“Wrestlemania Weekend”

Ranked #105 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Wrestlemania Weekend”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at the Springhill Suites New Orleans recently during a trip for Wrestlemania 30 with some firneds. We were trying to get the best deal for 5 people over the wrestling weekend and Springhill came back as the best deal (quite difficult to get 5 in any room in NOLA).

I would highly recommend the hotel for anyone who wants to stay in New Orleans on a budget. The hotel itself is very well maintained, the lobby, hallways and room were all very clean and well catered. Our room was quite spacious with 2 Queen beds and a fold out sofa, there was also a decent sized fridge, filter coffee machine, microwave and free wi-fi (there is a free version and a cost upgrade version).

We stayed on the second floow which we thought overlooked some warehouses but at night it turned out to be a nightclub, this however didn't mean there was noise in fact the room was very quiet (opposite side to the lifts).

Our room included breakfast which inclded a decent spread (waffle machines, cereal, fried breakfast, juices, milks teas and coffees, rolls, toast and bagels etc.) The staff were very helpful, I would also thank Krystal who worked guest services, for sorting out some card issues I had whilst we were staying there.

Beside guest services there was also an ATM and small shop that sold a mixture of food / drink and cosmetics. Location wise the hotel is a small walk from Canal street / French Quarter but it is very close to the convention center which was handy for our visit to WWE Axxess

Overall for what we paid we got our monies worth and I would reocmmend this place to anyone else.

Room Tip: Opposite side to the lifts is very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Simon D
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your hotel experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Krystal for taking care of the credit card issue and a big thank you to my entire team for delivering on their service commitments. Sounds like your group enjoyed the event and our great city. We would love to have you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous, Hotel was close and in walking distance of the French Quarters and other restaurants and Canal Street. This hotel serves free breakfast, you need to arrive early if events are occurring long breakfast lines, but moves quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 66DMC
Thank you for sharing the positive comments about our team. I will be sure to share your thoughts with them. It is always good to have comments from our valued guest to show them that it is really all about service. A great product without the right people does not equal the type of experience that we are working to present to our guest. Thanks for recognizing their efforts and have a great weekend.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I highly recommend staying in this hotel. The staff are very friendly and the moment I was in my room I was in love. I personally thing the decor of the room was awesome and comforting. Breakfast was nice even though i think the bananas were not ripe enough (more green than yellow) but its ok because I saved it for the next day. I was there for the wrestle mania event and the hotel was at a convenient walking distance. in fact me and my bf barely took public transportation anywhere. the next time I am in New Orleans i will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bridget R
We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed in an ideal location for visits to the French Quarter as well as the convention center area. We're less than a mile from the Superdome so even that is not a long walk. I have Saints season tickets and I walk from the hotel to game during every home game. Again, thanks for sharing your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is just a few minutes away from the casino and French Quarter. It is very conveniently located and is maintained well.The reception and housekeeping staff is very friendly. The breakfast has a good amount of variety and is overall very good. The challenging part is trying to park the car. The hotel garage was full even at a $25/day valet rate. The other places nearby are very expensive and there is hardly any other parking. The hotel had a refrigerator and took a few hours to figure out that it was unplugged and had to pulled out and plugged. There iis no in-room safe, but the rooms seem comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mphead
Brenda H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience here at SpringHill Suites . We strive to ensure that all of our guest have a pleasant experience. I do apologize that we did not have any onsite parking for you. Our hotel have 208 rooms and 74 parking spots. On the rare occasion that everyone decides to drive in we usually run out of parking spots. However our staff should have had several recommendations for you notifying you where there was available parking. Again thanks for sharing and we hope that you will stay at our hotel again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. In general, I would say it's not worth the amount that I paid. Usually Marriotts, if they have outdated hotels, have wonderful hotel staff to compensate.

Cons:
The hotel is outdated: furniture, facilities, everything is from the early 90s or earlier. There was a dresser in my room that had to holes ripped off the top of it - probably from the TV that used to be there.
The cable doesn't work - an engineer had to come to my room to fix it and it barely worked the whole time I was there)
There were two cockroaches in my room - beyond disgusting!
Front desk staff: I was told to call in the morning 10 minutes beofre I needed a cab to go to the airport. In the morning I called and the gentleman at the front desk said a cab would be waiting for me when I got downstairs. Then I went downstairs 10 minutes later, as I was told, and there was not a cab. I asked the gentleman at the front desk and he said "Oh just wait outside and one will be here in like 5 minutes." It was drizzling, but I went outside and waited. After 5 minutes (I had to be at the airport in 15 minutes at that point), nothing was happening. I went back inside and the lady at the front desk asked me what I needed. When I told her, she called a cab and told me to take a seat inside while my cab was on its way. This took another five minutes. I'm grateful the lady at the front desk was willing to help because otherwise I may have missed my flight. The other guy did not seem to care at all or even bother to call a cab.

Pros: If you're going to the convention center, it's convenient but there are other hotels there.
WiFi everywhere
Breakfast (it isn't great, but most hotels don't have great breakfasts included in their rates anyway)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica K
Brenda H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is very important that all of our guest have a great experience while staying here. We are proud of all the comments we get in reference to the cleanlines of our hotel. The hotel was actually renovated in 2012. We have a cab stand right outside of our front door where cabs are usually parked waiting for passengers. It is normally our experience that if one is not present we can call for one to be here in five minutes or less. Please know that we appreciate you sharing your experience and that we will investigate all of your concerns.
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Staying in the warehouse district was great as it provided a great walk home at night to walk off some of the dinner and begnets we ate. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and super comfortable. It was quiet at night, no noise as other reviewers have reported. Convenient walk to the street cars, French quarter, etc. I would definitely stay here again. Only negatives: no maps of the area at the front desk, and breakfast ends on weekdays at 9 and when we got there a few minutes late the staff was very rude and made us feel terrible as we quickly grabbed what we could as they were cleaning it all up. Really?? Otherwise, really great.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jaredan
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We really do appreciate you sharing your experience with us. It was really great to hear the positive comments about the front desk staff being friendly and helpful. I will be sure to share your thoughts just as I will also share the not so positive thoughts about our breakfast service.

I am however a bit surprised by this because although our breakfast hours are from 6:30 to 9:00 AM on the weekdays our staff keeps the buffet stocked until 9:15 AM. We pull the food off the buffet around 9:30 AM so that we can accommodate the late arrivers. I will speak with my team to make sure that this is happening consistently and please accept my apologies that it did not happen during your visit.

We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I enjoyed this hotel's location in the warehouse district very much. It felt like we were staying in a really cool renovated warehouse, with all the amenities. Also the decor was itself relaxing! The staff of this hotel were all very professional, and friendly. Our room opened to the courtyard and was very quiet. The best part of our stay was that mattress! I want to buy one, it was amazing! The free breakfast was really good and included waffles, eggs, cereal, muffins, sausage, toast, etc. There was an outside pool and a small inside hot tub and fitness center. The hotel is in a great location and we felt safe enough walking backing to our hotel from the historic district a few blocks away. We paid $25 for parking, since we were able to get one of their few spots the first night. The next day we parked at Harrahs which is about 3 blocks away. If you gamble for 30 minutes, you get to park there for free for 24 hours. Since, I play penny slots I gambled one penny at a time for 35 minutes, it ended up costing me $7 (my gambling loss) to park the next day. We brought our bikes and found the area pretty easy to bike around. It was a short bike ride to the Algiers Ferry and for $2 pp each way, we brought our bikes on the ferry and biked the levy trails along the river, what a great ride!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again! Excellent value! Cool location!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tammlynn
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to say thank you for taking time to share your experience whil staying at our hotel. It is guest like you who keep us on our toes and help us to stive to get better. Thanks again for sharing.