“Good location for the Super Dome”

Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Ranked #66 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a nice weekend stay during the Essence Music Festival. You will pay for internet access and there are no vending machines on each floor even though there are signs for them. Getting used to the elevator system is another issue. You can go down to the Starbucks in the hotel to use the internet for free.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencyNola, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear BillandBobAtlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay. I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your stay over Essence Festival! I hope you'll let us welcome you again the next time you find yourself in New Orleans.

Best Wishes,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency New Orleans

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was at this Hotel in July for a Conference. I spent 6 nights. I love the Hotel. It has a nice lounge and the rooms were nice. Check in was terrible. We had approximately 1500 people in attendance for our conference and the lines were horrible at check in. We did not get our rooms until after 5 p.m. on the day of arrival. The hotel is located close to Canal and Bourbon Street and the walk really wasn't that bad. One evening we did not get wash clothes and we had to take some extra time to get that issues worked out. The layout was a bit confusing for the older ladies that were there as part of the conference. Trying to get from one meeting room to another was a bit challenging especially when a large number of us were heading to the same location within the hotel. As other events were being held during the same time period, there were many traffic jams but the beds slept good. The view wasn't all that but, it was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear luvinlife46,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We always welcome reviews from our guests and value your honesty. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I'm sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. I hope that if there is anything you'd like to further discuss you will reach me directly at wilma.cruz@hyatt.com

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Positive , but some Negative.

POSITIVE: Had a "corner" King Size room, which was very nice and a great view of the DOME.
Checking in was GREAT. One of the managers engaged in conversation with welcome information and great recommendations, which was appreciated. The staff was very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel is located next to the Dome and their is a nice grocery store five (5) minute walk from hotel. The downtown area was approximately 8-10 blocks (trolley), French Quarter and Waterfront further, Market area even further and Frenchman Street much further. SO PUT YOUR WALKING SHOES ON, if you don't mine walking. We walked EVERYWHERE! If you are NOT a walker cabs are "plentiful" in front of the hotel, but that could be "costly." If you are a fitness person, you will LOVE the fitness area. Brrrrrrrr! the pool is NOT heated. The staff "always" greeted you with a smile or pleasant conversation. Attended a convention, this is a good convention hotel, WELL I THOUGHT SO.

NEGATIVE: Everything went well until day four (4). I arrived back in my room around 4:35 p.m., my room had not been CLEAN/REFRESH. On day five (5) leaving out even EARLIER (8:00 a.m.) and not returning until 6:40 p.m. again me room had not been CLEAN/REFRESH. I realize then that the housekeeping staff was still CLEANING ROOMS and their was NO system with the housekeeping staff. I realize that numerous conventions were being held back to back. The hotel was "overbooked" and LOGISTICALLY couldn't accommodate the crowd. HELP!! The bottom line, Hyatt Regency has "GREAT POTENTIAL."

Room Tip: NO ATRIUM room(s) will be disturb by weekend jazz entertainer (LOUD MUSIC), if you are a "ligh...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RADDY7022

Dear RADDY7022,

Thank for your review! It sounds like you enjoyed everything from the check in process to StayFit our fitness center. I do apologize that there were some aspects of your experience that did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you the next time you are in New Orleans.

Best,

Reviewed 13 August 2012

My son and I spent 3 nights recently attending the Arena Bowl August 10, 2012. Excellent location for walking to/from the New Orleans Arena. A good 8-10 block walk to downtown but we didn't mind it and had no problems even walking at night. Hotel staff were super-friendly & helpful. We were immediately upgraded to a room with a view of the SuperDome and Arena which my son thought was awesome! Also, it is a beautiful hotel, recently re-opened in Oct. 2011 after the Katrina disaster required a total remake. One of the largest hotels I have stayed at, and very beautifully decorated. The queen beds were comfortable. The hotel elevators worked great--swipe your room key at the kiosk outside an elevator and it immediately showed you which one to take--and then quickly shot you up to your floor. Ours was Floor 22 & it only took seconds to get there. Breakfast was included each day with our stay on a AAA rate & was an unbelievable good value at only $98/night. Scott, the restaurant manager was super friendly and we enjoyed the attention he paid to all the restaurant customers. Also, two mornings Lora was our server and she was superb! The breakfast buffet normally sells for $21/pp & had about everything you could imagine to choose from. We enjoyed the omelet station each morning in addition to the wide selection of fruit and other items. We wouldn't hesitate to return. The only negatives were (1) wish the housekeepers would have left us clean drinking glasses each day. We had to use the same ones all three days. Also, (2) watch your final bill! Ours had a $28 error on it--some type of charge for the breakfast which was supposed to be included in the room rate. It was probably accidental, and the hotel staff quickly removed it when it was called to their attention--but still, just watch your bill and you'll be okay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank howler5

Dear howler5,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and your stay for the Arena Bowl! It sounds like you enjoyed everything from the upgrade to your experience at 8 Block Kitchen and Bar for breakfast! I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff and I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

There are plenty of positives, but a few negatives. We enjoyed the overall atmosphere. Once you learn the hotel layout, everything is easy and convenient. You could spend an entire weekend there and never leave the hotel. The two negatives that we experienced were housekeeping and the noise from the weekend jazz musician. I requested extra towels and left a note for housekeeping. Not only did we not get extras, we didn't get any. After a hot day outside a nice shower was all we wanted. I did call and they sent some up. There is a jazz musician that performs on the weekends and performs in the open atrium. All rooms surround the atrium so there was no escaping the music. I would return only if there was a good discount and the street car was complete. We spent quite a bit on taxis.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JComeaux

Dear JComeaux,

Thank you for your compliments! I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay! From Starbucks to our restaurants and pool you can definitely spend an entire weekend here! I hope you'll let us welcome you again in the future!

Best,

Reviewed 12 August 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Upon my arrival, the clerk made a bunch of recommendations of what to do in NOLA. They were all good recommendation and I wish I had time to do them all!

The room had a nice view into the city. We had two flat screen TVs, a nice cozy big bed, and a comfy couch. The overall experience was pretty good. However, there are three things that I would recommend improvement on: 1) my husband ran out of coffee, and it took several calls for the staff to finally bring more coffee and cups to the room. 2) While the bathrooms were nice, the clear shower doors are awkward... you literally see yourself showering. 3) The clear glass shower doors do not shut completely, so they leak. At the end of the shower the floor is very wet... not cool.

Nonetheless, it was a nice place and a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauliee_Dee

Dear Pauliee_Dee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay! I'm happy to read you found our staff to be friendly and helpful with recommendations on NOLA attractions! I do apologize for the aspects of your experience that did not meet your expectations. I hope that you'll give us the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

After seeing some of the reviews on here I became concerned about the hotel. This place was fantastic. Perhaps the earlier reviews were from when the hotel had just reopened and people were still learning the ropes but my fiance and I had a wonderful experience here. The staff was super and willing to answer any and all questions we had, the lobby and room are as beautiful and the hotel pool was adequate. You won't regret staying here.

Room Tip: Use priceline to book a room here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ryan B,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I hope you'll give us the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.