“Young couple NOLA trip.....amazing!”

Royal St Charles Hotel
Ranked #64 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the Royal St. Charles!! We booked our room through Groupon for a steal...5 nights for $402. We were always greeted leaving and coming in. Janea the concierge was awesome, she told us where everything was and it was in walking distance. The location is phenomenal!! Bourbon street, Jackson square, the riverwalk...everything is right there.
I gave it a 4 star because the rooms are very small, but comfy. There are no vending machines in the hotel so we had to buy juices from the near by Walgreens and there was no ice on the 3rd floor. However, we enjoyed our stay :) loved NOLA!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann-Marie_travels
There are newer reviews for Royal St Charles Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am 28 years old male and picky with that, The staff is very helpful and friendly. It's within walking distance to everything. Rooms are small but clean. Pjs coffee is ok but makes the whole lobby smell great

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank J_b_h_12014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'd like to think of myself as a well seasoned traveler, domestically and internationally. I'm not a hard person to please. I don't nitpick the tiny stuff and I realize sometimes things happen on trips that are totally out of the control of the hotels. Murphy's Law right? With that said, in all my 20 years of staying in hotels, I've never come across a group of more rudely, unhelpful, front desk people (and I've been to France) than I have encountered, here at this particular establishment. Hotwire users are clearly not welcomed here. But first things first, I'll start off with the ONLY 2 good things about this place, the location and the valet guys. The location is decent, 5 minute walk to Bourbon St., close to the Riverwalk. Valet guys were super nice, parking is $32 or you can self park for $16, 3 blocks from hotel(we just used valet). That's it for the good things.
Check-in, we weren't greeted when we came in, no smile, no "Hello", very little eye contact just "Name please" and obvious attitude from the chick at the front desk. It wasn't busy so not sure why all three chicks at the counter looked so miserable checking in other guest, but you could tell that they really didn't want to be there. TIP, SMILE. It makes even the most unattractive somewhat pleasant looking. Anywho, we just wanted to get our vacay started. I got a great rate on Hotwire for only $75 a night. When I booked, I made sure the room was to sleep 3 adults. We get to our "room" and when I say room, I mean closet with 1 bed. Small is an understatement. No window, just a plexiglass cutout. "Is this a joke?" MTV cancelled "Punk'd" some time ago and if my math is correct, 3 people cant sleep a Queen bed comfortably, well...they can, but this is not that type of vacation. Go back down to front desk, explain the mix-up and Miss I Cant Smile # 2 sees what she can do. Types frantically on the keyboard(probably really playing Candy Crush) " Sorry, we dont have any other rooms" she mumbles and walks away. Really? So now Im on the phone with Hotwire because my fine print confirmation page states that the room has to sleep the number of guests booked. I booked 3 adults. Hotwire calls hotel, on the phone for a good 30 minutes and is told the same thing. Sold out and my only option is to pay an extra $50 for a rollaway bed. Unacceptable and now Hotwire and hotel are blaming each other for the mix-up. "May I speak to a manager please?" Miss I Cant Smile #2 goes to get Miss I Cant Smile But Can Look At You Crazy #3. I explain our situation to her and she gets the General manager. Both proceed to tell me there is nothing they will do and they pretty much blame for booking thru Hotwire and not them. I was told that I got the room for $75 a night and its not their problem that we have 1 bed and had I book thru the hotel site, I wouldn't have this problem ( and probably a window in my room). Hotwire offered to reimburse me for the charges of the rollaway bed, something the Hotel not once offered. But its not even about that as I would've gladly paid for it myself. It was the fact that the front desk staff was so rude, and indifferent and I will never stay here again. BEWARE.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank tiff21x
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Outstanding coffee, great location, cool decor and friendly staff at the coffee shop attached to this hotel. I can't say enough good things about a retail establishment that will give a free coffee for writing a trip advisor review.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jdalomba
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived in town not having a place to stay, but wanted to be close to the French Quarter. We had checked other neighboring hotels that were more expensive, and not near as nice as the Royal St. Charles. Not only was the hotel extremely clean and nice, but the staff was the best we encountered anywhere. They bent over backwards to help you in anyway, and to make the stay a memorable one. The bellhop refused any money, and simply wanted to help. Amazing! I wish I could remember all of the wonderful staff people's names, but, unfortunately, the only one I remember is Amanda.
You do have to pay for parking, but again, it's cheaper than neighboring hotels, and you don't need your car while you're there, as you can easily walk or take the trolley to wherever you would like to go.
The rooms are small, but extremely nice and clean. We didn't mind the sixe at all, as we wanted to be out exploring the city!

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am glad I choose this particular hotel!! The customer service was outstanding!!! Director of Group Sales gave great hotel rates that couldn't be beat!!! The location was on point!!! I highly recommend people to stay @ this hotel. The only reason it did not receive 5 Stars was because the rooms didn't have a microwave nor a refridgerator in them. Other than that, it was outstanding!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lakeida Y
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I got a killer deal when I booked through hotwire. I was a little apprehensive when I read reviews about the inner rooms with no Windows as I'm claustrophobic. That was no problem though as we got a room facing st Charles. The streetcar goes right by which can get a little noisy but it wasn't terrible.
Our room was tiny. I booked for 2 adults and we got one queen size bed when I was wanting 2 beds. The bathroom is small as well. However the room was comfortable and very clean. I couldn't beat the price and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014