“Dont Do it”

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #121 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Dont stay here if you require any sleep at all during the night.This was the loudest hotel we have ever stayed in.Besides the nightclub that ROCKS all night long,we had someone over us walking all day and all night,toilets flushing,doors slamming,people yelling,horns honking.
The rooms are certainly showing their age and not all parts were in working order.Lightbulbs out,ceiling fan not working,speakers on surround sound didnt work,carpeting frayed.The beds were on the floor and difficult to get out of unless you roll out of the side onto your knees and then stand.Seriously.
I get what they were trying to do here but they didnt execute the design.
The People at the desk were nice and pleasant but we will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Star2
There are newer reviews for Loft 523 New Orleans

Reviewed 23 April 2010

I'm going to start with the policy, so when you book there are three choices of rooms, superior deluxe, deluxe and we will rock you, which means you are above the club and it is loud, I booked months in advance and got a better rate than most people in the hotel and booked the deluxe room which is the middle rate. I was put in a we will rock you room because I had the lowest rate of the other guests who booked the deluxe rooms, so because I was first and lowest I got bumped because when they get a busy weekend the deluxe room on the we will rock you floor becomes a deluxe room magically. There isn't anywhere on the website that warns you of this. Since it is such a busy weekend there is no where else to go and you just have to deal with it so they can get away with it. This is not a way to treat people. Also the kid and I stress kid at the desk was not nice and acted as though we were bothering him and you could see it in his face that he did not want to deal with us. The structure of the hotel is cool and the room is cool but if you come to New Orleans on a busy weekend do not book this hotel unless you pay the highest rate you might get rocked all night long!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
7  Thank jetsetter013
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We are a couple in our early 60s, and chose this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend of a friend. We had a spacious, modern room, purposefully booked on the fourth floor, knowing that the club off the lobby would probably disturb us a little bit. When the party overflowed onto the street that night, and the music got turned up louder, we were in agony. Until 3:00 am. Then, the next night (Sunday) promised more of the same, but ended a little earlier. I'm checking out today and finding another place. Never again. BTW, the hotel clerk says he's tried to tell the owner about the constant noise complaints, and the owner won't listen to him. We couldn't even get a light bulb for the reading lamp higher than 40 watts, so I can't even read through all the noise.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rcurtis948
Reviewed 3 April 2010

My boyfriend and I live in New Orleans and we've been hearing so many good things about this unique hotel, so we decided to stay a night, just for fun. We discovered a modern and hip marvel in a nostalgic city, a true gem in the heart of New Orleans.
Its refreshing to see a hotel in this city that goes out of its way to provide a "wow" experience- the front desk is super friendly and really helpful.
All in all, we had a great time on our local vacation-
GREAT JOB!!!
Thanks so much,
Lee Kyle

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We thouroughly enjoyed our stay at loft 523 for my 30th birthday, on March 14! We booked the "Loft Will Rock Your Suite" room right above the bar for one night. We were expecting to hear loud music and the crowd of people, but we weren't bothered by any noise coming from the bar. We could however hear people on the street, but it wasn't an issue for us.

The rooms were spacious and well designed. The bed was super comfy! We slept great! I really enjoyed being able to play local music that was available in the room as we got ready for our day. I wish our stay would have been longer!

I've already recommended loft 523 to my friends and family, and I'm excited to stay there again on my next New Orleans get-away.

Amy Seal - Lafayette, LA

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on Thursday & Friday. We were supposed to stay there for Saturday night as well, but you'll soon find out why we bailed. We booked this hotel after reading all of the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I pre-paid on neworleansonline.com because I received a better rate than booking straight through the hotel. I had paid for a superior room, but when we checked in, we were pleasantly surprised to get a deluxe superior room with the stone tub. The only caveat was that we were put on the 2nd floor. When I had called a week earlier to confirm my reservation, I was told that we'd be on the third floor. The reception guy told me that they were all booked and could only accomadate me on the 2nd floor, and assured me that the room is away from the club on the 2nd floor and should not hear "a thing". If you're on the 2nd floor (anywhere on the 2nd floor), then you're pretty much screwed because of the club downstairs. I mean, you can pretty much sing along to all the songs because you can practically hear EVERYTHING that is happening downstairs. As we were trying to sleep, we could hear/feel the bass through the pillows. The whole room was vibrating with bass. It wasn't so bad on Thursday night, but on Friday, it was ridiculous. Who thought that it'd be a good idea to build a loft hotel on top of a club?!? On Saturday morning, we went down to reception to ask for a room change, something above the second floor. We had to wake up really early for a 6am flight on Sunday morning, so a good night's rest was much needed. Reception told us that they were fully booked and were unable to honor our request for a room change. However, they did offer to discount our rate, which would have been great had we not pre-paid through neworleansonline.com. They did say that a standard room at their sister hotel, The International House, was available to us should we decide to move. Yes, of course, we wanted to move! We didn't want to listen to the "I Love Big Butts...." song AGAIN!! The International House Hotel is just a block away, so it wasn't that big of an inconvenience to schlep our stuff around. The room over there was much smaller, but we really didn't care. Other than the sound issue, the room at Loft 523 was impressive. If you love contemporary style, then this is the place for you. If you plan on actually sleeping, then request a room above the 2nd floor.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RenzoSB
Reviewed 21 March 2010

My wife and I stumbled onto Loft 523 through an internet search. While in New Orleans staying at another hotel, we went by to have a look. The hard part is finding the hotel even though it is very conveniently located just off Canal Street and easy walking distance to the French Quarter. The entrance is a nondescript door in a warehouse district that also is home to August restaurant. But once inside, you are immediately aware that Loft 523 is going to be unique. I asked to see a room and was shown two. The ultimate in trendy chic. Concrete floors, large minimally furnished rooms with tall ceilings accentuated by a wonderful low bed. Very modern but with old warehouse features like exposed brick walls (real) and massive support columns. I booked two rooms following the tour and along with another couple, we spent a great weekend at this trendy, reasonably priced gem. There is no restaurant, but in a city surrounded by dining opportunities, who cares.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends