“Old world charm”

Ranked #34 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Burnaby, Canada
“Old world charm”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a very cute hotel that definitely fits in with the style of the French Quarter. We were a little disappointed by the size of the room when we first checked in, especially the shower and tub (my husband is 6'3") but it was clean and quiet so that was really all we cared about. The cafe is good for breakfast bu it closes at 2 so be prepared to go out to eat dinner. The wireless internet was a bit of a joke : the signal didn't reach as far as the bed so we had to sit on the floor outside the bathroom. The morning person on the front desk (she has a wrist brace) was great; super helpful and knowledgeable but the one in the evenings (dyed blonde hair) was utterly useless. Overall, our stay was good. The hotel is in a good location to get where you want to go but not so close to Bourbon that you hear everything going on there at night.

1 Thank Daniela M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have stayed there 15+ times in the last 5 years. Hotel continues to have true French Quarter charm and convenience. Yes it has its quirks (Like 4 th floor garret rooms that slope like you are on a ship!) But we love it. Parking is easy, access is easy, close enough to walk everywhere, Staff is always helpful, small but good restaurant & bar. This is still the real "old quarter" feel. You still your our key at the desk when you leave!

SO if you value charm & over bling, skip the W & stay here. With the $ you save you can walk 200 yds to Stella and REALLY enjoy the quarter

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Robym3
Paducah, KY
Reviewed 18 May 2014

All the other reviews pretty much cover the location, rooms sizes, restaurant, bar, etc. I'm 72 and have some problems with mobility. The parking lot was the wining factor for me. I just can't walk more than a few blocks so I used the car a lot. It was so handy to just walk out the back of the hotel and there was my car setting in a handicap spot. I didn't have to wait for anyone to go get my car, I parked it myself, and really enjoyed that convenience. The on negative for my was I didn't have anything to grab getting in and out of the shower. Next time I'll ask for a handicap room and that should solve that little problem. Anyway the stay was great. Anyone expecting a five star hotel should look elsewhere, this is an very old French quarter building.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Bill G
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Located in the French quarter, this hotel was close enough to the action, but just far enough from the centre to be quiet. It was aslo clise to the Frenchmen Street jazz scene. The room we had was a suite and was very good value for the money.

Just 2 negatives; the wifi in our room was painstakingly sliow and the staff member on our arrival in the evening kept us waiting without really acknowledging us, and once attending to us was easily distracted by others. She could have been a bit more professional.

Room Tip: Since the wifi was good in the lobby, get a room closer to the lobby
3 Thank Ely L
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went there with my hubby and stayed next to the Paul McCartney suite, its charming and old house, very romantic. We mainly loved the staff and the bar downstairs. If you visit New Orleans it's a great place to stay and a small walk to the main attractions, I strongly recommend that hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Madi D
reb6234
Reviewed 13 May 2014

...in this place is palpable. You really feel you are in the city in a building that has character and style. Generally I prefer to stay in much more streamlined and contemporary hotels. I dont like the heavy curtains / old rugs type of accommodations. For this trip, I wanted something in the French quarter and that maybe had some history and mood. Frankly, I was a little skeptical from the photos on TripAdvisor. But this hotel quickly proved itself for me. The room was really cool, with some groovy and not corny decorations. A great balcony. A FANTASTIC parking lot. And the staff was so nice and friendly. Loved it here. It will be my only hotel on future trips to N.O. My *only* hesitation for other travelers might be the bathroom. I was fine, but my traveling companion did mention that it might be due for an update. But considering the price we paid, I would rate this a huge success.

Room Tip: Paul McCartney Suite!!!
2 Thank reb6234
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friend and I spent a long weekend in NOLA and stayed here - this was the perfect distance from everything we wanted to see. It was right between Bourbon, The French Market and Frenchman st. We didn't need any cabs except for the ride to and from the airport. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the staff was extremely nice. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends