“NOLA Hotels Got Nuthin' on Loft 523!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Miami, Florida
“NOLA Hotels Got Nuthin' on Loft 523!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I'm hesitant to write this review for fear of blowing the cover of this inconspicuous, wonderfully-stylish, gem of a boutique hotel.

Simply put, for the price you won't find a better stay in all of NOLA... end of story. Visit their site and study the pics featuring clean lines, 21st century hipster sense of interior decorating, giant tubs, unfinished concrete floors, high ceilings and most importantly --elbow room!-- this is EXACTLY what you get folks. It's a hotel room that manages to feel like home the minute you walk in the door. Imminently stylish yet utterly simple and cozy. My girlfriend and I stayed there for three nights in January 2012 and enjoyed every minute...I knew the minute I put the key in the door, that I'd picked the right place for our NOLA adventure-- that's the best feeling in the world when you've just exited a plane and traveled a thousand miles to get there. There's absolutely no question where we are staying the next time we visit New Orleans.

A week prior to our arrival, I had reservations at another well-known hotel in the French Quarter. On a whim I called the Loft 523 desk and spoke with Justin about accommodations and things to do in the city. What I received was an utterly authentic, patient and warm breakdown of the unique Loft 523 accommodations as well as local restaurant, music and art recommendations. I canceled my other reservations and booked with the Loft right on the spot.

Later in the week, prior to our arrival I had the opportunity to speak with Stephanie and Justin at length about excursions and dining specifics-- they were both incredibly knowledgeable and generous with their time and sharing their personal experiences. Since I hadn't been in the French Quarter in over 25 years, I can't overstate how helpful and welcoming this was.

Because of Stephanie and Justin, my girlfriend and I got to experience some much needed R&R, dining at amazing places like Bayona and Muriel's as well as going to some wonderful historic sites. Justin recommended an out-of-the way music venue (the Marigny Opera House) to me on our first night there-- it was probably the highlight of our trip and one of the most romantic, haunting and uniquely New Orleans experiences we had! Unforgettable man!

THANK YOU BOTH!

(and to Loft management-- these two are the type of team members/staff that bring immeasurable value to your business and will help make Loft 523 one of the most sought-out boutique hotels in NOLA)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregory69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our new favorite hotel in NOLA. My wife couldn't stop raving about the bath tub, concrete floors and tall ceilings. Great location, decor, and staff. Use of the International House's gym (across the street) was a bonus. We had the best breakfast in years at the restaurant on the corner (Dress It). We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C R
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel in New Orleans' bushiness district is amazing on all accounts. We had a wonderful stay in late December 2011; friendly 24-hour staff, great rooms, tasteful furniture, good air control (important in New Orleans!), and a fair price. There is a club/bar which on the first floor with odd hours of music and dancing, but, according to the hotel staff, that club will close soon. It would be wonderful if the hotel then opens its own bar (with decent hours) for its guests!

Room Tip: If the club still operates, request rooms on floor 3 or up.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Chirpster93
Ft. Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

The rooms at Loft 523 are more like your own studio apartment away from home. The high ceilings, concrete floors, spacious living area, and great walk-in shower in the rooms at this boutique hotel are unique to any other hotel where we've stayed. The location is great, and the Loa Bar at the International House is not to be missed!

Room Tip: The second floor gets noisy late at night.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dan s
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is by far our favorite hotel in New Orleans. It's very modern and clean design isn't what you would expect from a New Orleans hotel, but it is very well done. The bathtubs are in a teardrop or egg shape and are terrific. The rooms are large - very large - and everything is quality. It's run by the same company that owns the International House, though I like the Loft better. It's in a great location just outside of the french quarter. Parking is the only real pain. There are a few parking garages and lots nearby, a block away, but nothing with the hotel.

I greatly recommend it. It's a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Our daughter and son-in-law booked us a room with Loft 523 for our 25th wedding anniversary. The rooms are truly unique and very comfortable. The spoon tubs are fantastic. They offer in-room spa services and are truly an upscale hotel. The rooms are very spacious. The hotel is within walking distance to everything. We have never stayed in a boutique hotel but I can say that we really enjoyed the experience.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was right above the bar and we could hear the music until 5 am. But according...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have stayed in many great hotels thanks to the reviews on TA, so it's time for me to share as well. My husband and I stayed at Loft 523, what a great place! I don't know how many rooms they actually have, but it's not many. This is truly a boutique hotel. We were on the top floor (which has a wrap around balcony that you share with another room). The bed was super comfortable & the spoon tub was heavenly!! We parked our car Fri afternoon & didn't get back in until Sunday, everything was within walking distance. Without a doubt we will stay again & again & again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple