“Great first stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Great first stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation and I was not disappointed! Shannon was delightful, and made staying an extra day easy to decide. Rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Great breakfasts too!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for the kind review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with the Terrell House. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is the absolute best that it can be, and I do hope that is what you found in the Terrell House. I hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans, and we hope to have the opportunity to open our bed and breakfast to you and your friends/family at the Terrell House again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here. The house was beautiful. We had booked a courtyard room but they had plumbing issues and upgraded us to one of the suites in the main house. The room was perfect and the bed slept amazing. The breakfast was good. We have stayed at numerous B&B's and we felt this one was missing the personal touch. We were shown around briefly and instructed on what to do and what not to do. We didnt interact with the owner. We were not told anything about the house or its history. We were also not served breakfast. They just sat it out and told us what it was. We interacted with a few other guests at breakfast but other than that it was very impersonal. I would list this as more of an Inn than a traditional B&B.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Hdtoth
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the lack of personal attention during your 2 day visit. I had just been told a couple of hours prior to your arrival that my plumbing issue had mushroomed into a plumbing nightmare. As I was greeting you at the front door, a carpenter and plumber had arrived at my back door to remove 2 tubs, toilets, and sinks as well as the tile flooring in the bathrooms. This meant no one could stay in any of the 4 rooms in the carriage house because there was no bathroom or the noise from the demoltiion of the bathrooms would not be conducive to guests staying in the rooms. There were other guests in addition to yourselves that I had to find lodging for as I did not have enough vacant rooms at theTerrell House. I was relieved that you were pleased with your room switch. I was very proccoupied with the plumbing issue and how to get it resolved as quickly as possible and am very sorry I was not able to spend more time with you when you arrived.
We normally do not serve breakfast to guests individually. Our full, hot breakfast is set out buffet style so that guests may pick and choose what they would like as well as have a more flexable time frame for eating breakfast. We continue bringing out hot food until all the guests have been served. I do usually encounter guests throughout the day and evening and am not sure how I missed seeing you except that I was very involved with the plumbing problems.
Some guests are more interested in learning about the house than others. Those guests usually ask to be told about the history of the house. There is also a booklet in each room that tells the history of the house. I love the Terrell House and love talking about it and hate I did not have the opportunity to talk with you about it.
We pride ourselves with providing a warm, comfortable, inviting atmosphere at the Terrell House and want our guests to feel that they are guests visiting our home. I'm extremely sorry that we did not provide that experience for you.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2013

If you are going to New Orleans, you have to stay here at least one night for the absolutely delicious breakfast! The house is spectacular, the owner is so nice, and the staff is very attentive. It is worth mentioning again...the breakfast is to die for! We had the spinach quiche with fresh fruit, and an apple turnover the first day, then, grits, fruit, and a creme brulee french toast the second day. I was in a food coma by the third day and I cannot remember what they served us, but everything was fabulous!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank S_EdgeR2010
Lolashouse, Public Relations Manager at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast! It is definitely one of the things that we pride ourselves on. All in all, I hope that you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans and especially at Terrell House. Hope to see you again sometime, and thank you for the wonderful feedback! Cheers!
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at the Terrell House for a quick weekend get-away. The Terrell House Bed & Breakfast MADE our trip. The house itself has the New Orleans elegance and character and is in a lovely part of town close to local transportation, but the service and cooking were really what made our experience extraordinary. The lovely ladies running the B&B were not only welcoming and friendly, but they went out of their way to be helpful. They explained how to get in and out of the city easily, and even made our dinner reservations when our original plan fell through! The breakfast was so delicious I wanted to stay another day just to enjoy the cooking one more time! I feel comfortable saying that if we had stayed anywhere else, our trip would not have been so wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
I'm very glad to hear that we made your trip worthwhile! We do hope that the rest of your stay in New Orleans was just as enjoyable. Thank you for the amazing feedback and positive review. Hope to see you again sometime! Cheers!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed here for a wedding and were very pleased. The accommodations are comfortable, the common areas lovely, and the breakfasts are plentiful and delicious.

Short drive to downtown, easy walk to trolly stop. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
Lolashouse, Public Relations Manager at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for the great review. We always appreciate the feedback, especially on weddings. We love to host them and love to know when they receive the guests approval!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2013

While in New Orleans for the Jazz Fest, we stayed at Terrell House. This was our second time there and everything was wonderful. Its a beautiful home with quite an interesting history.
The staff is great, the breakfast is outstanding, and the location with Magazine Street and the Trolly in close by is very convienent. Looking ahead to 2014 Jazz Fest.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Lolashouse, Public Relations Manager at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
It was terrific to have you! We do hope Fest brings you around next year. We especially hope that you spread the news to your friends about your great stay at Terrell House. Cheers!
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Just spent 3 wonderful days in New Orleans for my Son's wedding. We stayed at Terrell House which was also the location of their destination wedding. The inn is beautifully maintained and the staff was excellent. They made us feel as if it was our home for three days. The lower garden district location is ideal to access the many neighborhood shops and eateries on Magazine Street as well as being a quick cab ride away form downtown. We will definately be coming back here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lolashouse, Public Relations Manager at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you so much for your terrific review! The wedding was fantastic and we're glad that you enjoyed it. Be sure to spread the word! See you soon!