“Love this idea”

Ranked #1 of 228 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present the only name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. Learn much more than just Bourbon Street on our French Quarter Tour, about the well-heeled and their mansions on our Garden District Tour. Learn about New Orleans peculiar burial grounds on our St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour. Foodies will love our food tours and everyone will get spooked on our New Orleans ghost tours. We now also offer bike tours and soon photography and bus tours. You decide what a tour was worth after the tour is finished. Pay-what-you-like tours are great tours for every budget.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will definitely to another free foot tour again. It's a great idea. Our guide Natalie was amazing and very knowledgeable. She made sure to try to keep us in the shade when telling use the stories which was greatly appreciated. She was sure to provide little tips and point out other attractions we should check out. Would highly recommend for your first day in the french quarter to figure out what to do next.

2  Thank J H

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say about James? Very funny and knowledgable man, full of facts and history and ready to answer questions and give you his time.

He made this tour lots of fun and told the stories in a fantastic way, much on the edge of your seat stuff! I don't believe any of the afterlife details but was still a great tour to do.

We also did the history tour with Melissa which was good and the garden district/cemetery tour with James again, which was great!

I've taken quite a few of these free tours now and James ranks up there as very good - if not the best. He is very engaging and draws you in with his words. We also did the garden district/cemetery tour which was just as good. Worth it.

2  Thank Belle-Noel
Reviewed 11 June 2014

You cannot go wrong with these guys! I've taken two of their tours and I can't wait for my next. My tour of the Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery #1 today was one of the best tours I've had anywhere - thank you Sarah! The stories of the cemetery and all the sumptuous homes that surround it were so interesting, and it's so evident that our guide does this out of the love of her city, and the love of sharing it with others. That kind of enthusiasm cannot be manufactured!

All in all, I would wholeheartedly recommend this tour and all the Free Tours By Foot. You can pay what you wish - even nothing at all - I figured I would pay $20, but I ended up paying $30 because I had such an amazing time.

2  Thank gunnermel
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We did two tours with this company, the St Louis Cemetery and a Ghost Tour. James was our tour guide for both and he did an awesome job. He was a very engaging speaker, with a great mix of history, legends, personal stories and opinion. He provided great advice too on what to see in the city. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My family with 2 young boys went on the ghost tour with James. It was an amazing tour! It was the highlight of our trip. James is a wonderful guide and extremely knowledgeable about the city and hauntings. I wish we could have taken more tours with James. He was great with our boys!