“The perfect location”

Le Richelieu in the French Quarter
Ranked #33 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Perfectly situated on the edge of all the happenings but within easy walking distance of all the sights and entertainment. just far enough away from the main buzz so that you can escape to the hotel for some old world charm and relax before you venture back to the wonderful madness of the French Quarter. Very good accommodation and excellent service at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was our third stay at Le Rich, and we won't stay anywhere else when in New Orleans. Is it a bit dated? Yes, Could it use softer towels and a stand alone hairdryer? Yes, However... we've never been more comfortable in a hotel. There's something about the staff, and comfort, along with the location. Our room was large with a separate kitchen area and full size fridge. It faced the pool, and had a small terrace. In past years we've stayed in the one bedroom suite (courtesy of upgrade), but this was just as nice.

The beds are super comfortable, and they have flat screen TVs now. It is an excellent value. They serve an excellent breakfast in the Terrace Cafe, the brandy milk punch is delicious!

This is a great location from which to explore the Marigny area, yet still close to the Quarter if that is your preference. Get new towels and lose the wall mounted hairdryer and my stars go to five! :) Consider this 4.5

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacationerBoston
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I hesitate to tell anyone about this place because I want to save it all for myself. After reading numberous reviews on tripadvisor, I booked this hotel for our first trip to New Orleans. I was nervous about what to expect as many hotels in touristy areas fail to impress but I was impressed with every aspect of this hotel. We booked a standard king size room through Expedia. When I tried to book online, the site said they were sold out but Expedia showed rooms available for $130 night in April. I called the hotel directly and they said if Expedia showed available rooms, then I should book through Expedia. I did this and had no problem at all. Parking is secure for $20/night. Some hotels were charging $40-$60/night for parking.
The hotel is in an excellent location for anything one wants to do in the French Quarter. We walked everywhere and didn't feel wiped out from walking. The hotel/room made me truly feel like I was in New Orleans. Room was clean. Bed very comfy. Shower good. No breakfast but they did serve coffee free in the restaurant onsite. We ate breakfast there one morning. It was simple but very tasty. All the staff at this hotel was outstanding and friendly. If I go back to New Orleans, I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kellygal
Reviewed 15 May 2012

It seems that all the other reviews are in line with my thoughts. What a wonderful place to go and stay - parking no problem - reception staff excellent and charming - rooms are great - decor is traditional. We shall return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TrapperDavey
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We both really loved this hotel and it was everything most reviews suggested. It is off the beaten track from the busy Bourbon Street area but within easy walking distance and very close to Frenchmen Street and Decatur and also the French Market area. Our room was nicely decorated and had a lovely French window opening to a balcony. All the staff on reception were very nice and helpful and helped us with booking a swamp tour by airboat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We were very fortunate to get a room here as the result of a cancellation. The room was amazing, the service world class. The location is close close to perfect, in the desirable SE corner of the quarter, a short walk to Frenchman Street and far enough from the drunkfest on Bourbon Street that you can avoid it entirely. The true differentiator is their staff. Most are very long term, with strong service commitments and great pride in their hotel. The owner Frank is charming. Pam, an assistant manager, would be an asset to any fine hotel. We were glad to have made her acquaintance, and will call her personally when we return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OBX_Innkeeper
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I absolutely adored this hotel. It's really truly a gem. You can easily walk anywhere from this hotel and when I'm in New Orleans except for areas near the 9th Ward. I would recommend driving to those areas if you need to go. The decor of the hotel is simply charming and yes, the room decor can seem a bit dated but if I wanted to stay someplace that reeks of modern taste, I would go there. However, if you just need the simple amenities and a place that's surrounded by beautiful wrought iron and has a decent pool, you've found your place. The front desk was wonderful and quite accomodating and the room was just fine for what I needed. I will always come back to this hotel whenever I'm staying in New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo