Loft 523 New Orleans
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni Royal Crescent Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Pelham(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsinternational housesister hotelcopper doorboutique hotelfrench quartermodern roomswarehouse districtwater pressurelarge roomhotel roomthird floorsmall hotelsmall refrigeratorquiet streetbathroom floorfront desk staffbourbon street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

The location is good. The hotel itself is nice, has a cool vibe. The staff is a bit snooty and awkward. They're not very good at making you feel welcome here, or at the International House. But my BIGGEST complaint is the $60.00 hidden charges, that you are NOT made aware of until after you check in and they swipe your card! And don't plan on getting that money back until after you check out.(try like a week later) I also was charged $200.00 dollars on a bogus smoking accusation. And nobody would/could help me aside from the general manager who wasn't even available until the day we checked out. She wouldn't even confront us in person she had her front desk staff give me a reciept stating that the charge had been refunded. And then an hour later as I'm sitting in the lobby of her hotel, she calls my cell phone to let me know. The place is a joke and a rip off!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank kellyrenee0524
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've had some real disappointments in NOLA hotels -- but was very happy with Loft 523. It's a small little modern boutique hotel. They do have room service and a bar one block over at a sister property, so it's almost like you're staying in a little apartment building. Front desk staff were all very friendly and provided concierge type services. The space was excellent. Minimal, comfortable, high ceilings, big windows, comfy bed - sofa, huge bathroom with double-headed shower. I would def stay here again. Location was also great - CBD, a couple blocks from the quarter, close access to streetcars into garden district. This place is modern -- not for those looking for antebellum New Orleans

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AGMathis
Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you're looking for a quiet, yet close to the French Quarter, hotel this is the place for you! The rooms are very clean and modern and the staff is friendly and helpful. This hotel doesn't have any fancy amenities, no pool, no downstairs bar, but no fuss! Room Service is available from the neighboring International House. The French Quarter/Bourbon is an easy walking distance and the only noise you will hear at night are few and far between people walking on the street below. They also lock the doors at night with room key only front door access so it's very private. My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights for the Crescent City Classic. My only complaint would be the bathroom and bedroom has very low lighting. It was a little difficult to put on makeup but otherwise this hotel was great!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emihole
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at Loft 523 for 5 nights during the Final Four. Overall, we had a great experience with the staff- most were very attentive and went out of the way to help us during our time there. The rooms were very sleek, modern, and sexy. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shormk2
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at Loft 523 two weeks ago. We loved it. Not only is it cool but it is in a great location. Just a block from Canal and the French Quarter but QUIET so you can get some rest after all the fun.

The hotel is really a loft space. I've lived in lofts before and wish mine were as nice. It is VERY CLEAN and WELL MAINTAINED. The loft was HUGE as well at 600 square feet. The bathroom was spotless, large and the double shower was perfect. You won't find in any other room in NOLA that large without paying suite prices. Speaking of price...it's a bargain for what you get.

The staff was very helpful and accomodating as we had weird arrival and departure hours. They made several restaurant recommendations including Jon Besh's Luke which is two blocks away as well as Felix's for the best oysters in town (three blocks away).

We have found our new favorite place to stay in New Orleans and we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple