“40th B Day Throw Down”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I had the pleasure of meeting Linda over the phone and my first thought was.. she is really nice. However as the weeks building up to my celebration i found out she was PHENOMINAL. The Terrell House is everything the pictures show and more. Everything was comforting from the Dove bar of soap and Dove shampoo in the bathrooms to the level of service and outstanding food. I can not wait to have another reason to visit New Orleans. She has my business, and everyones else i can encourage to stay here. Awesome awesome visit. The entire staff was fantastic!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RBilbo
There are newer reviews for Terrell House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I spent 4 wonderful days at Terrell Guest House last summer. We were so impressed with the breakfasts she served that we still talk about it. I even asked her for recipes! It was simply a perfect stay and I would highly recommend Terrell House (and have) to all friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbcmc
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We almost booked at a chain hotel and changed our minds at the last minute to book a B&B. I was debating between 2 properties. When I spoke to Linda on the phone, I knew I had to stay at the Terell House. The minute I stepped in, I felt home, or the home I wish I had. Everything was perfect. We stayed in one of the suites and everything in that room was tasteful and well kept. Every piece of furniture is well chosen.
Linda is a woman of great taste, an exquisite woman. She is a great hostess. Not to mention her talents as a cook! Breakfast was outstanding. You cannot have enough of her grits.
Linda also goes out of her way to make sure your needs are met. She cares to remind you to book a taxi.
Terell house made our stay in NOLA memorable. I cannot wait to go back and send friends and family.
Try it, you will be enchanted.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Aimonsvoyager
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My mother and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Terrell House! We stayed in the White Room and the photos online do not give it justice. The house was beautiful and a lot of thought had gone into details including: fresh flowers in each room, high quality bedding, really comfortable beds, complimentary water and sodas, access to a microwave, refrigerator, freezer, etc...
Breakfast was wonderful (even during the week) and the owner and housekeepers were so friendly. Location was nice and quiet with a beautiful park behind the property. However, I wouldn't necessarily say it was in the Garden District. But, a walk of a few blocks took us to the St. Charles streetcar and to the shops of Magazine Street. We would certainly stay at the Terrell House when back in New Orleans. It really was the highlight to our trip.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank brittny81
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and had the MOST amazing experience at The Terrell House. Instead of staying in the Quarter, a friend and I stayed here, and were blown away by the building, the staff, the decor -- all top notch. Our room was decorated so beautifully, and was larger than expected, filled with amazing antiques, paintings, lamps, linens, etc. The photos on the web site do not do it justice one bit. My friend and I have both traveled the world and stayed at some of the most amazing hotels (ie Peninsula, Beverly Hills Hotel, Four Seasons, etc) and I felt this blew them all away. The owner, Linda, could not have been sweeter or more accommodating. Close to Magazine Street shops and a short cab ride (or street car) to the Quarter. The big surprise was the breakfast -- all home made New Orleans caseroles, breads, grits -- all amazing. I was so sad to leave, but will definitely go back again next visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYJTraveler
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I've visited New Orleans every year since 1987, staying at motels, hotels, flopping with friends. When I have to spend money for accommodations, my #1 choice is the Terrell House. I've stayed there at least 10 times under three different ownerships. The house itself has always been fantastic, but the latest owner, Linda O'Brien, has made it even more special. Besides being a Southern sweetheart and a fabulous cook, she and husband Edward have totally freshened up the old place. I actually hesitate to recommend it only because I want to be sure there's room whenever I want to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cary'n'nancy
Reviewed 11 November 2009

My extended family & I stayed at the Terrell House over my wedding weekend in late October of this year. The house itself is an event of its own, and Ms. Linda and her staff are AMAZING...attentive without being intrusive, completely friendly and hospitable. They hosted my rehearsal dinner and all the food was terrific, but they also served the best dang gumbo I've ever had. I'm serious. The Terrell House also became a kind of "control center" for most of the wedding...it was such an integral part of our weekend. Although our wedding was too big for the Terrell House to accomodate, I can honestly say that the Terrell House was just as crucial to the success of our big day as the wedding venue itself! The courtyard served as a perfect gathering spot for our families and friends, and believe me when I tell you that the pictures do NOT do the house or the guest rooms justice! Her taste is impeccable and it shows in everything from the art work, furniture, food (and its presentation)...I couldn't have picked a more perfect spot for my family. Her breakfasts are delicious and were different each day. The location is in one of my favorite parts of the city...away from the ruckus of the Quarter, but still a quick and easy trip should you want to go that way. I cannot WAIT to return for a "girls night" with my mom and sister in the early spring. I would strongly encourage anyone to take advantage of this hidden gem in the Lower Garden District!! I BIG HEART the Terrell House, Ms. Linda, Ms. Ilene, Ms. Kim, and Ms. Dolores!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family