“Great rate, unique hotel”

Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #62 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great rate, unique hotel”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Amazing attention to detail, clean, tons of space, friendly staff for the most part (only one exception), great proximity to all the excitement yet quiet. Room service should consider staying open past 11 but Dominoes and Daisy Dukes are right around the corner if you are hungry late.

Room Tip: request a room on a high floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We got a great military rate here which made it a good value. We got a corner room so I think it was bigger than most the others, but it was very clean and well decorated. You can't beat the location. Walking distance to everything but far enough away to be quiet at night. We did not use the pool during our stay because there was too much to do! The front desk wasn't very friendly, but the bartender was knowledgeable and friendly!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank DWVL
new york
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel was nice, in a great location. It was a bit small, but clean with friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The property is clean and hip, the location is within an easy walk to the action, but the hotel is classy and comfortable AND quiet! It was perfect. The restaurant attached, Mila, is delicious, and the staff of the hotel are professional, courteous, and most importantly, happy. Tacy was fantastic, and she made some outstanding recommendations. There is a fun locals breakfast place within a block of the hotel called Hobnobber's. Try it if you are feeling adventurous. It is the real deal! I have really grown to love the Renaissance brand, and this hotel delivers on every level. Thank you, Frank!

Room Tip: Ask for something high facing the French Quarter
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Used Marriott reward points for this stay so I have little to complain about but I'll review it as if I paid full price. Valet and check in were great. Loved our bellman, AJ. Front desk was so helpful and really helped us with restaurants. The lobby and bar are nice and we enjoyed the Starbucks in the hotel.

Our room was fine and clean. Sheets were crisp, down comforters, and feather pillows. We were block off Canal and just far enough away from the FQ so our nights were quiet. Kids wanted to swim in the pool but it was postage stamp, hot, and croweded with adults. It looked pretty unappealing.

Our first night we arrived in the late afternoon and after some exploring tried to find a kid friendly spot for dinner. The hotel recomended Deanie's and there was a 2hr wait at 9pm. We were tired and cranky so decided to eat at MiLa, the hotel restaurant. While very good it was expensive and not a great place for the kids. They were able to make them some pasta and they were pleasantly surprised by the "Root Beer Float"....not what they expected. I loved my dinner but it was pricey.

The next night we ate at Deanie's and loved it. We went at 6pm....45min wait.....they give you a beeper that goes 1/2 a mile away. Got a drink at Storyville and the kids bowled. Everyone happy!

All in all we like the Reanissance....not sure I'd pay top dollar. The Roosevelt across the street looked amazing....check it out!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ggans
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel and were overall disappointed. The hotel is nothing special. I've never seen a smaller "pool". The worst part was waking up in the morning with dozens of bug bites. We told the manager and she was very friendly and called in a company to check out the bedding. The company said they found nothing, but I found that hard to believe. I also feel they didn't take the situation serious enough. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank michaela789
Boston
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I added a room here at the Renaissance Pere Marquette, because my first hotel was booked up for the last night of my stay. Was I glad I did! This was my favorite of the three hotels I tried in New Orleans. The lobby was very pleasant and spatious. The staff were friendly and accommodating. My room was fantastic with all the amenities I needed as a business traveler. I enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant, also.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business