Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #70 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very cool and comfortable hotel. Nice rooms, nice sheets, nice comforter, clean rooms, clean bathroom. No problems, great stay. I would definitely stay here again. Walking distance to Canal street and other Nawlins sights.

1  Thank Priceice
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Priceice,

It was great to hear about your flawless stay at the Renaissance Pere Marquette. We pride ourselves in delivering spacious, spotless accommodations to our guests and we're glad your family enjoyed your room! We are definitely in a great location for those who like to be in the heart of downtown New Orleans- our guests can easily access the French Quarter, the Superdome, the Convention Center and the trendy Arts & Warehouse District. It would be our pleasure to host you again on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was a truly wonderful stay. My best friend turned 30 and we decided to celebrate it in New Orleans to see Beyonce and Jay Z. From my first call Nathaniel for directions to the hotel I was impressed! He was extremely helpful and professional with a touch of that charismatic southern flair. He wasn't able to let me check in at 9am of course but at noon he promptly gave me a call for an early check in! Talk about service! When we arrived at the hotel it was pouring out were greeted with fresh towels to dry off by Chris. He was the Denzel of bellsmen so smooth yet informative. Lots of laughs but he showed us were everything was in our room and gave us a some history on the area and some great "Must Dos". Veronica Veronica Veronica was AWESOME! We chatted it up at check in and she sought out to accommodate us amenities for my friend's special day! Totally Fabulous! I would like to thank the entire staff that gave us a courtesy call back every time we asked for something. Also, for the fast service. It was quite busy that weekend and the service didn't mess a beat! Oh I almost forgot the gentleman at the desk with the perfectly tailored uniform! He made a map for us every time we stepped out the building. It was accurate and appreciated! I really enjoyed my stay and if I ever come back to the N.O. I will only stay at the Pere Marquette!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rachel,

Thanks for your kind words about the Renaissance Pere Marquette! We're so happy that Chris, Veronica and Nathaniel provided you with the professional, friendly and knowledgeable service typical of our hotel. It was our pleasure to help you discover New Orleans.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was robbed by three men in the door way of my guest room at this property. Hotel security mislead the police about the circumstances in order to cover themselves. The criminals walked right by security. Hotel management did nothing to help me. I would not recommend staying at this location. It was a terrible experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
12  Thank MidtownATL81
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The room was AMAZING! The decor was great. Despite New Orleans being very historic and space being tight, the rooms were very large and so was the bathroom. The location was around the corner from bourbon street. The lounges and Starbucks within the hotel was also clutch. The price was definitely well worth it and pretty reasonable. You should stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jmflucus

Dear JMflucus,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your stay on TripAdvisor! We loved your photo and are glad you enjoyed your spacious room as well as our location in downtown New Orleans. Our guests adore hopping on the streetcar, walking to the French Quarter, and eating at some of New Orleans' most notable dining destinations right by our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spacious and clean rooms with a great location. My family rented 2 rooms this week, 1 King and 1 double with two queen beds. Rooms were spacious, blessedly cool with a great, sleek HUGE bathroom! Only problem was drunks coming into the room next door at 3 am. But this is New Orleans.... Would definitely stay here again. I wanted to explore the Catholic church next door from the 1700's but as always in NOLA, more to do than time allowed. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask if the construction is still going on across the street... they tried to accommodate our request...

Dear Runningdawg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette. We're so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our modern, comfortable rooms- especially the spacious bathrooms! We're sorry you didn't have a chance to experience our neighbor Immaculate Conception Church, which is a very historic and architecturally astounding site. We eagerly await your return!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I loved the location, one block from Canal, closer to the Superdome than the Convention Center. Clean room and ridiculous space in the bathroom. Yes, there was construction going on, but what can you do?! Asked a random employee where to get breakfast? First suggestion was not the hotel restaurant. We should've taken the warning. How do you mess up scrambled eggs? Danish and muffins were straight out of the package, no attempt to warm them. Restaurant needs work, but hotel is very good.

1  Thank MTATL
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear MTATL,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette. We're thrilled that you loved our location, which we believe is perfect for discovering New Orleans' incredible nightlife, attending Saints games, and finding your new favorite dining destinations. We are very sorry to hear that the breakfast did not exceed your expectations, as we take pride in delivering a superior dining experience during breakfast and during lunch and dinner at our Top Ten restaurant MiLa. We hope that we may have the opportunity to make this up to you on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love this place!!!My husband had training at this hotel and I got to come with! It is beautiful with fantastic staff who go out of their way to assist! Everyone was extremely accommodating, courteous and I cant remember the young lady's name that was at the hotel at 2:30 am (the 14th) when we came rolling in, but she was a sweetheart!! Those beds they have are amazing and I'm in the process of talking my husband into purchasing one (you can do that, just google Renaissance Beds by Marriott). The rooms were great, bathrooms extrememly nice with great shower pressure! room temp was kept just how I like it after a long day of walking. It's located one block from Canal Street but certainly close to Bourbon St. and let's be honest, you know you want to go to Bourbon St!! LOL!!! We will definitely be back!! The only reason I didn't give it full 5 stars was due to the construction that was directly across from our room-they were tearing up a few floors above our room(502) and the metal trash shoot was extrememly loud and not what you want to hear at 7am. I feel the rooms should be kept empty and guests located elsewhere. Other than that it was a great place!

Room Tip: If you stay here mention the construction and tell them you want away from it. If you will be gettin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Ms. Beth,

It was such a pleasure to read about your stay with us. We're so happy to hear that you adored our hotel, with our lovely rooms, amazing service and convenient location near the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Thank you for your note about the intermittent construction noise, as we work hard to make sure we are as thoughtful as possible in ensuring that our guests have a quiet and peaceful stay, and we profusely apologize if you were in any way affected by this during your stay. We eagerly await your return!