“Hotel stay”

Ranked #35 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Temecula
“Hotel stay”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is the second time we have stayed here. Is one of the more reasonable priced hotels in the French Quarter area. It is a great location within walking distance to many of the sights of New Orleans. Very comfortable rooms and we like having a ceiling fans in the room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We traveled to New Orleans for the first time Oct. 17-20 in celebration of our first wedding anniversary. I found Le Richelieu on Trip Advisor after doing a lot of internet research. We got the room for a good price, and the reviews were mostly favorable, so we went for it.

The hotel staff was fantastic. They were very courteous and helpful. We got recommendations for two restaurants -- one for lunch, the other for dinner -- and they were both great.

The room was lovely and included the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. I think I got some of the best sleep of my life in that bed!

I really enjoyed the classic feel and look of the hotel. I felt like being there transported me back decades ago to a different time. It's a beautiful place.

We truly loved the hotel, and we HIGHLY recommend it!

2 Thank Angela J
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked a stay for our daughter and her "new" husband for 3 nights for a long, honeymoon weekend and they enjoyed their stay tremendously.
The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and made them feel quite at home for their first trip to the Big Easy.
The location could not be beat for walking and exploring the French Quarter restaurants and attractions...including Jackson Square, French Market and Bourbon Street.
During their stay they were upgraded to a roomy King Suite with upstairs balcony views. The hotel is located in a historic area with tons of New Orleans flavor...great photo ops!
The courtyard, lobby and rooms decor offered a "back-in-time" feel, which was lovely, but some of the furnishings were in need of replacement, minor repair and updating.
With this being said...the value, location and excellent customer attention given to the guest could not be beat.
Thanks for making our daughter...and new son-in-law's...honeymoon and first trip to NOLA a memorable and special occasion!

1 Thank PiesViajeros
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have an upcoming stay at the Le Richelieu in the New Orleans French Quarter, I have a friend joining me from Salt Lake City for the long weekend and VooDoo Festival. When I originally called a few weeks ago, all the hotel had available was a junior suite with one queen bed. I would have preferred a room with two double beds but the hotel was sold out. I had no choice but to take the suite with the queen as my friend had already booked his flight and no other rooms were available there in the French Qtr. So today, I decided to call back and just see if there had been any cancellations or changes to current reservations. Luckily for me, I was fortunate enough to talk with Tamara in the reservations department and she was able to find me a room with two double beds and even at a lower rate. Thank my lucky stars and thank you Miss Tamara, I am guranteed to have a fabulous time while I am there in the weeks to come. I usually stay at the Monteleone nearer Canal Street for the location but I have stayed many times in years past at the Le Richelieu, when my dad was still living this was the only place he would ever stay and now I see why. My business partner also stays here whenever he is here on business...Thanky you Le Richelieu and Tamara. I will see you soon !!!

Room Tip: Off the first floor is better because it's quieter~
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Hotel now charges $20 per night for parking; but it still is self parking, which is a rarity in the French Quarter. Really no reason for this charge, since the parking lot used to be attended by a courteous security man. Now it seems he has lost his job, the hotel does not have to pay a salary, yet now charge to park using an unattended electronic gate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Groton, MA
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Le Richelieu is a perfect location--walking distance to everything, especially Frenchman Street and the French Market. Staff was courteous and helpful. Complimentary coffee all day long. Beautiful interior courtyard with a small pool. It would have been nice to have a private balcony so you could leave the doors open at nice, but the balcony offered a great view. The rooms are classic and comfortable. Never had a chance to use the onsite bar and cafe. Beds were super comfortable. Great value!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and the Le Richelieu had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I was in town for a wedding and the majority of the wedding guests stayed at this hotel. I shared a double bed with 3 other girls, which isn't easy considering the room was on the small side. However, when I slept, I slept like a baby. The hotel staff is really nice and it felt more like a B&B than a hotel. Our group had a cocktail party on the balcony (which connects all the rooms on the same floor). The hotel is in walking distance to Frenchmen St. which has some amazing live music.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends