“Basically, this is THE karaoke bar as far as I'm concerned.”
Review of Kajun's Pub

Kajun's Pub
Ranked #107 of 239 Nightlife in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: New Orleans' premier karaoke bar. Karaoke 7 nights a week 9 pm - when it ends... Over 60,000 songs to choose from. An automated kiosk for signing up. Smokeeters installed in the bar remove all the smokiness. Best alcohol selection, great prices, great fun.
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Cheap beer is a requirement for me, as I am a man of simple means, and these folks got it...AND pitchers! You could (and probably will) get pretty hammered on just what's left in your pockets from earlier in the night. Because Kajun's is best experienced later-on.

The people here are generally nice (and incredibly diverse), which is good because there's often a whole bunch of 'em...another reason I like to go later...weeds out the light-weights and opens up more places to set your drink. Carrying around a pitcher of beer just makes me feel like too much of a drunk.

They have food now, but I haven't gotten any yet...but it looks pretty good. They also have wi-fi, show football games, and have all kinds of events there; but like I said, it's mostly a late-night place for me.

I saved the best for last: the karaoke. They got the fancy touch screen so you can search though the catalog without hassling the DJ and you get your own login and everything. This comes in handy because you can browse your history and fill in the gaps of your spotty memory. They also have wireless mics and two conveniently located screens.

Basically, this is THE karaoke bar as far as I'm concerned. The atmosphere is laid back enough that you'll enjoy embarrassing yourself and the clientele is varied enough that you won't hear the same songs over and over.

Just don't blame me if you end up staying until they shut the machine off and wake up in some random place in the Bywater.

1  Thank Jason C