“Super Friendly”

Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Ranked #65 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans from a Thursday-Monday and had a very good experience with them. The hotel itself is quite grand and the desk personnel were welcoming and very helpful. We didn't spend much time at the hotel as we were out doing things from morning until night, but the hotel staff were there whenever we needed them to be. We had a choice of rooms from a "city view" or "pool view - with a balcony". I chose the pool view but whenever we would go out on the balcony there was noise coming from somewhere (plus it was unseasonably warm and humid there for October) and so I would have chosen differently had I known that. The room was spacious with a refrigerator and safe. Loved the 42" TV and the beds were very nice. We did not have time to use the pool, but since it was saltwater I wouldn't have used it anyway. I think they have a "spa tub" but I didn't see that (maybe it was in the health club). We didn't use the restaurants but they looked very clean and welcoming. One day they missed cleaning our room, but when I called (about 11:30 PM) they came up with towels/coffee/toiletries etc. and were very apologetic about any inconvenience. Since our plane left later in the afternoon they were also accommodating about an extended checkout time. Another really big plus is that the Loyola Streetcar stops less than a half block across the street and for $3 a day per person we rode all over on them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,181)

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed on business here for two days. It was pleasant and I had no major issues with the hotel itself. I did have a problem with one of the restaurants inside. The room was clean, staff that I interacted with was friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were excited to book our first family vacation to New Orleans on October 4. Unfortunately, hurricane/tropical storm Karen had different ideas. Because our home and New Orleans were in the path (and we were under a TS warning when our decision was made), we decided NOT to risk a vacation. After nearly an hour and both myself and my husband trying to contact the hotel, we finally were able to get our reservation canceled. We were assured that our $680 hotel charge would be refunded. Ten days later, I realized our refund had not been issued, so I tried yet again to resolve this. The woman who I spoke with was anything but friendly, but agreed to resubmit my request. She acted like I was being unreasonable and untruthful in my request. So, 10 days later, the $680 charge is still on my credit card, and we never got to experience our family vacation. Thanks for kicking us when we're down, New Orleans Hyatt!! We will absolutely reschedule our vacation, but our money will NOT be going to the Hyatt.

Good luck to anyone who has to cancel a trip due to mother nature.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FLTraveling
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We are from a town an hour north of New Orleans and we have season tickets for the Saints games. We often stay overnight at various hotels when the games are at night. The day we got the 2013 schedule, my husband called the Hyatt directly and booked us a room for Sep. 30 for Monday Night Football. This Hyatt is within walking distance from the Super Dome. The day of the game we were held up in traffic because of a wreck on the Ponchartrain Causeway. When we were finally allowed to cross, traffic was at a standstill. We arrived at the Hyatt at 5:45 and still needed to shower and change for the game. To our astonishment, we were turned away because the Hyatt had overbooked! We were told that they would compensate us with a room at the Ramada in Metairie -- way back at the Ponchartrain Causeway! A helicopter could not have gotten us to the Ramada, then back to the Super Dome, in time for the kickoff. My husband and I have traveled to countries all over the world as part of our job as publishers of a trade publication. In addition, for 14 years we have booked entire hotels for our own trade show and convention that we run. We have NEVER had to deal with such a shabby experience. To this day (Oct. 14) we are still working on getting our payment refunded!

Room Tip: I would say to prepay and prebook, but we did that!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KathyBlomquist
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights and the hotel was very busy. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I sat at the bar on the 3rd floor and watched baseball one night and the bartenders were nice also. The only problem we had was our room was not cleaned for the last night of our stay. Consequently we didn't have any clean towels or shampoo for the next morning. We called down to have that brought up and they only brought the towels and had to make a return trip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from our stay here. The hotel was full of college students as it was the weekend of the LSU/FL game. It took a while to check in but once to our room it was a very nice corner room overlooking the Super Dome. The bad thing with this room is that you can here everything outside such as cars and trains. Otherwise it was nice. We were just not as close to everything as we usually are when we travel to New Orleans.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

It's hard to say enough about the campus itself. Enormous. Several restaurants, very large fitness center, beautiful lobbies, spaces. Sadly, though we booked weeks in advance, when we arrived they were overbooked and we had to stay at a nearby Hilton they partnered with. The staff was very apologetic and the manager himself came out and apologized. He promised to pay for the night we were bumped and to put us in a large suite our final two nights. True to his word, when we returned the next day we were given the largest room I've ever stayed in. Staff was very helpful, at all levels, and eager to make up the mistake. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013