Loft 523 New Orleans
US$325
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Priceline
US$259
US$432
US$400
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Pool
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$176
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$359
US$346
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$359
US$290
  • Pool
All reviewsinternational housesister hotelcopper doorboutique hotelfrench quartermodern roomswarehouse districtwater pressurelarge roomhotel roomthird floorsmall hotelsmall refrigeratorquiet streetbathroom floorfront desk staffbourbon street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Loft 523 is a unique and stylish hotel that I will recommend to all my friends and family. I found this through a search for hotels in New Orleans and my search now ends at Loft 523. I was very impressed with my stay. The staff was beyond friendly and very professional. My room was very clean and I felt right at home. The beds are comfy and the spoon tub is to die for.
Blocks away from local bars, eateries, and main attractions.
I will only stay when I visit NOLA. The lounge next door was very nice also..

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Love Love Love this swanky little hotel. The room was amazing and the showers, to die for. The location was so great we did not move the car until it was time to leave. The staff was so nice and informative, thanks for suggestion of the Ruby Slipper for breakfast, so good. We will surely be back and we will recommend you to all our friends.

Room Tip: Be sure to not over sleep, bed so comfortable.
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Nice place to stay, but definatley need ear muffs if you are not nightclubing, very handy and near the French Quarter

Reviewed 7 August 2011

This property is owned by the International House and is right around the corner on Gravier. It looks like a condo/loft building from the outside and is very quiet and low-key. You get access to the International House gym. Very modern and clean and felt like it was our own loft apartment. Love it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

If you like sleek, small boutique hotels, ones that go against the grain of the large mega-hotels that you find in many cities, there's a lot to like about Loft 523.

The first is it's location. Only two blocks from the French Quarter, the location couldn't have been more perfect for us. We were close to the action, but not in the thick of it, which is exactly what we wanted. We were also within walking distance of some great restaurants, including Herbsaint on St. Charles, which I highly recommend, and we were able to walk from the Garden District back to the hotel one afternoon. Again, the location was a big plus for us.

The second is the size and look of the rooms. We had the deluxe room, which had huge windows and a high ceiling, concrete floors and a really nice, lofty feeling that we loved. Our bed was super comfy and the music system was very cool (bring an IPOD, if you have one). And our shower, with dual shower heads, was massive.

The third aspect, which is always a big plus, was cleanliness. Our room was spotless and housekeeping did a great job everyday.

The downside - and for me this is a big one - was noise.

Like many other reviewers noted, there is a club on the ground floor of the hotel, right off the lobby that's open several days a week, including weekends. Our room was on the fourth floor, but we could still hear the music and feel the thump of the bass into the wee hours of the morning. We could also hear noise from those who had stepped outside to smoke.

Luckily, I had read reviews that mentioned the noise issue before heading to NOLA, so I brought ear plugs with me; and I'm glad I did. I used them two out of the three nights we were there. But, honestly, who wants to put in ear plugs when you're paying $130+ a night for a room? It was manageable, but certainly not ideal. And given just how small the hotel is (18 rooms) the music and noise has no place to go but up to the rooms, which is too bad.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple