“OUTSTANDING!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Brandon, Ms
“OUTSTANDING!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed here and it is outstanding! We did not want to leave. The hospitality, food, atmosphere and kindness of the staff is just wonderful. Ms. Linda really needs to write a cookbook!
The location is so pretty and nice. Great shops and very friendly customer service everywhere we went. Magazine St. just never stops with all the amazing shops and eatery. Really a perfect spot to stay, walking distance to the French quarter and really any where you want to go.
I am already planning my next trip!
Thank you again for the great wine and OUTSTANDING service you and your team offer. I could not ask for anything better.

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious.
2 Thank kggarland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The Terrell House is the Best Hidden Gem In the South! After just two days there we felt cared for and indulged as if it'd been weeks, allowing our short and last minute trip to New Orleans to feel like a long planned vacation that had lasted much longer. The relaxing 'time warp' this guest house offers matches the expectations one has of being in such a storied American city, yet the technology, cleanliness and refinement of 'today's world' travel needs are seamlessly available. We are thinking of planning our family reunion there as it would be a great place for everyone to be comfortable, together but not on top of each other!! Virginia -

Room Tip: The Gold suite would be great for more than two people and have privacy while it still feels like ho...
2 Thank vprcb
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband and I scheduled our stay for the 2012 Sugar Bowl. We booked through the Terrell House website. We are in our late 20s and all of our friends were staying downtown in the Marriot. We thought for our first visit to New Orleans we would do it right so we booked the Terrell House after reading the reviews and looking at pictures.

If you're unsure of where to stay, pull the trigger on this place! We were really glad we did. Our room was extremely clean and inviting. The first morning we went down to breakfast and even though we weren't down there for very long, we came back to a perfectly cleaned room. Speaking of breakfast, it was great the two days we stayed and held in a beautiful setting.

We walked from this B&B down to the Magazine St. shops and also walked down to the Superdome, both were not short walks but they were enjoyable (30 minutes most likely). We were unsure of the safety in New Orleans but the Terrell House seemed to be in a fine location. The courtyard was surrounded by a beautiful iron gate and you used an electric key to gain access if the main house was locked.

If I ever get to come back to New Orleans, I would stay here.

Room Tip: Our room (blue room) was on the 2nd floor, just through the courtyard.
2 Thank Becky K
Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

There are many guest house/B&B choices when traveling to New Orleans. Believe me when I say that I sorted through every one of them before deciding on the Terrell House. Really, I'm surprised that it doesn't rank in the Top 5 on Tripadvisor. At any rate, it turned out to be a fantastic choice for us for 3 very important reasons:

1. LOCATION - Terrell House sits on a lovely, quiet stretch of Magazine Street in the Lower Garden District. It is a great springboard and also a little haven away from the madness of downtown New Orleans.

2. SERVICE - Southern hospitality at its finest. They really take care of you at Terrell House. Anika and Linda are the most gracious women you could ever imagine. Breakfast in the morning is a cut above what you get at most B&Bs. Very hearty and satisfying. Something different and delicious every day.

3. ROOMS - From our upstairs King Suite to the dining and sitting rooms, and even the courtyard outside, everything was immaculate. The most tasteful, upscale, but comfortable furnishings can be found throughout the house. So many touches, big and small, kept me gawking for 3 days. Beautiful, spotlessly clean interiors and comfortable beds really says it all!

The fine print:
The Terrell House is probably not for families or those with mobility issues. I really thought my husband might kill himself lugging my 50 pound suitcase up the staircase to our room, but he made it. Thank goodness! And yes, you can hear voices from downstairs, but it's a very old house and that's just the way it is. There is much LESS noise here than at a typical hotel.

Really, the only suggestion I have is for some firmer pillows on the bed. Feather soft is not for me!

We cannot wait to return to New Orleans and I expect that we will stay once again at the beautiful Terrell House on Magazine!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank a74girl
Philadelphia
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family and I had a wonderful experience at the Terrell House. The accomodations were clean and we had plenty of space for all our needs. Stayed in the red room and the creole house. The food was terrific and the service was great. Linda and Anika were really helpful when we needed an extra room. The location is also a plus, blocks from St. Charles trolley, walking distance to everything on Magazine St. or the French Quarter in the other direction. Will definitely stay here the next time I am in NOLA.

Room Tip: Red Room was a nice sized standard room off the courtyard and the creole house is a two bedroom/1 ba...
2 Thank Jeffrey F
Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our family was fortunate to stay at the Terrell House during the holiday season. The festive atmosphere created a beautiful backdrop to showcase this magnificently restored home. The excellent food, with a local flair, prepared us for the day. Miss Linda and her knowledgable staff provided useful information. The easy access to the trolley and bus system, both within walking distance, allow one the opportunity to enjoy everything from the colleges of Tulane and Loyola to the French Quarter. Also nearby are the many eateries, trendy shops and amazing homes. The Terrell House is a jewel and Miss Linda O'Brien a treasure. It is easy for guests at the Terrell House to enjoy the Big Easy.
Les Bon Temp Roulez!!!
Ree Finken
Spring Lake, New Jersey

Room Tip: My children were in the Creole carriage house and I in the gold room. As an early riser, I had the...
2 Thank reefinken
Helena, AL
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My husband and I stayed this week in Terrel House's Gold Suite, which is absolutely gorgeous. The furnishings are antique yet extremely comfortable, and the rooms are spotlessly clean with beautiful wood floors, plush oriental rugs, ceiling fans, and high ceilings. The bed linens are the softest imaginable and an abundance of feather pillows are provided. The suite has large windows with heavy old wavy glass, a private balcony with a view of the cityscape, and a wonderful bathroom with a shower, deep tub, and plenty of hot water. The very best thing about this B&B is the hospitality. Both Linda and Annika are extremely gracious Southern ladies who go out of their way to make sure guests feel at home. The breakfasts are to absolutely die for. We could not have asked for a more wonderful experience. We'll be returning!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor of the main house are spectacular. Carriage house rooms are charmingly co...
2 Thank SmithandHeart