“Romantic Getaway”

Royal St Charles Hotel
Ranked #66 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stress about where to stay whenever we travel, what a relief when we checked into this amazingly beautiful hotel! In a word? Swanky? Posh? I'm not sure if one word could describe. The lobby alone says stay awhile, and we are so glad we did. We were looking for a beautiful, clean, comfortable and quiet hotel, not right in the French Quarter, but close enough to walk to it. The Royal St. Charles Hotel EXCEEDED our expectations.
I'm pretty sure there is not a dull space in this hotel, every corner we turned was filled with beauty. From the hallways to the elevators, to the bathrooms, just gorgeous. Our room was definitely no exception.
What was truly beautiful about our room cannot really be seen, and that is the mattress! We desperately wish we could have brought it home with us. It was soooooo wonderful to slip into this oh so comfortable bed at the end of our almost 18 hour days.
The Royal St. Charles Hotel is certainly well named, we definitely felt like royalty staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor, I don't know for sure that it was why it was so quiet, but it was v...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I just had to write a review for this hotel and about our stay in New Orleans. I read up on Nola before coming here and was petrified about coming from reading the reviews even with being from Baltimore. First off, this hotel is great...its modern...the staff is terrific...the rooms are clean and yeah a lil small, but if u come 2 New Orleans to 2 be in the room go elsewhere. This hotel amenities xtremely few tho...no micowave...no fridge...no pool..yeah this sucked...but the 24 hr bar at the corner ( a 3 min walk )that sells great chicken to soak up all of the alcohol you drank at bourbon st. & u can still take a 6 pack back 2 the room once bourbon shuts down. The "shady" neighborhood is a joke. This is like any urban city. The shady people around mind their bizness...they r pretty much friendly pot dealers! Lol...u dont want pot....keep walking...lol..otherwise just chill out...enjoy...n pay attn 2 surroundings.. I♥ Nola and Royal St Charles! I WILL B BACK & STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ezbnqueen
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Royal St Charles Hotel. The hotel is centrally located to the Downtown and the French Quarters.. We were near the business venues, entertainment and exquisite restaurants. The rooms were well kept and quiet. The staff was so courteous and thoughtful that we felt right at home. We want to particularly thank Randi, Jesse, Keianna and the whole RSJ team for a job very well done..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My initial reaction upon entering the Royal St Charles was "Ok, this is nice." All of the staff were friendly and helpful (very down to earth), the seating area of the lobby was colorful with multiple televisions lining the wall, the a/c felt refreshing, and there was a PJ's Coffee steps from the front desk. The one odd thing I noticed about the hotel is that the hallways were very cold. Immediately after coming in from the humidity it feels great, however, leaving your room after cooling off might give one the shivers.

The room itself was interesting in that it was an interior room--no true window but rather glass blocks with filtered light covered by curtains/sheers. I figured this might be good for noise control, but a view would have been appreciated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and allowed for a decent night's sleep. The bathroom was on the small side, and there was a issue with the plumbing that took several attempts to fix, but nothing that really detracted from my stay. Free wifi was an added bonus. The room came equipped with a coffee maker, however, I opted for coffee from PJ's each morning. The layout of the room was slightly awkward with the bed pushed close to a corner and the television at an odd angle (though you could rotate it toward the bed), however, this seemed to be the only way to configure it to allow for the desk.

The location of this hotel was definitely a key asset. The St Charles streetcar stops directly in front of the hotel--this is the line to take for the Garden District. The French Quarter is within very easy walking distance just across Canal St. If you're looking to stay close to the nightlife without having to constantly be in the middle of it, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: This hotel has interior rooms so if you need a window be sure to ask for one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MC075
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We loved our stay here, the staff were beautiful and so friendly, the decor was funky, the room was beautiful and clean and its so close to everything, it was wonderful to check into this place after driving for so long.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I wound up staying here because I got a great price. When I checked in, I found out that I had been upgraded to a junior suite, which was outstanding. The bed was about the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The staff was extremely friendly, which I consider a huge plus whenever i review any business. My only gripe is that they charge a mandatory $10 fee for use of the hotel's amenities, whether you use them or not, which I didn't. The amenities, by the way, aren't anything more than what you would find in most hotels.

Overall, it's a great hotel with an awesome staff, and I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Awesome location,one block from Canal street, trolley stop right by the hotel. Service wonderful. Check in at 11,which was a plesant surprise. Our plane on the way back was at 8pm and we wanted to stau a few hours longer, no provlem. They offered us a discount and we very understanding to our situation.