“Highlight of our trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Cary, North Carolina
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Terrell house is everything I ever pictures of old world charm in New Orleans. Massive wooden doors welcome you in to a warmly decorated hallway skirted by the sitting room and main dining room. They have decorated this home wonderfully. We stayed in the main house and never visited the other rooms so we can't say much about them but we did really enjoy our room. We were on the top floor, in one of the smaller rooms but it still felt cozy. The sheets were impossibly soft and it was nice to have our own air conditioning unit to customize. I were able to tour around the other rooms in the main house and loved how grand they were. The Gold Suite and King Suite were particularly fantastic. I loved how the house and it's extensions bordered an adorable little courtyard with a lovely fountain. We spent several warm afternoons resting in the shade while we enjoyed some complimentary beverages. I used the Terrell house for my mother in laws 60th birthday celebration and it managed to house the whole family and treat us all like kings. They even organized a dessert social night on the Friday that we all arrived. They made my mother in laws favorite dessert and also a few "New Orleans" desserts that were absolutely fantastic.

The breakfasts were delicious as well and very abundant. You'll never want for food or drink at the Terrell house.

If I ever go back to NOLA, I'll be staying here again. It was fantastic!

Room Tip: While the upper rooms and carriage house rooms are cheaper the main house, main floor rooms are so o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for talking the time to write such a detailed, kind review of the Terrell House! It was certainly our pleasure to host you and your group. I am delighted that you enjoyed the home and that you were able to take advantage of our courtyard. We look forward to having you all back with us in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed 1 July 2014

More like an elegant small hotel experience than the intrusive b&b . . . lovely! Staff could be easily found if needed, breakfast was outstanding, great hospitality. Location is central to most everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review of the Terrell House. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to host you again in the future.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm not a big bed and breakfast person, but my husband and I were recently in New Orleans for one night and wanted to stay near Magazine St - so the Terrell House seemed like our best option. First, it's in a great location. Easy to walk to restaurants and shops down Magazine ST. and easy to walk over to St. Charles St. to catch the streetcar or visit one of the restaurants over there. Second, the service was fantastic. The owner met us when we arrived and gave us a very thorough tour of where everything was and offered suggestions for dinner. Our room was fantastic; we were in one of the upstairs rooms with it's own balcony. The bed, the linens, the temperature - everything was so comfortable. And the breakfast was really delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I only wish we had been able to stay longer this time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for writing such a kind review of the Terrell House. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location as well as the breakfasts. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
Washignton, Ct
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I have been frequent guests at the Terrell House since its opening about a decade ago, traveling for both personal and business purposes. We have always been made to feel that we are residing in the lap of luxury. Every need and creature comfort is always perfectly fulfilled, from wi-fi to climate control. We tell everyone we know who is planning a trip to New Orleans to cancel any other reservations they may have made, and stay at the Terrell House. We feel so strongly that the ambiance, decor, extraordinary (and personalized) breakfasts, the appointments of every room represent the essence of the finest Southern hospitality and the elegance which is at the heart of the true New Orleans culture. Linda O'Brien and her staff are delightful and cheerful, and they provide an immaculate and uplifting home for visitors.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house and in the little building across Euterpe Street are brighter than those in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Susan -

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Terrell House. You are most certainly one of our most loyal and valued customers. It is a pleasure to host you all and I look forward to hosting you for many years to come.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked both of the second floor suites for my wedding weekend and we could not have been more impressed! Both rooms were absolutely gorgeous!! Both have their own balcony where we sat and had coffee in the mornings. Our favorite part was the delicious breakfast! Not to be missed. We will definitely stay again for our anniversary!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We loved hosting you all for your wedding. So happy to hear that you liked your rooms and that you were able to take advantage of the balconies that we have. Also happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast. We look forward to you returning for your anniversary!
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

"Everything" at the Terrell House suited us perfectly: the staff, the decor, the large rooms, the courtyards and, of course, the delicious breakfasts. Not having to pay for parking was an additional plus.

• Stayed June 2014
I am happy to hear that you had a nice experience with us at the Terrell House. I hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in New Orleans.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in the Blue Room with my boyfriend for a long weekend in mid-June. Shannon, who manages the home, was more than great. She gave us awesome restaurant recommendations and was very accommodating with check-in and breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, each day was something new and delicious. The owner has impeccable taste, and has paid attention to every last detail with design and service. It was even better than in photos. The courtyard is very peaceful and charming, and the whole place is very quiet. Great for a relaxing weekend. Magazine street is cute, with a few shops and some trendy coffee spots. District was our favorite with delicious donuts and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review of the Terrell House. I am delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend had a pleasant stay with us. Also glad to hear that you all had a chance to enjoy all that Magazine Street has to offer. I look forward to hosting you at our home again in the future.