“Well worth the price!”

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #121 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 25 July 2012

It is very unfortunate that such a great hotel is so hard to find; the name on the building would have helped tremendously. Parking near the hotel was painless and cost efficient. Check in was quick and easy; I was even upgraded without having to ask!! My immediate reaction of the room was... Beautiful & Spacious. The bathroom was also pretty spacious. The tub was a little dirty, but with a quick wip off it was ready to use. The shower could have benefited from a door and lower shower heads (whoever installed the shower heads must have set them for seven foot tall people). But, overall the room was amazing! The windows and the iPhone were also a great touch!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a real sleek property. It is contemporary, functional, and relaxing. We stayed for only one night, a quick trip into and out of NewOrleans and this was the perfect choice. The loft has only 17 rooms which make is more intimate. Easy access to the CBD and the French Quarter. The staff was very helpful and informed. We will return to this facility next trip. Thanks for a great stay.
Michael W
c

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike w
Reviewed 22 June 2012

If you are into hip, cool, ultra modern, Then the loft 523 is the place to be. From the minute We walked in the door we felt like great friends. From the friendly receptionist to informative bellman, Additionally, the room was spacious, nice and hip. Located on a quiet street just minutes from the French Quarter, everything you want to see is within walking distance, but at night you're able to escape the insanity. We are anxious for our next trip to New Orleans and look forward to another great stay at Loft 523.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PatW981
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed for a conference nearby. It was an easy two-minute walk to the Sheraton and Marriott, where the conference (like many) was held. The very minimalist design will not appeal to Aunt Maude or others who think there should be at least three different wallpaper patterns in the room, but it suited me wonderfully, with very comfortable furniture and a far more spacious room than my colleagues who refused to leave the conference hotels. The staff was quite helpful across the board, none more so than Stephanie at the front desk who was always ready with suggestions for places beyond Bourbon Street.

Downsides: The rooms facing the street can get noisy at night, so if you really have to get your sleep or you're a get-off-my-lawn-you-pesky-kids type you should at least ask for a different room. Probably one in a different city. Also, if you are looking for amenities, have your handy manservant drive you around the corner to something more corporate. And there is no bar, but if you can't find one in NOLA, you should probably just stick to the tour bus.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed 14 June 2012

As an avid traveler, I often find myself trapped in run of the mill hotels, but not at Loft 523. From the minute I walked in the door I felt like I was with old friends. From the friendly receptionist to informative bellman, my first experience in the Big Easy could have gone awry, but not with their unique insights and suggestions for how to best learn the city in the 36 hours I was there. Additionally, the property itself is great place to be. Located on a quiet street just minutes from the French Quarter, everything you want to see is within walking distance, but at night you're able to escape the insanity. I am anxious for my next trip to New Orleans and look forward to another great weekend at Loft 523.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Loft 523 was exactly the sort of place I needed for my trip. The room itself was sparse and large ... in other words, a loft. But very nice, very comfy, very attractive. It's just a few blocks from the French Quarter or the arts district. My traveling companion and I couldn't believe how affordable it was ($135 for most of our nights there) — we figured the price might have been kept down by the supposedly noisy bar downstairs (closed for renovations during our stay). Almost all of the concierges were great, with suggestions for restaurants and bars that really panned out well. The only one who seemed less clued in still worked hard to find us something that would fit us well. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wordsmith9091
Reviewed 10 June 2012

If you are looking for a super contemporary, unique, boutique hotel in New Olreans, Loft 523 is TOTALLY the place to stay!!!! My husband and I stayed there a few months back and we loved the super quaint fibe. Loft 523 is defiantly the place we will stay every time we visit New Orleans. Don't miss out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The P3 room is amazing!!!!!!!!!