“great hotel and the stafis the best”

Royal St Charles Hotel
Ranked #64 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 May 2013

By far the best hotel staff that i have encountered. Diana is wonderful person to tell about great place visit. She is the best. I have been to New Orleans many times. Diana told me about places that on the tourist and tips about artist joining other artist for the n

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Royal St Charles Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Nice lobby an room decor was nice just small an I mean small,there was no microwave are fridges as other viewers say the coffee shop in lobby was nice I love d smell of coffee ok the bathroom was small also, no counter space an tub wasn't so inviting I ended up buying some cleaner of my own an cleaned tub but d yellowing was still there I used a big towel to stand on while showering don't know if that help keep germs away but I felt better doin so anyways bed comforter was really yellow not impressed at all, upgrade on linens for your beds it really makes a difference, I asked for housekeeping d next morning she cleaned room an changed sheets but not d comforter to me a clean bed means everything gets replaced when changing linens an sheets were so thin, bed was comfortable also pillows were nice our room was 1017 there was no window to see outside,but they had a sunlight window not sure wt to call it. There's a nice flat screen an desk area iron,iron board, in cabinet there's no extra counter space we paid 149$ thru Priceline an total at checkout was $430 that was for 2 nights with valet parking, valet were nice sometimes they had a door guy an upon checkout we were approached by a nice lady with d hotel who asked us how our stay was an wanted us to return will soon! The location is great if u are a party person like myself very close to canal an there is a poboy shop close by called Serio I think an other food places to would I return only if d price is cheaper an d bedding has to b better.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

The Hotel itself is O.K, but not really family friendly. There are no fridges in the rooms and not bathroom vanities, There is not parking on site and it's a 2 1/2 block walk to the parking garage where you are only allowed to park on floors 6-10, which can be gotten to up a series of steep and narrow ramps...some of which are 2-way. All of this for a nitely charge of $16.00 if you opt for the self-park (it's $32. for valet) Very scary! They also have a surcharge, which they call a "Value added Package" (?) for using the internet and the phone. That being said, the hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable and the location is good, being proximal to the french quarter and Canal st.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

My first time in New Orleans and I didn't get to do too much research before I arrived. The concierge assistant Dianne seemed to just know everything that needed to be done in the city. Hats off for service! The location is great with a tram stop directly outside of the hotel. Our room was spacious and well put together - all in all a good stay.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I am writing a review because I had a wonderful experience with the concierge Diana! All I needed was help finding a rental car and ended up learning about local restaurants, music venues, and radio stations as well as great conversation about music and artists. I will definitely stay at this hotel again! Thank you Diana!!!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is wonderfully renovated, clean rooms, funky decor, great staff! Though it is in the busy part of town, the valet guy was readily available to whisk away our car and deliver our bags directly to our room. The only negative aspect was PJs Coffee down in the lobby. Dirty area, and the employees were a bit disorganized.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a last minute extra night and it was great. The location was perfect, rooms were a little small but not an issue for one night, and very clean and nice! The staff was great!
I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the quarter and I will definitely return to this one!

• Stayed: April 2013