“Girls night out”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #510 of 2,024 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: The Melting Pot is an upscale fondue restaurant located in the garden district. We offer a 4-course menu starting with creamy cheese fondue prepared table side, freshly made salads, a variety of meat and seafood items, followed by our decadent chocolate fondue. A la carte menu options also available. Full service bar available with signature cocktails and hand crafted martinis. A perfect place to melt your stress away!
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I haven't been here in years and a friend of mine suggested to go on the night of autism awareness. I Had a really good time, the martinis were strong and the food was excellent. The receipt says Gary was our server, and he was amazing, he made us laugh all night. It was pricey but I will definitely be coming back in the future.

1  Thank whitdanee

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went for an adult family birthday dinner. It's a dinner that works better with more people & you need to allow time. We had 2 cooking sauces for the entrees. I had coq au vin it was not as rich as I would have liked. There is plenty of meat but I would've liked more veggies. Overall there is plenty to eat. We had the basic cheddar starter which was great. We all enjoyed our dinner. It is expensive. So for us only a special occasions meal. But I would return. I liked the large booths & privacy & atmosphere. There is no parking lot only on the street parking so a negative there. We did get parked round the corner but it was a Th night. definitely unique it scores big in that area.

1  Thank Traflagar
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We brought my 13 year old niece for her first fondue experience & she loved it!! We just had dessert, but enjoyed the assortment of goodies provided on our plates, especially covered in chocolate!! We v walled right in, sat down& we're served within 15 minutes. Great experience & we'll be back!

1  Thank Bonnie R
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Service was good, however we arrived at our table before 7:30 and left after 11pm! 4 courses of cooking my on food, two bites at a time. 5 out of 6 took one bite of one of the cheese pots that had nutmeg added to the top and hated it. Informed the server and she offered no solution to the issue. The rest of the food is pretty good. Almost every entree comes with shrimp. Great unless your allergic. They did substitute for it. No complaints here. Then I have to say, I don't care for boiling my food in a pot with everyone else's food especially steak and duck breast. The flavors were good for the most part. The chocolate was wonderful. Now I completely understand why so many here only go for dessert! There too many great restaurants to go to in New Orleans to bother with a chain restaurant that requires you to cook your own food and is over priced like this one. $380 for 6 people Two people did not have any drinks and one person had two.

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We celebrated our daughter's 20th birthday at The Melting Pot in New Orleans. Everything was delicious! We had the four course experience. We were a party of 4 but ordered only two 4 course servings which was more than enough. There were so many choices of what was available. Our waiter William was an excellent host and guided us through our meal. Each course of the meal was just as great as the other. The finishing touch was the chocolate fondue at the end. Dark Chocolate YUM! We would highly recommend this place to everyone. I thought parking would be an issue but it was no problem finding a spot close to the entrance.

1  Thank MyTurtleSoup