4,974 results
All reviews super dome vitascope hall room elevators french quarter smoothie king center mercedes benz superdome huge hotel convention hotel room key saints game beautiful hotel hurricane katrina attending a conference restaurants and bars corner room fitness center bourbon street
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Been traveling to the Hyatt NO for many years. Renovations make this a state of the art property - very inviting and very convenient.

Checked in and front desk staff was beyond helpful. Was a bit late but they have us the line on food options in the hotel and offered to help make any arrangements. all in all, great check in experience.

Went to the lobby bar restaurant and had some great gumbo and wine. really a great setting. if you are a sports fan, several sections with private TVs. one of the best places to watch an event I have seen.

We will take a very large group back next year. service was great, one of the best Hyatt properties I have stayed at.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt for one night prior to our Carnival Cruise. This is a very beautiful hotel with very nice amenities. Very modern hotel with good security within walking distance to the Superdome and a slightly longer walk to the French Quarter. One of the nicer hotels we have stayed in. Skip the Valet parking which is $40 a night and park in the garage for $25 a night. Restaurants are high priced but very good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HyattRegencyNola, Director of Guest Satisfaction at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency New Orleans as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to New Orleans.

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I am so glad you chose to stay with us prior to your cruise.

With the hospitality industry so competitive in New Orleans, reviewed websites such as Trip Advisor are extremely important to us. For this reason, and with my sincerest gratitude, thank you for choosing Hyatt. We look forward to you returning during your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

As everyone says, this hotel is massive. Almost like a mini city. It is right next to the Superdome, and you can see it on your ride up to your room on the elevator. Definitely a stunning view. The hotel itself is very nice, very clean and has some cool techy points in the room and with the elevators. There are several restaurants/bars, a Starbucks, and 24 hour gift shop/market located on site. Breakfast is in the 8 Block restaurant will cost you some money but it was delicious. The gym on the top floor overlooks the Superdome and is probably one of the best hotel gyms I've been in. There was a massive convention going on at the Superdome so it was a bit chaotic at times. As far as parking there is a garage that connects to the hotel on the 2nd floor or you can valet your car. No need to drive around though as there is a streetcar stop about a 30 second walk in front of the hotel. Would definitely love to stay here again

Room tip: The 3rd floor where the restaurants and bars are can get a bit noisy/chaotic, especially with conventions going on. Ask for a high floor (we are on 26) and you won't hear a thing. Plus, you'll get a great view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bucs0535

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the view of the Superdome along with our fitness center and breakfast at 8 block.

With the hospitality industry so competitive in New Orleans, reviewed websites such as Trip Advisor are extremely important to us. For this reason, and with my sincerest gratitude, thank you for choosing Hyatt. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Odd elevator system. Nice hotel. Breakfast/brunch was delicious!! Stayed here for a wedding during Mardi Gras to avoid the parade traffic-which ended up being great. Short walk to the main downtown area. Valet service was terrible. So expensive to stay during Mardi Gras time, but was in town for the wedding after all.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for a single night on a Priceline bid. This is the biggest hotel in New Orleans and something like the 140th biggest in the world according to Wikipedia. Check in was fine even though a massive 30,000 person convention was checking in at the same time. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk a long way to get from the front desk to the elevators that would take you to your room and no one asked to help me with my bags. The TV was on when I walked in the room and it displayed my name. That was pretty cool. Comfy bed, a neat view of the city and several restaurants to choose from. Felt like a giant Vegas hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo