“a hidden gem (literally there isn't a sign outside!)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Calgary, Canada
“a hidden gem (literally there isn't a sign outside!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

This hotel is fantastic! Actually one of my favorite. The decor is minimalist and modern while maintaining some of the elements of the original building (original pillars are displayed behind glass in the lobby). The location is very quiet but is easily within walking distance of the French Quarter and restaurants within the warehouse district. I was attending a conference at the convention centre and it was about a 10-15 min walk. Probably the best aspect of my stay in Loft 523 was the amazing concierges. They were all really helpful. Every night we were directed to amazing restaurants and jazz clubs that we never would have found on our own. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to NOLA!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed in a top floor room, and have had few out of town stays as pleasant. The room was fantastically full of comfortable furniture, a very good bed, a great workspace, and a spa-quality bathroom. Spending a little more than a chain hotel resulted in productive work, pleasant sleep, and an overall good experience. There a small refrigerator available, which I think is better than a mini-bar, and its located close to downtown (work), and the Quarter (food). I'm going back, and this will be my first choice for a stay.

Room Tip: Go Top floor...worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

My experience at Loft 523 was unlike any other I've experienced - the room was minimalistic, almost spartan, the artwork was striking, the lighting more like what you would find in an art gallery than in a hotel room. At first, the look didn't strike my fancy, to be honest, but it really grew on me after the first day.

Likes:

1) Love that there are iPod speakers in the room. The one thing I miss when I travel is music (I always forget to bring my speakers!), so I was able to jam out when getting ready for work.
2) Love the rainwater showerhead! Seriously. Amazing. Also, the bathroom feels like something out of a movie.
3) The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the room was GINORMOUS. Seriously - gigantic. Lots of room to jump around and dance, if that's your thing.

Dislikes:

1) The internet sucked. I must have spent at least 2 hours trying to troubleshoot, and it still sucked.
2) The front desk sucked. The girl at the front desk was literally on her iPhone the entire time. Plus, there's nothing to do in the lobby, which was somewhat disappointing.

Overall, definitely worth the experience, if only to test your "coolness" factor, cause I honestly think only ultra-chic people would like this place at once.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Anooprerna
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I went for a weekend trip with one of my girlfriends to NOLA and decided to stay at this hotel due to the great reviews, location, and style. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival, the concierge was so friendly it was like we were old friends. He told us all the places to check out and was very helpful. Lets not forget the hotel itself! It was gorgeous, with copper doors and HUGE loft style bedrooms that made you feel like you were in Europe. The only downside is that there is no room service, but we really didn't care because we wanted to try local pubs and restaurants anyway. It is so close to everything so you can walk to Bourbon Street, Magazine St...etc. Ultimately, I will DEFINITELY stay here upon my next visit to the Big Easy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at Loft 523 in New Orleans, and I must say it was the most unique and amazing place we've ever stayed. The modern, minimalist decor echo what you might expect in an Architectural Digest layout. The staff were great, and we felt like the only guests there. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husand and I stayed at Loft 523 this past weekend. We made reservations based on the positive reviews, however it would have been a good idea to listen to the negative for a clear picture. We were in the big easy for Tulane University move-in day and we wanted to stay in a cool hotel close to the FQ. Honestly, we were thoroughly disappointed. Here's what we experienced:

Overpowering musty smell in elevator, room, hallway
very dirty concrete floor in room
uncomfortable bed and bedding, chair and small couch in room
no refill of shampoo/conditioner/soap
closed bar (not just temporarily)
window, but only to see surrounding buildings
long wait to get anything - car from valet, ice and extra bedding delivered to room
no street number or name of hotel - has a copper door

nice front lobby staff (one at desk at most times)
very small property - 17 rooms and little to no amenities, large sized room

Apparently, we should have tried their other property - The International House.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stephanie S
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife & I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and were not disappointed! I wouldn't call this a "luxury" hotel but it is definitely spacious and has a great vibe! With high ceilings, plenty of open space, a comfy bed and a huge bathroom, it met our every need. As mentioned in some of the other reviews, it is a little tricky to find and parking can be a bear, but it's worth the extra effort and the valet service is fine. We didn't notice any of the noise some of the older reviews mentioned, but the bar in the lobby was being remodeled when we were there (even so, it's New Orleans! Who cares about a little noise??). We walked to the French Quarter (Bourbon Street) and back without any difficulty. The one thing we'd recommend to hotel management is: install adjustable shower heads. Loved the shower; hated the shower heads. All-in-all, we are looking forward to staying with you again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple