“NBA AllStar Weekend ”

Ranked #102 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“NBA AllStar Weekend ”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel literally at the last minute. It looked great on the outside as well as the inside. It was a bit of a walk from the French quarter, but we didn't mind, it helped burn off all of the seafood and drinks. The warehouse district is up and coming and I think is coming together very nicely. The breakfast options were much better than your average continental breakfast. My only complaint was that the bathroom had a TERRIBLE smell of marijuana smoke. It was obvious that the previous guests used it as a smokers lounge. I thought the smell would go away but it never did. Maybe the Shower curtain could be replaced in room 215. I would stay again, minus the smell of the smoke

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Miss K
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experinece! It's great to hear that you enjoyed spending time with us while here in New Orleans and we look foward to the next oportunity to serve you. I will double check the room to confirm that housekeeping has replaced the shower curtain in the room. Thank you for the comments as we will use them to get better. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I recently spent 2 nights here with some girlfriends for my birthday. The hotel was centrally located (Warehouse District) near everything, i.e., French Quarter, Bourbon Street, etc. The hotel itself seemed to be well-kempt and the complimentary breakfast was a plus. The rooms themselves could use some updating and they really shouldn't use the word suite to describe those rooms, more like 1 big room with a couch. What stood out most was the staff! When I arrived, I was greated as a Platinum Elite member. The parking was sold-out so the young lady (I wish I remembered her name, because she was awesome) moved her car so that I could park! She also remembered my name everytime I entered the lobby. I had 2 rooms reserved and the staff made sure that we were on the same corridor in the quiet part of the hotel. This was old-world customer service and I appreciated it greatly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bree B
Brenda H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
I am glad that you shared your experience here at the Springhill. We strive to ensure that all of our guest have an awesome experience by giving great hospitality. The hotel is considered a suite hotel simply because all of the rooms have microwaves, mini refrigerators and a pull out sofa bed. We we appreciate your comments and hope to see you again at our hotel.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Not a bad hotel, about 15-20 minutes walk to French Quarter.
Pretty good breakfast is included in room price.
Rooms could use some upgrades, but beds are comfortable. Our room was facing 2-nd floor inside yard. Very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing inside yard/balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MargaretS07
Brenda H, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We greatly value it when guests take the time to share their experiences with us.
Hallsville
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean but cramped. Suite was just a large room with a couch that didn't even fold out because the tv was in the way. Breakfast was average to poor. Parking was out of line expensive. For the price I'd find another place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. Unfortunately in any downtown area where parking is very limited, there is a fee. Our fee currently is $25 and is less expensive than many of the hotels in the area. Our building is a historic building in the city of New Orleans and we modeled the rooms to preserve the historic features and charm of the building. We do offer an upscale complimentary continental breakfast including items such as sausage, eggs and fresh waffles. I do apologize that you did not enjoy it.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Thw Warehouse District in downtown New Orleans (for this first timer) was my favorite ambiance but the Hotel itself is very well maintained and the room was very well maintained. I enjoyed this room very much. And only 2 1/2 block from the Convention center and 1/2 mile from the Cruise Ship docked behind the Convention Center and less than 2 miles from the heart of the French Quarter a very nice place to stay.
Oh, and Emeril's is only 2 1/2 blocks!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John W
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is great for pre and post cruise stays. There are tons of great restaurants close by and we are actually less that mile away from the French quarter and about a mile from the New Orleans Super Dome. Another must see very close to us would be the World War II Museum. On you next cruise please chose us again.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here for a wedding. I went to my room about 11pm and couldn't fall asleep til 4am when the blaring night club music finally stopped. The walls were literally rattling and people were yelling outside. I don't care how comfortable the beds are, or how clean it is, or how friendly the staff are. You can't stay somewhere you can't sleep. I've stayed in New Orleans before on St. Charles street and did not have this problem.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank ArtsyMommy
Brenda H, Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I definitely understand your concern about the outside noise. One part of our hotel does face a nightclub, which can at times be noisy. I am very sorry that you experienced this at our property. Although the problem is not solved yet for this section of hte hotel, we are currently working to ensure that the clubs in our area are in compliance with the noise ordinance. We also have white noise machines and earplugs available to all of our guests upon request. Again, I sincerely apologize that experienced this problem.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have to say that our experience at Springhill Suites in downtown New Orleans was stellar. We were unfortunate enough to get caught in the ice storm on I-10 and had reservations at another downtown hotel we could not make it to on the first night of a 3-night reservation. When we finally did arrive in Nola after 28 hours on the road, we were told that our room was given away and they were booked....offering absolutely NO help in the situation. That's where Springhill comes in--offering us last minute accommodations and an empathetic ear to our situation. We were particularly impressed with the front desk staff, both upon check in and check out...so helpful and friendly! The rooms were comfortable and very convenient to downtown bars & restaurants. We travel quite a bit for work and stay in lots of hotels along the way--and our experience with Springhill Suites was one of the best in recent memory. Highly recommended! Sharon C

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharon C
Thank you for the positive reponse. We reallize that sometimes situations happen and our valued guest travel plans change. I'm really glad that we were able to be your home away form home and my staff was able to make this an enjoyable stay. We look foward to serving you again in the future.