Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
US$209
US$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$262
US$240
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$228
US$209
US$122
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$134
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main housemagazine streetcreole houselower garden districtmiss lindacarriage houseyellow roomking suitebreakfast was deliciousfrench quarterwedding venuebeautiful antiquesdaughter's weddinglovely homesmall kitchenshort driveevery morning
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and had the MOST amazing experience at The Terrell House. Instead of staying in the Quarter, a friend and I stayed here, and were blown away by the building, the staff, the decor -- all top notch. Our room was decorated so beautifully, and was larger than expected, filled with amazing antiques, paintings, lamps, linens, etc. The photos on the web site do not do it justice one bit. My friend and I have both traveled the world and stayed at some of the most amazing hotels (ie Peninsula, Beverly Hills Hotel, Four Seasons, etc) and I felt this blew them all away. The owner, Linda, could not have been sweeter or more accommodating. Close to Magazine Street shops and a short cab ride (or street car) to the Quarter. The big surprise was the breakfast -- all home made New Orleans caseroles, breads, grits -- all amazing. I was so sad to leave, but will definitely go back again next visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYJTraveler
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I've visited New Orleans every year since 1987, staying at motels, hotels, flopping with friends. When I have to spend money for accommodations, my #1 choice is the Terrell House. I've stayed there at least 10 times under three different ownerships. The house itself has always been fantastic, but the latest owner, Linda O'Brien, has made it even more special. Besides being a Southern sweetheart and a fabulous cook, she and husband Edward have totally freshened up the old place. I actually hesitate to recommend it only because I want to be sure there's room whenever I want to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cary'n'nancy
Reviewed 11 November 2009

My extended family & I stayed at the Terrell House over my wedding weekend in late October of this year. The house itself is an event of its own, and Ms. Linda and her staff are AMAZING...attentive without being intrusive, completely friendly and hospitable. They hosted my rehearsal dinner and all the food was terrific, but they also served the best dang gumbo I've ever had. I'm serious. The Terrell House also became a kind of "control center" for most of the wedding...it was such an integral part of our weekend. Although our wedding was too big for the Terrell House to accomodate, I can honestly say that the Terrell House was just as crucial to the success of our big day as the wedding venue itself! The courtyard served as a perfect gathering spot for our families and friends, and believe me when I tell you that the pictures do NOT do the house or the guest rooms justice! Her taste is impeccable and it shows in everything from the art work, furniture, food (and its presentation)...I couldn't have picked a more perfect spot for my family. Her breakfasts are delicious and were different each day. The location is in one of my favorite parts of the city...away from the ruckus of the Quarter, but still a quick and easy trip should you want to go that way. I cannot WAIT to return for a "girls night" with my mom and sister in the early spring. I would strongly encourage anyone to take advantage of this hidden gem in the Lower Garden District!! I BIG HEART the Terrell House, Ms. Linda, Ms. Ilene, Ms. Kim, and Ms. Dolores!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank StaciaDobe
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We stayed at Terrell House for our wedding but wish we'd stayed for our honeymoon too. The house is so lovely and Linda went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect! She even put together great hors douvres at the last minute when the rainy weather canecelled our second line parade plans. Great house, great host.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nirol_Semaj
Reviewed 21 December 2008

The Terrell House is a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans. Linda is such a gracious hostess and her breakfast menus alone are worth the trip to New Orleans! My family (me, hubby, and both of our mothers) decided to visit New Orleans for Thanksgiving for the first time post-Katrina. Linda went above and beyond to make our 3rd trip (and our moms' FIRST trip) the best one yet.

We stayed in the King Suite and the Moms were in the Gold Suite, both in the main house. Our rooms were beautifully decorated, with luxurious bedding and textiles, and fresh flower arrangements. Each room had a coffee maker, for that early morning caffeine fix before breakfast, along with bottled waters, hot teas, and sodas. Each bathroom was unique and nicely appointed with robes for each of us.

Breakfast at Terrell House is quite the affair! Each morning there was coffee, tea, and juices, all put out in china and silver serving pieces. The breakfast offerings were generous and had something for everyone. Each morning held a new buffet that included an egg option (casserole or quiche), a sweet (scones, Creme Brulee French Toast, pastries), grits (and let me tell you, you've never had grits as amazing as these!), and a fruit (a beautiful parfait or a fruit salad). Our big breakfast each morning held us over until way past lunch!!

And don't you men out there think that this is a place only the ladies would want to stay. It has such a comfortable atmosphere that you always feel at home. My husband had as good a time as the 3 ladies in his life! And if you're like my husband, and carefully watching that vacation budget, keep these things in mind as you shop for places to stay:

1) FREE BREAKFAST! This is not the continental breakfast you get at a chain hotel that leaves you unsatisfied. This is a breakfast your mom/grandma would fix you to send you out for the day. Big saver over the length of your stay.
2) FREE PARKING! The hotels in New Orleans charge a small fortune for on-site parking and often force you to valet for over $30 a night! Not only are you paying to park, but you are waiting (sometimes 30 minutes) for them to bring you your car. We never had an issue finding a spot right next to the house!
3) NO HIDDEN FEES! What you are quoted per night is what you pay. No extra hidden taxes, no nightly charge for a tiny hotel room safe you never use, no $4 charge for that water bottle you grabbed off the nightstand.
4) LINDA! She is a wealth of information. She tries to be very unobtrusive and give all her guests plenty of privacy. But ask her to sit down with you at breakfast. She gave us great insight into post-Katrina New Orleans, amazing LOCAL dinner options (you know, there ARE restaurants in NOLA besides those owned by the Brennan Family and Emeril! Give them a try!), and some primo shopping tips.

You won't be disappointed if you stay at Terrell House!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TexasRed75