“Best Well Kept Secret...”

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #121 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights after extensive research of hotels in New Orleans. This was my first trip to this city and wanted it to be a memorable one. As all travelers can attest to, where we lay our head amidst the chaos and excitement of travel, is impertive to our overall comfort and satisfaction that where we choose to stay meets our expectations. I read review after review about Loft 523 and every detail of the positive feedback was true. I loved the large room and the comfort of the bed, the staff was incredibly helpful and went out of their way (literally) to give me whatever it was that I needed. One employee went into the garage where they parked my car to get my cup for me! Who does that? All I can say is this will be the ONLY hotel I will stay in when I visit New Orleans again, without question. It's seemingly hidden in the narrow and winding streets of the city, but all gems must be found, right? It's the best well kpet secret. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica W
There are newer reviews for Loft 523 New Orleans

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel is a sister hotel to International House around the corner. I was upgraded to the "Tranquility" room on check-in (not sure if there is much difference in rooms). The room was massive with an office area, sitting area and plenty of room for the large comfortable king bed. The en-suite was also massive. Separate shower and cool tub. Free encryted WiFi. Great TV at foot of the bed plus DVD and CD player with speakers throughout the room. They even provided three jazz CD's for listening. My room had a private deck with table and chairs though the view was of a fence and the brick wall of the building. Did not give it 5 stars as no lounge or restaurant directly in the hotel though we used the fabulous lounge at the International House. Had an assortment of interesting characters at the front desk depending on time of day. All were very helpful though. They do give you a bit of a hard time if you have to change your itinerary ("oh, gotta check with the manager" kinda thing. They also have a 24 hour cancellation policy rather than the usual 4:00 pm but perhaps all NO hotels do this(?). There was a an issue with billing at time of check out (charged me highest rate for extra nights that had been booked at lower rate) but this was very quickly fixed up. Would stay again though may try International House first.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank VoyagerFromTheNorth
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Loft 523 and when they say hidden gem they mean it. The front desk staff was warm and inviting and upgraded us to one of the penthouse suites and it was the best hotel we have stayed at on our cross country trip. The room was very modern and stylized. It was clean and comforting...so much so we wanted to stay an extra day. Cheers to Loft 523 as it was an amazing experience!!!

Room Tip: Hit up the penthouse. You wont be dissapointed!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed here for a few days to visit New Orleans and had a great time. The hotel is in a super convenient location, minutes away from Bourbon st as well as the trolley to take you to other parts of the city. The room was spacious and clean, very modern. Yes, there is a club downstairs but we were not bothered by it at all. Would highly recommend staying here. The staff were also incredibly helpful helping us to figure out where to go and what live shows were happening, where and when.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isaac L
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I would not recommend this hotel, while the rooms are spacious and trendy in appearance, they are poorly maintained with the bathroom door not working, bathroom sink didn't drain properly, shower was horrible, some lights in room didn't work, room key had to be swiped numerous times to open the door... The staff were generally not very helpful, with the concierge surprised and unable to answer when requested for a dinner recommendation. Also beware, the hotel has no name or street number displayed - making it very hard for taxi drivers or tour companies to find.

4  Thank TraceyEC
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My fiancé and I recently (December 2012) stayed three nights at Loft 523 in New Orleans, and absolutely loved it. The location was perfect, as was the accommodation itself. Roomy balcony and a plush, king-sized bed made our trip both enjoyable as well as relaxing.

The staff was friendly, knowledgable and extremely helpful. Stephanie in particular was, simply put, angelic; from the initial phone reservation to guiding us to a few excellent local restaurants and upcoming N.O. festivals. We will definitely be returning.

Paul Harris

Room Tip: Get a balcony if available - they're large with a table with seating for four. Nice way to end a...
4  Thank Paul_Harris1390
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Loft 523 is perfect for modern travelers. Far from plush, it is a minimalist's dream. Despite the concrete floors, soaring ceilings, and monochromatic walls, the room was very inviting. And very large. Many of the furnishings, crafted from natural materials, were gorgeous in their simplicity. The king bed was firm and comfortable. The limestone tile throughout the cavernous bath was spa-like. The large soaking tub--also beautiful!--was icing on the cake.

To top it off, I received a hand-written welcome note. And the the staff were knowledgeable and helpful. I absolutely love this hotel and would stay there again and again.

2  Thank BShauna