“Amazing Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dayton, Ohio
“Amazing Hotel!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I loved this place. We stayed here one night before we left for our cruise and I was wishing we would of just stayed here instead of going on the cruise. Everyone was so nice! When I got there they welcomed me and asked if I wanted a upgrade and I did. It was a extra $30 for a corner suite so I said OK and I think it was totally worth it. We had a great view of the super dome.

You can park in a garage for $35 for 24 hours or you could valet for $40. We choose the valet which was fine until we went to get our car the next day. Thats the reason I choose 4 out of 5. We had to wait like a hour till we got our car and come to find out our car was already out front all along so it wasn't nessacary for us to wait, which kind of irritated me.

He bell hop who helped us bring our bags to the room was so so so so so nice and Im so upset that I forgot his name. He told us some great places to eat and how to get to the french quarter.

The hotel is beautiful and if you are there long enough I would recommend going to the outdoor pool one day. We didn't have time but I went and checked it out and there is a bar and some bungalows to sit under. Very nice!

The breakfast buffet was really nice but a little pricy so I would check the prices out before you sit down. Which we didn't and were a little shocked at the price. However, it was still good.

Its a big hotel so be prepared to walk a lot but the elevator system is different and it got you to your floor very fast.

Also, be prepared to walk a lot to the french quarter. Its about a 15 min walk or you could take the trolley but the trolley system is pretty slow.

Overall I was very impressed and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite! Even if it doesn't over look the main city you will still be very happy. Its...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michele K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is really nice - but it's really BIG! There were several conventions going on at the same time as we were there however, it is very organized. They also have balcony rooms which is a benefit for some. It was a little walk to the quarter but not too bad at all. It was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the West wing - it was very quiet. They also have the atrium rooms which are a little...
trail, BC
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were here for a convention and tacked on 3 days after to explore the area. the hotel is beautiful and location is great if you don't mind walking a bit. It is about 10-15 min walk to the French quarter so you could leave the craziness behind at the end of a night!! We could easily get a cab and the concierge was very helpful on suggesting places to go. There is Starbucks for a quick coffee and snack.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mexicanbound5
Quitman, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

There is nothing spectacular about this hotel. Our toilet ran all night, our room never cooled off-and the air was LOUD! Bathroom super small. I really don't think a larger person could turn around in there. The refrigerator never got cold either. Staff was friendly, and location was pretty close to everything.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Indiana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Hotel staff was incredibly accommodating in ensuring we had a crib and adjoining rooms. Ordered from the pizza place and they delivered decent and cheap pizza quickly. The in house restaurants are pricey but good. The sports bar had some great happy hour specials. The only negatives were that the pool bar was not always open and that getting out of the hotel can take some effort, especially when lugging around kids. Overall, a very positive experience in a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel for a business training. The hotel is huge. I can understand from previous posts how the elevator system might seem confusing but they do instruct you when you check in and during check in times they have people by the elevators to assist you. They even have a screen showing you what to do.
Pros: beautiful hotel. the front desk was very helpful and allowed us to check in early (11am) when the room was available with no extra charge and would hold our bags if needed. we had a problem with the reservation, but not sure if that was our company's fault or the hotel. HOwever the worked hard to get it resolved. Beds were comfortable and in the standard rooms they provided body wash, soaps, lotion, shampoo/conditioner and toothpaste.
Cons: located in the business district it provided limited restaurant opportunities for dinner. Those that we found closed at night and we didn't want to take the street car to find them. if you have a car, it might not be the problem. the hotel offers some food options but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for food. Even their 24 hour sundry/gift shop charged me $3 for a diet coke. The ice maker was broken on my floor and they have signs that say vending machine, but don't have any. So to feed my caffeine addition (don't drink coffee), I had to take the elevator to the 2nd floor for my fix. Good places to eat that we found nearby: Walk ons and Mothers.

Green Features: They don't ask if I want to conserve on the wash by saving my towels.
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just returned from a meeting of 3 nights. Great location away from French Quarter, but walkable. Very modern and the service was great. Staff were all friendly and helpful. The gym is very nice with great views and the club level access is a bonus; good breakfast choices as well as afternoon drinks. As others mentioned, the elevators are futuristic, but very effective. With all the people that were there, we never had to wait very long. Would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with view of river or city and not of the pool area.