“A refreshingly modern alternative.”

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #121 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Perfect location for celebrating our Anniversary - right between the French Quarter and the artsy Warehouse District. Loved the large rooms with high ceilings and modern furnishings + white linens and down pillows on the bed. The bathroom is also very spacious and has a lovely Italian soaking tub. My only complaint is with the dim lighting in the bathroom (obviously designed by a man)...I could barely get my makeup on! The gals working the front desk were very helpful and knowledgeable, especially Stephanie, who is a fount of information on every aspect of New Orleans, particularly the restaurant scene. All in all, a great experience...we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MMann22

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Great amenities, big ceilings, great and welcoming staff. Comforable beds, relatively quiet, and nice interent wif-fi availablility.

Room Tip: even the rooms near the elevator are quite
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed in one of the suites. The rooms are very large and modern. It could be a little too minimalist for some people's taste. The location is perfect only a few blocks from the French Quarter. I enjoyed the soaking tub in the bathroom. The shower was annoying is the water spreads out onto the bathroom floor. Love the austere feeling of the rooms. A nice alternative to all the high priced hotel chain hotels. Stayed in the W French Quarter last time and this is a much nicer and newer property.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward T
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Given the smell of moldy old towels, particularly around the elevator shaft, and the way my allergies would flair just with the couple of minutes in the hall, this place might have a mold problem. No issue in the rooms at least. Hate to post this, as I like the place, but if you've got a bad mold allergy, like I do, beware.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We just stayed at the Loft523 hotel and had an excellent time. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. A shout out to Jeremy and Alexandra. Thank you both for all of help and service. The hotel room was modern and very comfortable. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I'm hesitant to write this review for fear of blowing the cover of this inconspicuous, wonderfully-stylish, gem of a boutique hotel.

Simply put, for the price you won't find a better stay in all of NOLA... end of story. Visit their site and study the pics featuring clean lines, 21st century hipster sense of interior decorating, giant tubs, unfinished concrete floors, high ceilings and most importantly --elbow room!-- this is EXACTLY what you get folks. It's a hotel room that manages to feel like home the minute you walk in the door. Imminently stylish yet utterly simple and cozy. My girlfriend and I stayed there for three nights in January 2012 and enjoyed every minute...I knew the minute I put the key in the door, that I'd picked the right place for our NOLA adventure-- that's the best feeling in the world when you've just exited a plane and traveled a thousand miles to get there. There's absolutely no question where we are staying the next time we visit New Orleans.

A week prior to our arrival, I had reservations at another well-known hotel in the French Quarter. On a whim I called the Loft 523 desk and spoke with Justin about accommodations and things to do in the city. What I received was an utterly authentic, patient and warm breakdown of the unique Loft 523 accommodations as well as local restaurant, music and art recommendations. I canceled my other reservations and booked with the Loft right on the spot.

Later in the week, prior to our arrival I had the opportunity to speak with Stephanie and Justin at length about excursions and dining specifics-- they were both incredibly knowledgeable and generous with their time and sharing their personal experiences. Since I hadn't been in the French Quarter in over 25 years, I can't overstate how helpful and welcoming this was.

Because of Stephanie and Justin, my girlfriend and I got to experience some much needed R&R, dining at amazing places like Bayona and Muriel's as well as going to some wonderful historic sites. Justin recommended an out-of-the way music venue (the Marigny Opera House) to me on our first night there-- it was probably the highlight of our trip and one of the most romantic, haunting and uniquely New Orleans experiences we had! Unforgettable man!

THANK YOU BOTH!

(and to Loft management-- these two are the type of team members/staff that bring immeasurable value to your business and will help make Loft 523 one of the most sought-out boutique hotels in NOLA)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory69
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our new favorite hotel in NOLA. My wife couldn't stop raving about the bath tub, concrete floors and tall ceilings. Great location, decor, and staff. Use of the International House's gym (across the street) was a bonus. We had the best breakfast in years at the restaurant on the corner (Dress It). We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple