“Gracious living in NOLA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The house is beautiful, comfortable, and clean as a whistle. The breakfast is delicious and plentiful. Everyone we came in contact with, at Terrell House, made sure we had what we needed when we needed it. This is a gracious bed and breakfast. Our flight was cancelled and we found Terrell House through the recommendation of a cousin. We were lucky there was a room available! After our very average experience at a New Orleans hotel, we were grateful to have a real New Orleans experience. We wish we had stayed at Terrell House our entire stay and will if we are fortunate enough to visit The Big Easy again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

David - we are so happy that you were able to find us and that we had a room available during your time in New Orleans! Happy to hear that you felt that you had a unique New Orleans experience - that is always a goal of ours. We look forward to having you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I had a most enjoyable 3 nights stay this month at this B&B. The enchanting room, the delicious meals and the location were perfect, even exceeding our expectations. On top of it, Shannon, the hostess in charge, was unbelievably warm, funny and helpful, from restaurant recommendations, visit idea to care packages for my young daughter.

I highly recommend this B&B to everyone.

Nathalie from Montreal, Québec.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of the Terrell House. I am so happy to hear that Shannon was such a good host to you all. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you all again the next time you are in New Orleans.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son and his love were recently married and spent their honeymoon in New Orleans. I wanted them to have a wonderfully special first night of their married life, and selected the stunning Terrell House Bed & Breakfast- but had several special requests: since they would be traveling from Oregon and coming virtually straight from their wedding, I was hoping for late check out the morning after they arrived AND I wanted to have a special dinner waiting for them upon their arrival. Well, this is a bed and BREAKFAST after all, but proprietor Linda O'Brien and Chef-extraordinaire Shannon Lynch pulled out all the stops to accommodate my requests. Chef Lynch (who has been a Chef for European Royalty and also once the private chef for Jimmy Buffet) prepared an exceptional several course dinner my kids RAVED about; they had the dining room to themselves and toasted this incredible meal with champagne and all the trimmings. This historic property is absolutely stunning- from the furnishings to spectacular grounds and my son and his bride felt like royalty while staying there. Terrell House Bed & Breakfast made their honeymoon so very very special!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so happy that your son and his new wife enjoyed their stay at the Terrell House. We are always happy and willing to accommodate special requests when we can. I hope that you and your son choose to stay at the Terrell House the next time y'all are in New Orleans!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have patronized several B&Bs but I must say that Terrell House is one that truly embodies the city in which it sits. It is truly "New Orleans". This Beautifully Decorated Property has so much character and charm, with a very personable and professional staff. Special Thanks to Sharron the head cook who oversaw everything while the owner was away! We hope to be back in a year or so and would definitely recommend that you stay during your next trip! April and David

Room Tip: Book early...

April & David,

So happy that you all enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the moment Renee sent us on our way after a long-weekend stay, my husband and I have been plotting our return. Where do we begin to sing the Terrell House's praises? Maybe with a simple lyric, "You're simply the best; Better than all the rest." With no disrespect to Tina Turner, this song is not a solo record, but a group hit, with lots of star turns. First, the house itself. We love staying in older homes because of their character, but some are dressed up too whimsically and others are not fully dressed. The Terrell House is dressed perfectly - more formal in public areas with all the right details (handsome furniture, sumptuous draperies, carefully selected artwork and collectibles, grand staircase, soaring walls) and more comfortable and nap-inducing in our (Gold) room (luxurious bedding, plush towels, a day bed in the adjoining room, and a private balcony perched above Magazine Street. All this, plus a nicely gardened courtyard from which to admire the fine exterior lines of the house while listening to the call of tinkling water from the fountain and purring from Jubilee, our moonlight watching companion. Then there are the breakfasts. Shannon prepared the most delicious, satisfying breakfasts our first two mornings, making sure we started our days in this food capital with a high benchmark for all the purveyors we would meet later in our quest to eat the very best this food capital has to offer. And before we had time to lament not having a third Shannon breakfast to share, Renee charmed us with with a delicious breakfast of her own, regaling us with stories of her lovely city. Shannon and Renee both went out of their way to make sure our stay in the Crescent City was going to be a great one, from giving us their informed restaurant suggestions to offering to take one of us to lunch those few hours when the other one toiled away at a work conference in the convention center. Harry and I love discovering gems like the Terrell House, because they are a testament to the care and love of the people responsible for their excellence. So, you see, we had a truly lovely visit at the Terrell House. Linda, we look forward to meeting you the next time we visit. You can see that you left us in lovely hands. Thank you, Michael and Harry.

Room Tip: Pick the Gold room if you like to linger in a bath or take a nap on a daybed.
2  Thank michaelcH9676LI

I am so delighted that you all had such a nice stay with us in my absence. I enjoyed reading all about your stay with us and how you enjoyed our home and hospitality. It is our goal to please our guests and give them a unique New Orleans experience. We hope to host you again on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Authentic New Orleans, amazing breakfast, can't recommend this place enough! Linda and her staff are wonderful and friendly and the property is like a trip back in time with all the luxuries of today.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review on tripadvisor. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my second time staying at the Terrell House and I must say, I just love this place. This year Shannon not only cooked the MOST amazing breakfasts, she was one of our hosts. The coffee they serve there is to die for as well. Renee, our other host, was soo charming. Shannon and Renee made sure everyone had everything we needed, even giving us great places to eat and visit. The staff was most helpful and always cheerful. This location is close enough to everything, yet far enough away to actually rest and recoup from the many activities always going on in NOLA. The courtyard is the perfect place for a glass of wine, a good book, or just hanging out with other guests. I'll see you soon!!!

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, don't book the third floor rooms. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review of the Terrell House. I am happy to hear that you are repeat visitor of ours and that you enjoyed our breakfasts and location. I look forward to hosting you again very soon.