“Best Business Hotel in New Orleans”

Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Ranked #67 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Best Business Hotel in New Orleans”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

When staying at a hotel for a business conference, I always rate my stay based on amenities if I were stuck in the hotel, and convenience to walking to attractions. Wow what a great place. Walking distance to Superdome and Smoothie King arena. Great restaurants and bars within the hotel. I think I could eat, drink and hang in Vitascope everyday. Five minute cab ride to French Quarter for less than $10 with tip. The room was perfect in size, furnishings and amenities. Coolest elevators I have ever been on. Touch your keycard to the panel, the elevator directs you to the next available car assigned to you and direct to your floor. Great space for business conference.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great, but you may want to ask for a view. Mine was of a garage parking wall.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Inverurie
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Rambling hotel, 28 floors or so, possible to check in and out without ever talking to a live person, I guess that's modern efficiency. Rooms are well appointed with good quality toiletries. Choice of dining and drinking options available inside. Parking available in adjoining attached car park, good for safety.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

we got this room off of Hotwire, we requested a King, but were booked in a Queen room. since we were there for Jazzfest, hotel was sold out, concierge apologized and gave us free wifi access for the inconvenience (even though i think it was a Hotwire issue, not the hotel).

room was nice, clean, updated - fabulous view of the Superdome. we would stay there again for sure, it's a bit of a walk (20+ min) to French Quarter... but on the streetcar line.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brandi R
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family & I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency NOLA for an orthodontists convention, and I must say that I enjoyed my stay. The lobby and hotel in general is beautiful. The hotel is huge and it was easy to get a little turned around, but the staff was always there and extremely helpful. The rooms were a bit smaller than I would have liked, but they were comfortable. We ate at the hotel breakfast buffet and although I thought it was a tad bit expensive, when I realized my husband and I had 3 made to order omelets and more the price was actually fair. The star of my stay was my waiter at breakfast. I brought my 6 yo son since he was on spring break and Brant was able to suggest the aquarium, insectarium and zoo as possible places for my son to enjoy. We were able to take him to the zoo and aquarium and he absolutely loved them. On top of awesome suggestions Brant was attentive and whenever we left the table we would come back to a folded napkin (if too dirty, he brought us new ones) and refilled drinks. He even asked my advice on braces for his teeth, which, as a new orthodontist, made my day. The rest of staff was very friendly as well. The hotel was nice but I would return because of the staff.

• Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Lap of luxury...salt water pool. Great restaurants, comfy beds and rooms....super deal through Travelocity! One drawback is the long walk to rooms but speedy elevator system & mostly private rides. Really good shampoos & body washes . Breakfast buffet two prices was excellent with amazing choices. & great coffee.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is my first stay back with the HR NOLA since its "revitalization" after 2005 and hurricane Katrina. I had stayed there on two separate occassions up to that point. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. For a self-contained conference hotel, this is amazing. Large and plentiful space with nice signage all around. They still have the main spacious atrium hotel with a lot of life buzzing on the 3rd floor main lobby (restaurants/bars). Very nice and helpful staff throughout.
I don't remember the pool being so nice, but was pleasantly surprised when I went out there for some morning sun and air prior to heading to the festival grounds.
Our guestroom was a great size and close to elevators (No rooms are really that far from the 8 elevator banks) Wait time was what it was with the new smart-system that is implemented at the hotel now. With that many rooms, I know that the elevators are running a bit more efficiently than before... The Regency Club was truly a treat and adviseable to upgrade to. Staff up there was way too impressive... It is Hyatt staff, not Ritz or another 5-star hotel staff, right? Kudos to leadership for running one of the Hyatt large flagship hotels so well. Hope to see you all next year!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Regency Club floors for access to the top floor lounge. Really worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for Jazz Fest, really because it was the cheapest available (still not that cheap). I'd say the stay was ok.

My main gripe was that there was some disconnect with the functionality of the hotel. Here's why:
-The elevators: You have to take two escalators to get to the elevators. And just because the elevator you take goes to your room, doesn't mean it goes anywhere else that's useful (ie the gym). I was constantly taking the elevator to the third floor then getting on a different set of elevators and such. So time consuming when you wait for up to five minutes for an elevator.
-There is no signage of the hours of the restaurants. We were hoping to eat at the pool on the fifth floor but we had to go to the third floor bar to find out that the pool restaurant is only sporadically open, depending on the staff.
-After staying one of our four nights we noticed mold on the ceiling by the air conditioner. We spoke with the front desk before leaving for the day and she said they would inspect the situation while we were out. When we returned, a different front desk agent could not find any record of us reporting the mold. Luckily she was extremely helpful and moved us to a new room right away, while giving us some room service credit and free wifi (don't even get me started that you have to pay for wifi in the first place).
-We called housekeeping to get more towels (they only gave us three for four people) and to get more tea as it had not been refilled for the day. Instead of one person coming up giving us both the towels and the tea, we got one lady bringing towels, then another bringing more towels and tea and then another bringing tea. Obviously there is a huge disconnect in communication.
-Concierge: rather rude. I asked for directions to Jazz Fest using the streetcar and was told in a demeaning way that it was the most inefficient way to get to Jazz Fest. I was so thrown off by his demeanor that I took the map and walked away.
-Rooms are rather small. Might not matter to some but for four people in a room, there was almost no place to put your luggage without tripping over it.
-If you call any department at all, it will ring and ring and ring. Plan on waiting at least two minutes before someone answers.
-Room service is NOT 24 hours. I was shocked by this. I thought the whole point of room service was to be open any time. Totally put a damper on the day when we spent 20 minutes ordering through the flipping TV and then when doing the checkout realizing they were closed.
-The room had random bits of dirtiness. We found foreign hairs in the shower and brown spots on the towels. Otherwise very clean.
-Water pressure and plumbing could use some work. The water pressure was so low that we couldn't tell if we washed the shampoo out. The toilet had to have water put in it several times for it to be flushed.
-The day of checkout, housekeeping woke us up at 9am for no apparent reason. They just said "OH!" and walked away. We requested late checkout...

The good stuff (yes there's some):
-Food was yummy and had a big spread, even for me, the vegetarian
-Front desk agent Alexis was awesome and helpful
-The view of New Orleans was fun to look over
-There is a cab stand right out front
-Beds are comfortable
-If you're used to streetcars in NOLA, there is a stop right out front
-The decor of the hotel is modern and beautiful
-Beautiful outdoor pool
-Toiletries provided were good quality
-Gym was GORGEOUS. Better than most membership gyms. And it has an awesome view.
-Ice machine was on the floor

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends