SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #99 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
youngstown, ohio
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location to visit downtown New Orleans, Canal Street and the French Quarter. The staff at this hotel is WONDERFUL! My family and I stayed for 2 nights and did not have any set plans for sight seeing. I tried to get several city bus tours and swamp tours but they were all booked up. During breakfast, one of the girls who worked there asked me how I was this morning and if I had any plans for the day. When I told her we were going to visit on our own because we couldn't get a tour, she was surprised! Right away she went to the front desk and together with one of the ladies at the desk, they found my family 2 tours that picked us up from our hotel and took us on a great adventure all day long. The two ladies (I don't know their names) worked so hard to make us feel comfortable, and to help my family and I get the most out of New Orleans in the short amount of time that we were there. We really appreciated their attention. :)

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor and was perfectly fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelagent35
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I'm glad that members of our team were able to find you a tour that you and your family could enjoy. Our associates often solicit the feedback from our guest when returning from a tour so that we can pass the comments on to other guest. This allows us to recommend the tours that are the most exciting, informative or the richest in history. I will be sure to find out who it was that helped you and I will personally extend my gratitude to them for making your stay "fantastic"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is in a very good location, within walking distance to Canal St and the River. There are tons of restaurants in the area to choose from. The staff always had a smile on their face and were very friendly. The free breakfast is delicious: there was toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, eggs, sausage, fruit, coffee, juice, yogurt, and they have a waffle station where you can make your own waffle! The beds were very comfortable so it was easy to fall asleep and it's not a noisy neighborhood so it was also very easy to stay asleep. The pool could be a little bigger, but we didn't go swimming so that wasn't really an issue. Just an observation. I would highly recommend staying here rather than over paying to stay on Canal or Poydras St...which are just a few blocks over.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank katiebrous0789
Thank you for sharing your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are in New Orleans please give us another opportunity to serve you.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading most of the negative reviews, I decided to give this location a try anyway. We actually had a wonderful stay. Staff were professional, courteous, and accommodating. Room was very clean. 4 things I always look for in a hotel - FREE internet access, FREE Breakfast, Exercise room, and FREE Parking. Parking is not free at this location but it is worth paying for. Walking distance to the French Quarters. I will recommend this location to my colleagues for future personal travel or business attendance in the NOLA area.

Room Tip: pick 3rd floor and up to avoid outside noise (if any).
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank xJuanx
Montrose, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at the Springhill Suites New Orleans recently during a trip for Wrestlemania 30 with some firneds. We were trying to get the best deal for 5 people over the wrestling weekend and Springhill came back as the best deal (quite difficult to get 5 in any room in NOLA).

I would highly recommend the hotel for anyone who wants to stay in New Orleans on a budget. The hotel itself is very well maintained, the lobby, hallways and room were all very clean and well catered. Our room was quite spacious with 2 Queen beds and a fold out sofa, there was also a decent sized fridge, filter coffee machine, microwave and free wi-fi (there is a free version and a cost upgrade version).

We stayed on the second floow which we thought overlooked some warehouses but at night it turned out to be a nightclub, this however didn't mean there was noise in fact the room was very quiet (opposite side to the lifts).

Our room included breakfast which inclded a decent spread (waffle machines, cereal, fried breakfast, juices, milks teas and coffees, rolls, toast and bagels etc.) The staff were very helpful, I would also thank Krystal who worked guest services, for sorting out some card issues I had whilst we were staying there.

Beside guest services there was also an ATM and small shop that sold a mixture of food / drink and cosmetics. Location wise the hotel is a small walk from Canal street / French Quarter but it is very close to the convention center which was handy for our visit to WWE Axxess

Overall for what we paid we got our monies worth and I would reocmmend this place to anyone else.

Room Tip: Opposite side to the lifts is very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Simon D
Rodney D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your hotel experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Krystal for taking care of the credit card issue and a big thank you to my entire team for delivering on their service commitments. Sounds like your group enjoyed the event and our great city. We would love to have you back in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous, Hotel was close and in walking distance of the French Quarters and other restaurants and Canal Street. This hotel serves free breakfast, you need to arrive early if events are occurring long breakfast lines, but moves quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 66DMC
Thank you for sharing the positive comments about our team. I will be sure to share your thoughts with them. It is always good to have comments from our valued guest to show them that it is really all about service. A great product without the right people does not equal the type of experience that we are working to present to our guest. Thanks for recognizing their efforts and have a great weekend.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I highly recommend staying in this hotel. The staff are very friendly and the moment I was in my room I was in love. I personally thing the decor of the room was awesome and comforting. Breakfast was nice even though i think the bananas were not ripe enough (more green than yellow) but its ok because I saved it for the next day. I was there for the wrestle mania event and the hotel was at a convenient walking distance. in fact me and my bf barely took public transportation anywhere. the next time I am in New Orleans i will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bridget R
We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed in an ideal location for visits to the French Quarter as well as the convention center area. We're less than a mile from the Superdome so even that is not a long walk. I have Saints season tickets and I walk from the hotel to game during every home game. Again, thanks for sharing your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is just a few minutes away from the casino and French Quarter. It is very conveniently located and is maintained well.The reception and housekeeping staff is very friendly. The breakfast has a good amount of variety and is overall very good. The challenging part is trying to park the car. The hotel garage was full even at a $25/day valet rate. The other places nearby are very expensive and there is hardly any other parking. The hotel had a refrigerator and took a few hours to figure out that it was unplugged and had to pulled out and plugged. There iis no in-room safe, but the rooms seem comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mphead
Brenda H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience here at SpringHill Suites . We strive to ensure that all of our guest have a pleasant experience. I do apologize that we did not have any onsite parking for you. Our hotel have 208 rooms and 74 parking spots. On the rare occasion that everyone decides to drive in we usually run out of parking spots. However our staff should have had several recommendations for you notifying you where there was available parking. Again thanks for sharing and we hope that you will stay at our hotel again soon.