“Had a great stay!”

Studio 6 New Orleans
Ranked #137 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just stayed there for 4 days (March 10th through March 13th) The hotel is a basic no frills hotel, but our room was clean, and house keeping cleaned it every day we were there. All of the staff that we encountered were extremely friendly and the lady who checked us in was very helpful when we asked about parking in the French Quarter and other places. The room had two full size beds and a kitchen with cook top, fridge, & microwave and all worked fine. There were sufficient dishes and utensils for our family. The front office is only manned during the day but there is a number you can call if assistance is needed. We did not have any issues during our stay. There were trash cans by the elevator on each floor (as mentioned in other reviews) but they were not over flowing or left nasty. There was only one morning when we came down and they were full but it was cleaned up quickly. Our trip to the French Quarter took us approx. 10-15 minutes depending on the traffic. We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to NOLA!!.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MELISSA M

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Came for Mardi-gras the room was not ready and we was told to come back in 30 min. The room was Ok nothing special. We stayed for 5 days after the 2nd day our room hadn't been cleaned. No clean sheets no clean towels trash still in room bed not made. On the way out I stopped and asked when our room was going to be cleaned the lady told me we clean the rooms every 3 days . So that means 1 time in 5 days. When we got back they had made the bed and took the trash took the dirty towels and gave us 3 clean towels back. 3 towels for 2 adults. They really only cleaned the room once. Never again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank shinepryor
Reviewed 28 May 2013

An ok hotel if you need a long term hotel and are on a tight budget.
Rooms are clean, hallway carpet looks gross.
Has a 2 burner cook top, adequate fridge, and a microwave.
Front desk is only manned during daytime hours...it is a long term studio room.
Definately not a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cathy h
Reviewed 2 May 2013

So I understand this is a Studio 6. I never expected luxury. There always seemed to be a Nat problem in our room. The trash had been taken out and no food left out. We always seemed to have Nats. The room was ok. One of the box springs had a corner ripped and stuffing was coming out. The curtains were a bit grimy. I always check the beds for bedbugs before even sitting on it. Both beds were clean of bedbugs. That is my tip to all. Even if you stay at a 5 star hotel always always check the corners of the bed. Look on line it will show you what to look for. I was eaten alive by bedbugs before. It is no fun.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jessicamariez
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I didnt like this place. Ive seen worse, but this place smelled horrible- every where.
The room smelled very bad and so did the hallways and there were trash cans by the elevator, so you see and smell trash while waiting for the elevator.
That is gross and I really think management should find somewhere else for trash cans.

I didnt feel safe here and the beds had very creeky wooden box springs with dirty old comforters.
I was booked for 2 nights but canceled the second night. They better refund my card.

This hotel is not really for nightly visitors but more for weekly stays. Work crews and druggies in my opinion.

Oh- there IS a pet fee ! 10.00 a night or 50 for a week or longer.

I almost forgot , the first room they gave me was still dirty and some creep tried to pick me up in the parking lot while i was waiting for my fiance'.

Room Tip: dont get a smoking room, even if you smoke. i dont smoke but my bf does and the room smelled soooo b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelSwiss2009
Reviewed 14 October 2012

When I booked the room for a week for business I expected an ok hotel, but what I got was a hotel with many cockroaches in it. I also never had house keeping enter my room with in the whole week. The bed is comfortable and it does have a nice fridge and stove. It is a dirty hotel, but if you need it for a short time it may be worth the price. Be aware of the area it is located in befoer you purchase this hotel. All and all I would say the front desk was nice, but dont expect anything else other than a smile while you are there.

Room Tip: I would look at the room beofe you buy it. Also with the price does not include wi-fi you must pay f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank usmnick27
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

The times I stay every week has been great. I really enjoy myself. The hotel is great. The go above and beyond for my stay. It is always quiet there. They make sure that I have my reservation. I would recommend this to anyone

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank daii3
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Wyndham Garden Hotel
#140 of 166 in New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#105 of 166 in New Orleans
Days Inn New Orleans Pontchartra...
#135 of 166 in New Orleans
Treme
The Treme Hotel
The Treme Hotel
#116 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to Studio 6 New Orleans? Share your experiences!