Hyatt Regency New Orleans
US$290
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$197
  • Breakfast included
US$284
US$259
US$432
US$400
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$346
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$390
US$348
4,280 results
All reviewssuper domevitascope hallfrench quartersmoothie king centermercedes benz superdomehuge hotelroom keyconvention hotelsaints gamebeautiful hotelhurricane katrinacab rideattending a conferencerestaurants and barscorner roomfitness centerbusiness district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

March and another conference! This time at the Hyatt Regency and again this place knows how to run a large event with great precision! Check in was easy and efficient, again always nice to meet friendly staff. I walked up through the hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the amenities, great big atrium bar and restaurant area, good atmosphere overall.
Once I worked out the elevator system, clever as it is I went to my room and was delighted to see that it was a great size, well appointed and laid out with everything I needed. Wireless was complimentry ( for one device only, anymore meant upgrading your wireless package $15 a day).
The bar and restaurant staff overall were excellent. Breakfast was great and the bar had a good "buzz" about it. I have to say drinks and food reasonably priced and good quality. There is a starbucks too in the conference area if you need a coffee and cake! The hotel also has a fantastic fitness center on the top floor so you can run on the treadmill looking out over New Orleans.
This is a very comfortable hotel, grand in its appearence and really did exceed my expectation in nearly every way, yes there is a "but" coming.The parking is an issue, the only option available is Valet parking which is expensive at over $35 a day, adding tips to this every time you need the car adds up! There is a car park to the right of the hotel as you drive along the street, it has a board saying "hotel parking" but this has nothing to do with the hotel, its misleading. I did bring this up on check-in and apparently they are aware of it but didnt do anything during my stay and once you drive in you will have to pay to get out.
My other niggle is house keeping, the room was never properly cleaned. When I checked in to the room I found a long black hair in the shower, very obvious and off putting. The room was never properly cleaned during my stay, water marks on the table never wiped off, floor not being vacumed and dirty towels left outside my door until 10pm. I did bring this up on check out and the staff apologised and were fantastic about it, taking notes and ensuring it would be looked into.
Would I stay here again? Yes, with the caveat that the house keeping is improved, otherwise i'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency the weekend of March 23rd.
The hotel and staff were great .Hope to stay again in the near
future. Great job Hyatt and staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My first time at any Hyatt, we only had a couple issues but other than that, this Hyatt was amazing to stay at for 3nights-cozy and comfortable and not just the inside of your room, the entire building! Loved the staff...didn't see one member without a smile. March 16th-19th. Took TONS of pics of just the Hyatt alone.

Room Tip: The only thing is we asked for new bedding due to stains, they replaced them with a new set of stained bedding. We had king room 840. A window view of buildings and pool. Quiet but every so often is someone lets their door slam it would be loud. True HD channels for tv lovers. No free wifi but they have a Starbucks on another floor (think 3) that has free wifi. Oh, the shower sprays so wide it drains out side of the shower base (no tub), so ask for extra towels first hand just to place town or it will be a very wet mess n slippery. That's why it's not a 5 stars room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at Hyatt this past weekend. Had heard stories of how nice it was renovated but until you see it you can't appreciate it! Modern, chic decor. Really a nice place to stay!! We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed here for a weekend conference. The room was tasteful and elegant. CLEAN! The conference was held in the hotel and everything flowed fairly well from large rooms to breakout sessions. The hotel was new or had been redone because the technology for the elevators and rooms was something I had never seen before and took a little getting used to but was pretty neat after that.

Tips: Wear layers if attending conference. The conference rooms were freezing! I would crank the heat up when I'd get back to my hotel room.
The taxis are lined up outside the hotel but you are also within walking distance to many locations, check your maps. :)
There was some confusion about navigating from the first floor to the 3rd floor and crossing through the restaurants to the elevators... to get to the upper floors. There has to be an easier way. And finding Starbucks. I got lost a few times.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business