was great! He was helpful, funny, personable, and made us feel so welcomed. (After our week cruise, we even made a special stop back at motel to say goodbye and give him a hug!) We will probably never stay anywhere else in New Orleans but here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear SooJBee: Wow! Thanks! What a wonderful review. Give us a call, consider the Olde Town Inn your home here New Orleans; we'd love that!! See you again and I hope soon. Sincerely. Jacques Boutte. GM.
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we stayed here for two nights. since only one room was left, we got upgraded from a king bed room to a suite for 8 persons! i imagine it didn't look much different from other rooms, just bigger. we had a kitchen, which was nice. the staff was very nice and helpful and it was very pleasant chatting with them. breakfast was a wide variety in sweet stuff, you could make your own waffles and they had a couple of different pastries plus free coffee and orange juice. no eggs, bacon etc. though. beds were comfortable, and overall you got your money's worth, to a certain extent because of the location which was rather central.
now the negative things: the entrance to our room led directly to the open street and the door was so worn out, a well-placed kick might have just been enough to rip it out of the frame. even when closed, you could move it a bit. the floor didn't look dirty, but definitely was - after walking on it in socks, we got clearly visible stains on them. the bathroom had mold in several locations, not the grimy in-your-face type of mold, but nevertheless clearly visible and spread out. pretty much all towels (and due to the size of our room, we had 8!) were shedding fluff, which was annoying. a couple of them had stains which seemingly couldn't be washed out anymore - towel replacement time! one afternoon, we could clearly hear a woman on the street shouting, telling some other person that if he doesn't wear his mohawk upwards, he has no point in wearing it at all. the subject was funny, but it made us notice how thin the walls were - paper thin. also, the wifi was only occasionally working. in the end, we discovered another router in our own room with great internet that unfortunately nobody told us about.

all together, due to the low price and the friendly staff you could consider staying, but expect some things that might turn you off.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear illbetrippin: Thank you for such an honest, informative review! Please be assured, the issues with the door have been addressed; they were replaced this week!! Although we are working our way through an extensive renovation, we are not quite complete but we do have plans to afford a little more "privacy" as well. P.S. the subject matter being discussed is/was very amusing!! Stay well! Hope to see again sometime. Best Regards. Jacques Boutte. GM.
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

All in all, I will never stay here again or recommend this place, I assume you must have to be drunk when you stayed here to have written a good review.Many of these reviews are misleading. The staff was friendly, however, we came to check in at 3:45pm, and our room still wasn't ready. We waited in the lobby and were then told that our room was ready 15 minutes later, we were walked up to the room as if we were being shown an apartment, and the cleaning lady was still in there? We paid over $200 for one night in this "suite". The bathroom was disgusting. The tub had a ring of mold around the top and the floor in front of the toilet and sink was wood, drooping and soaked in water, if you walked in your sock feet you would have soaking wet socks. Besides that, the walls are literally paper thin, we froze all night and had the pleasure of hearing conversations from the street from 2-6am as if we were sleeping next to the people on the street, and we were on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Krista H
Dear KristaH: I am very sorry to learn that your stay went as bad for you as stated. I do apologize. We do try our best with balancing an Old New Orleans type stay with the needs of our guests, we are working on improving that experience as I write. We are in the midst of an extensive renovation! Should you find it appropriate and would consider giving us an opportunity to redeem ourselves, please give me a call: (504) 949-5815. Best Regards. jacques Boutte. GM.

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Marksville, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stay here for 2 night...no bathroom in your room...no heat..just a little oil heater that didnt warm up the room...bathroom down the walk way didnt have heat in the room..the heater didnt work...the door to the bathroom has a gap in it...ITS to far from french quarters for the money i paid...OVERALL..its horrible...They didnt clean our room because they said they didnt have an extra key to get in...PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND STAY DOWN TOWN...they place should be checked by the law....breakfast was good...and they did keep it as clean as possible in the bathroom...

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clinton B
Dear ClintonB: I apologize, we understand that the common bathrooms were certainly not for everyone. Please be assured that through our renovations, those have been eliminated!! All of our rooms now have private facilities!! If you'd consider giving us an opportunity to redeem ourselves, please give me a call: (504) 949-5815. Sincerely. Jacques Boutte. GM.
Las Vegas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is my 3rd attempt at posting a review on this hotel. Possibly Tripadvisor doesn't like what I wrote :). Anyway, I will start by saying if you are looking for one of the worse hotel rooms in New Orleans, this may be your hotel. This hotel, as "quaint" as some people think it is, is over 120 years old and shows it. I stayed here January 21-25. I must prefix this review by saying that the staff (except for Romeo who was very rude) are very nice and tried to help as best they could with what the hotel offered. The first night I was placed I believe in room 12. A one bedroom with private shower (no bathtub). It was unusually cold in NO this January. Temperatures dropped to the mid 20's at night. This room only had a space heater which gave off little to no heat. I was so cold and uncomfortable that I could not sleep. The bed was broken down and the shower had mold around it. Luckily I had read some reviews about this hotel and brought my own towel. I definitely needed it. the towels were old and very worn. I spoke with the front desk the next day about getting a refund and going to another hotel, but they did not offer a refund. I told them I needed another room, but was told they were full. The manager then offered me a 4 room NO "shotgun style" apartment. I accepted and moved my belongings to it. The apartment or small house was better than the room I was in. The house was set up as; front room was the master bedroom, second room had 3 twins and a couch in it, third room had three twins and a dresser, the fourth room was the kitchen and then off that was a full, but small bathroom. Mold was all over the tub and walls. The front room had a wall mounted heater which worked, but did not heat well. I brought a second space heater from one of the other rooms in to try to heat the front room. I had to sleep with two sweaters, flannel pajama bottoms and 2 pairs of socks just to stay comfortable at night. Not warm, but ok. These 4 days were HELL in this hotel. I again, do not fault the managers, just the owners. I understand the owners are not allowed to make modern improvements to the hotel since it is considered to be in The French Quarter. I will say that the hotel is close enough to The French Quarter to walk; a little over a mile and takes about 20 minutes. Frenchmen street is a quick 5 minute walk. Cabs are frequent there and not too expensive to catch back to the hotel. The hotel may be tolerable when the temperatures are nice and you are only expecting a "basic" room. I would not pay more than $50 a night for the room. I am sure they gouge clients at event times. If you are going to stay here, negotiate with the manger to get the best deal. As for me, I will NEVER return. I have stayed in NO many times and there are a lot of hotel more suitable.

Room Tip: Do not get room 12
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank PuggleLovers
Dear PuggleLovers: I apologize for such an awful stay. Please be assured that through our renovations, we have addressed all of your concerns. If you find it appropriate to give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves, please give me a call: (504) 949-5815. Sincerely. Jacques Boutte. GM
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We booked a room here back in December for Mardi Gras weekend. When we showed up to check in they informed us that our credit card had been declined. Instead of calling to inform us, they sold our room to someone else leaving us with nowhere to stay as all of the rooms in the city were booked. Instead of giving us priority for booing the room 3 months ago over the person who just booked the room today, they told us that there was nothing that they could do about it. Additionally, they were extremely rude and refused to take responsibility for the situation saying that it doesn't reflect poorly on their business and blamed the computer booking system.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank blayton14
Dear blayton14: I apologize for such awful inconvenience. Please note, it is common practice here in New Orleans that we guarantee our reservations for events such as Mardi Gras by credit card. Should your credit card decline, it is also common practice to use discretion and cancel said reservation without notice. I'd be glad to redeem ourselves, please give me a call: (504) 949-5815. Best Regards. Jacques Boutte. GM.