“Very Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,678 helpful votes
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

During the first five days of August my wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. We had a double queen club room on the 27th floor; the room was large but the bathroom was fairly small. As part of this package, we had access to the Regency Club on the 32nd floor. The regency Club serves a continental breakfast commencing at 5:30 AM on weekdays and 7:00 AM on weekends. In addition, in the evening food is served. The Club offers free bottled water and soft drinks and alcoholic beverages may be purchased. The food is exceptional in the Club. We found the front desk personnel and the concierge to be extremely helpful. On a downside, the hotel is not within comfortable walking distance to many of the great restaurants in the French Quarter. While our stay at this hotel was pleasant, we would likely stay at a hotel closer to the French Quarter should we visit New Orleans again.

Room Tip: Get a room with access to the Regency Club; it is worth the extra price.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
HyattRegencyNola, Director of Guest Satisfaction at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your feedback is very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service from our staff especially our Concierge and Front Desk. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your daily experience in our Regency Club. Not only does it offer amazing food options but the views it provide are some of the best in New Orleans.

However, I am disappointed that you would choose to stay at another hotel closer to the French Quarter. We are in a very prime downtown location with easy access to many local attractions and less than a mile away from the French Quarter which is accessible by the Loyola Streetcar across the street from the hotel. There may be several hotels that are closer to the French Quarter but none that provide the amenities, such as the Regency Club, and the excellent service that we pride ourselves on providing to all of our guests.

I truly hope that you will reconsider staying at the Hyatt Regency again when returning to New Orleans.

Mysheka Battiste

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gilbertown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stay, for any event or vacation. We stayed here to attend the IRS Tax Forum, the hotel offers several choices for food and beverages, including the 24 hours Lagniappe Exchange store offers, essentials, every type of beverage known, fresh pastries. and a wonderful selection of souvenirs. If you need help with directions, what to do, where to go, etc... the Staff is excellent and friendly.

Room Tip: No issues, all rooms are great! Some overlook the super-dome others overlook New Orleans.
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency New Orleans as your hotel of choice during your recent visit during the IRS forum.
Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and the different outlets that we offer throughout our property especially Lagniappe Exchange our marketplace and gift shop.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to New Orleans.

Director of Guest Satisfaction
White Plains, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We lucked up on this gem because a booking site oversold our original hotel and boy are glad that they did.
This place is IMMACULATE, the security is top-notch and the staff was friendly and thorough. We were only staying one night so we were not able to eat but the Hyatt was beautiful, clean, spacious and current.
Close to the French Quarter (maybe 10 minute stroll) and great to good eats! This is where I'm staying whenever we go back for a few days.

Room Tip: It just doesn't matter - they're all good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding the conditon of our hotel and our top-notch security and customer service . Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans.

Mysheka
Decatur, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This should be a 5 rating, but a few things hold it back.
First, the layout means you either have to go up two escalators or take an elevator to the level where the elevators to the rooms are - not the most convenient.
Second, lack of attention to details.
On all but one of my stays, the current time on the clock-radio in the room was incorrect, and not by just a few minutes. Resetting it is a pain and it is not a critical thing to most folks, but that should not happen on a property of this quality.
On another stay, the tub/shower button was stuck in the shower position, which means that you had to point the shower head at the wall while you were regulating the temp. Obviously whoever cleaned the room knew it, because it was pointed that way when I started.
And, they really need more than two people at the front desk, even when I check in around 8pm, as others are always checking in at the same time.

Room Tip: The North Tower rooms are easier to get to (no high-tech automated elevator and shorter walk) and be...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Based on reviews we chose this hotel and would definitely return again for the experience and exceptional service. Upon arrival, they provided us with a room upgrade option along with breakfast and happy hour option which we took and was well worth it. Our bathroom tub was clogged and they came immediately to correct the issue. The elevators are by far the coolest using the key cards to go to different floors. Parking was a bit pricey and it's a nice walk from Bourbon Street but several buses drop you in front if hotel. I would caution you against driving in this area because we saw a lot of cars being towed. Would definitely stay again for the beautiful skyline view and staff were just amazing.

Stayed April 2014
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Modern and clean, but worst layout ever: check in to one corner of a city block, the room elevators are a block away at the farthest corner, AND four stories -- two escalators -- up! Rooms are in a sort of cylindrical tower; those on the inner side overlook the building's a/c, whose huge, always running sound is amplified by the tower's curvature. Also, it's located near only the Superdome and Tulane Medical Center; your legs will get a workout both inside and outside the building.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room overlooking the inner core unless you're deaf and don't care about a view.
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Starkville, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The experiences were so awful that I almost did not sleep the whole night because of the three motors behind the hotel.

I bid the hotel on priceline though I still paid a good price. When I arrived there, I had to wait for 20 minutes for my room thought the guest next to me got his room just the moment. They said I could head for my trip and get the keys when I came back. However, when I came back in the evening, I realized they assigned two rooms facing the swimming pool and also three motors on the top of the building just facing my room, making big noise more than 50 decibels for sure! I believe they did it on purpose because I paid a relatively low price than other guests. They know the problem and they are still selling those rooms, which I realized by the calling to customer service. When I asked them to shift a room for me, they said they were full and all they could offer was just earplugs, otherwise, I could buy some sleeping pills! Those words are from a four-star hotel, which enhances my idea that Hyatt is the worst among those high-scale hotel. I kept awake all the night and I promise I will never live in a Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Never choose the one facing the swimming pool!
Green Features: I have no idea on this part. May skip this part? I only spent a night there and did not in the mood to know that part.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Sodaorchid
HyattRegencyNola, Director of Guest Satisfaction at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay.
Your input and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

I would like to first apologize to you regarding the opportunities you encountered. We pride ourselves on extending superior customer service and authentic hospitality. I am disappointed to hear that you had to wait 20 minutes for your room and you were not happy with the rooms that were assigned to you and the service you received when you asked to change to another room. I want to assure you that the room you were assigned was not based on the rate that you paid. Also, thanks to feedback like yours, we are currently working on upgrading all of our HVAC units to create a better experience for all of our guests.

Again thank you for taking your time to write a review. At your convenience, I would like to speak to you in more detail regarding your stay. I can be reached directly at 504-613-3943

Director of Guest Satisfaction