“very nice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mamou, Louisiana
“very nice”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have stayed here on several occasions. Adjoins the Superdome. Have always been pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the location. Staff was helpful. Shopping close by. Fine eating establishments close by. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
pascagoula,ms
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 4 days for a convention. They hotel is very big so if you have mobility problems arrange for a chair or assistance! The hotel was packed yet, check in was smooth.. The reason I said this hotel was not for young families is the room it is very oddly arranged, with a TINY closet so you cannot put your suitcases out if the way or hang many clothes...there is no microwave so if your little one wants a small snack you can't heat anything up, now I'm a nursing mom and I had brought several bags of milk because the convention was all day, plus you bring your own lunch daily, well the refrigerator is SMALL!!! I could not store my milk and water and close the door... Everything in this hotel was very expensive and not really designed for families it's more for a business man staying a night or for seeing an event or game one night... I have different reviews for the restaurants on premises... So if your staying here for one night or your single or a couple w/o children this hotel is fine... But with small children and staying longer keep looking... This hotel is not for you!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank trvbugz
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights in April. The place was very busy! It was a little confusing getting to our room because the only way to get to the elevator was to go up 2 escalators and then walk through a maze of bars and restaurants. The rooms was beautifully appointed. Very comfortable and clean. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very roomy with no visible mold.
The location is not bad. Since you're not too close to Bourbon St., there isn't noise keeping you up at night (something to consider when visiting New Orleans). However, be prepared to walk about 20 minutes before getting to the center of town where all the action is.
All in all we had a very good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natushx1
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is massive and modern, a real convention center type of hotel. It is close enough to the French Quarter to walk and a short cab ride from the Garden District/Magazine Street. I got this hotel on Hotwire and I was pleased. The room and facilities was nice. I chose to self park in the garage connected to the hotel, which was cheaper than valet and convenient. The service was excellent. When I entered my room it was warm and I tried changing the thermostat, but it did not work. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes they had someone to fix it. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for a business conference that was in the Hotel in May of 2014. Upon entering the hotel you see a very new check in desk and self serve check in kiosks. The lobby was very nice and large. The people working the desk were very helpful and friendly. After check in it is a trek to the elevators, which are up a level and then you need to walk by the restaurants and bars in the hotel to get the to main elevator bays. The elevators are also high tech, you swipe your room key and it then tells you which elevator to take to your floor. Some of the reviews claimed that the elevators were slow or could not keep up with the amount of people, however I did not find that as the case. I was there for a convention with lots of people and there was no problems with the elevators or speed. The only strange thing was that you did not need to push a button once you entered the elevator. I was up on the 12th floor and my view out the windows was of the Superdome, it was a great view. The room I stayed in had 2 queen beds with a desk, it was actually very large for a standard room. The bathroom was also large. Everything was new and very clean. The housekeeping staff refreshed my towels and toiletries everyday and the bed made without question. The wireless Internet service worked great and the speed was not a problem. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. The only complaint about this hotel was that our convention was in the hotel and the layout was a bit confusing. I was always getting lost or taking the wrong hallway to get to the meeting rooms, however at the end of the week I was getting the hang of where things were at. The good news is that there were plenty of staff to help direct you to the right spot. I would recommend this hotel and hope to return someday for either business or fun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a nice place. From the self check-in to all the interactions we had with the concierge and other hotel staff, staying at the Hyatt Regency was a great experience. The outdoor pool was quite large and appealing at a distance from our room. We did spend some time poolside, too.

The fitness center offered a fantastic view of NOLA, and offered many machines (especially treadmills). It was well kept, and was on the same floor as the exclusive restaurant with an equally amazing view (we aren't club members so we didn't get to go inside, but that's alright...still plenty to see and enjoy).

A few guests had trouble with the elevators that took you on a custom trip to your floor...which seemed a little sad since those guests were also wearing badges that identified them as being a part of an educationally based conference hosted at the hotel...but that's okay. :)

It's also in a great location - $33 to the airport, $8 plus tip to the French Quarter, and really the French Quarter is a mile away so it's a reasonable walking distance.

Stay here, eat at Borgne, enjoy 8 Block, Starbucks and work out with a great view!

Room Tip: Stay up high (level 20 and above) to see even more!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah B
HyattRegencyNola, Director of Guest Satisfaction at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency New Orleans as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to New Orleans.

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I am so glad you enjoyed our facilities such as the fitness center and pool and our restaurants. However, I am most thrilled to hear that you had such wonderful interactions with all of our staff. We pride ourselves on amazing service and extending authentic hospitality to all of our guests.

With the hospitality industry so competitive in New Orleans, reviewed websites such as Trip Advisor are extremely important to us. For this reason, and with my sincerest gratitude, thank you for choosing Hyatt. We look forward to you returning to stay with us the next time you visit New Orleans.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Been traveling to the Hyatt NO for many years. Renovations make this a state of the art property - very inviting and very convenient.

Checked in and front desk staff was beyond helpful. Was a bit late but they have us the line on food options in the hotel and offered to help make any arrangements. all in all, great check in experience.

Went to the lobby bar restaurant and had some great gumbo and wine. really a great setting. if you are a sports fan, several sections with private TVs. one of the best places to watch an event I have seen.

We will take a very large group back next year. service was great, one of the best Hyatt properties I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business