“A beautiful experience with a wonderful staff.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Saint Albans, West Virginia
“A beautiful experience with a wonderful staff.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This was such a lovely B&B with the most friendly talented staff . We came for my son's wedding to which they handled every detail with perfect precision and timing. The floral arrangements were outstanding! I want to give my personal thank-you to Chef Shannon who is not only an accomplished chef but made us feel so at home.

• Stayed October 2013
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for your nice review! I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with how we handled your sons wedding. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible experience at the Terrell House and I hope that's what you and your family had while staying with us! Please come and see us again real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Canton, Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We selected this B&B. for its proximity to the WW2 Museum which is within comfortable walking distance. What we did not anticipate was how impressive the hospitality and cuisine would be.

Shannon,the chef, made us feel welcomed from the moment we arrived. She had our custom breakfast ready to serve us each of the three mornings we were there. Not only was the food delicious, it was served beautifully. Truly a feast for the eyes.

She was also very helpful in recommending restaurants and attractions once she determined our interests. We took her ideas and were not disappointed. Our only regret was that we could not have extended our stay for more nights.

The Terrell House is a lovely establishment but Shannon truly made it stand out! As much as we love trying new places, this is one place we would repeat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gold Room in the main house. It is a very comfortable suite and we were not bothere...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
It sounds like you loved Shannon as much as we do! I am so excited that you had the opportunity to enjoy her food during your stay with us. She does of a fabulous job and I love when our guests agree. Thank you for reviewing us, and I look forward to seeing you at the Terrell House during your next trip to New Orleans!
Framingham, MA
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed here twice and have been impressed with the great attention to detail: decor, service, and food! The new Chef, Shannon, is fabulous. Her breakfasts were scrumptious and she has a lovely personality. Her restaurant recommendations were superb! The location is great and I will stay there again and again!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind tripadvisor review! We are delighted that you had a nice stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and delicious breakfast, and I am thrilled that you got to enjoy it. Hope to see you back at the Terrell House in the near future!
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

An impromptu first visit to NOLA in mid-August for myself and my husband....Terrell House had everything we were looking for: classic New Orleans architecture, incredible décor (even better in person than the beautiful photos show), wonderful service, delicious breakfasts, easy parking, quiet, relaxing, and perfectly located. Walk to the street cars, the shops and mansions of the Garden District. Easy to find and navigate from when driving. We enjoyed being away from the noise and crowds of the French Quarter but had no problem using Terrell House as a base of operations (both walking and driving) from which to explore FQ and the other great neighborhoods of New Orleans. The King Suite is so comfortable we regularly overslept (thanks for keeping our breakfast warm!). Absolutely lovely. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I am thrilled that you and your husband had such a great first experience in New Orleans. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has a satisfactory experience not only at the Terrell House, but in our amazing city, and I am delighted to hear y'all had a great one. Please do come back and see us the next time you are in New Orleans!
New Orleans
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Terrell House is wonderful. I am a student in New Orleans and I stayed here with my father when he came to visit for the weekend. The room was very quiet and had strong AC. The black out curtains allowed us to sleep in after a night of exploring New Orleans. My father particularly enjoyed sitting on the balcony facing the courtyard. I enjoyed the location and food! Annika is warm and caters to your every need. The breakfasts were delicious! Other B and Bs in the area cannot rival the breakfast experience at Terrell House. We were able to have breakfast prepared early so that my father could eat before his AM flight. The room was very comfortable. I appreciate the attention to detail in the room. I also liked that guests use a private side entrance that allows you to come and go easily and without walking through the main house. I will definitely be coming back here again and again. A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Amy -

I am so glad you had a great experience with us at the Terrell House, and thank you for your kind review! So glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, and we are always more than happy to accommodate any of our guests special requests like preparing breakfast early. We look forward to hosting you and your father for many years to come.
Abbeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the Terrell house on 8/16/13 and 8/17/13 and it was a great experience.
The beautiful home and patio and a fantastic custom prepared breakfast each day made our stay memorable.
The bedding is high quality and our room in the carriage house was perfect.

Highly recommended, we will surely return to The Terrell House whenever we return to New Orleans.
This place is a 'must see' !

Room Tip: The Carriage House rooms are great with easy access to the brick courtyard right outside your door.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of the Terrell House! I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the courtyard - it is certainly one of our favorite amenities and offers a charm that can only be found in New Orleans. We hope your stay with us was a memorable one and we look forward to having you stay at the Terrell House in the future.
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation and I was not disappointed! Shannon was delightful, and made staying an extra day easy to decide. Rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Great breakfasts too!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for the kind review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with the Terrell House. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is the absolute best that it can be, and I do hope that is what you found in the Terrell House. I hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans, and we hope to have the opportunity to open our bed and breakfast to you and your friends/family at the Terrell House again in the future!