“Fun art! Free Champagne! :-)”
Review of Gallery Orange

Gallery Orange
Ranked #180 of 380 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: A contemporary loft style boutique art gallery in the heart of the French Quarter arts district dealing in original art only from both local and International artists emerging and mid-career. Pop-art inspired, abstract and figurative art with a strong focus towards painters and many larger sized canvases. A fun Dutch owner run space where you can drop by for a chat, some art and a cup of Dutch coffee in this airy but intimate space.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I have been visiting this Gallery since it opened, and we are addicted to the fabulous, fun and affordable art that they always have available! Tracy, the gallery owner, does a wonderful job of finding new artists and then catapulting them to fame. Now we just buy from Gallery Orange via their Facebook page... it's that easy!! Except we miss the free champagne that Tracy gives you in the gallery! :-)

2  Thank Julie L

Reviewed 8 November 2013

From what I've seen over several trips, this is the best gallery in the Quarter. Strong selection of representation and abstract work. It's an inviting space and the owner was a pleasure to talk with.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We found Gallery Orange on our baby-moon trip. We had a mild intention of purchasing art during the trip, but fell in love with the gallery and their artists. Tracey, the Gallery owner, was very helpful and patient with our many questions. The GO artists come from all over, but the quality is outstanding! From Gigi Mills' playfulness, Jamie Kirkland's landscapes, Carlos Lopez hypnotic oysters, to Aaron Reichert's iconic work (and many others) you will not be able to leave without an addition to your collection. We didn't and keep coming back (five paintings and counting). Plus if you stick around enough, you will make friends for future visits and maybe even get some champagne. Tracy is also great with restaurant and bar suggestions. A must visit if in NOLA.

1  Thank Jose O
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I walked into this place while I was in the French Quarter because it seemed very inviting; it was bright and open. The pieces were creative and colorful, many from local Louisiana artists I have never seen before. The owner, Tracy, was not pushy at all, so I felt like I could walk around and enjoy the space without having to purchase something...but she was very knowledgeable and helpful when I asked about the artwork.

2  Thank Evan Y
galleryorange, Owner at Gallery Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thanks Evan...how kind and thoughtful of you to take the time and write a review for us. I am glad we do not come across as being pushy...we hope to be informative, fun, polite and yet knowledgeable. Thanks again and see you next trip hopefully
Tracy

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This gallery is not as much about "classic" art as it is about incredible works of creativity that you instantly fall in love with! Other galleries are stuffy and boring, but this one is fun and lively -- just like the art they sell. Several different styles, from abstract to pop, but something for everyone! Be sure not to miss this place if you visit NOLA!

1  Thank Hal L