“Karaoke 7 days a week?? Yes please!!”
Review of Kajun's Pub

Kajun's Pub
Ranked #107 of 239 Nightlife in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: New Orleans' premier karaoke bar. Karaoke 7 nights a week 9 pm - when it ends... Over 60,000 songs to choose from. An automated kiosk for signing up. Smokeeters installed in the bar remove all the smokiness. Best alcohol selection, great prices, great fun.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Your nice, typical hole in the wall. Good drink prices (about $5-6 for a well, if I remember correctly). An awesome mix of people. I went on a Friday and a Tuesday and there were good crowds both nights.

Karaoke starts at around 9 or 10. I was disappointed Friday because I called and was told that karaoke started at 9. When I arrived at 9:30p, no one was singing. I was told that the DJ wanted to get 2-3 people in the lineup. There were about 15-20 people in the bar. So I put in my song selections and about 10min later she starts. It took 10 songs before I sang and then I didn't sing again for an hour and a half!

People show up early to get a couple of songs in. I didn't think it was very professional to build up the list until there was a 2 hr wait before starting. She also sang 3-4 times throughout the night and was not very good at all.

The Tuesday DJ fully redeemed my opinion of the place.

Moral of the story, it's a fun place and great for a night of karaoke with friends, but make sure you get a good DJ.

1  Thank AndreaE83
There are newer reviews for Kajun's Pub

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have been to Kajun's about 4 times, most recently for the Chewbaccus parade which marched right outside! I absolutely LOVE the staff, David, Joanne, & bartender Dustin. Being solo and wanting to find a safe local place to hang out, I was thankful to find this spot, where I am always greeted with a smile and a hug. :) The club is a karaoke bar, open 24/7. They have awesome jello shots for one dollar :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1  Thank Swampie70119
David B, General Manager at Kajun's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you so much for your review! Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome! I am so glad we are doing our job. We still work hard to do better.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Great bloody marys whenever you want them. 24/7. Friendly, pleasant neighborhood pub. New fancy jukebox so Karoke can go on at 7:00 a.m. if you want (though I'd make sure it's O.K. with your fellow patrons). A jewel on St. Claude and not far from the French Quarter.

1  Thank Mark B
David B, Manager at Kajun's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Mark, thank you so much for your kind review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans and especially your visit to Kajun's Pub.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

What can I say? This place is awesome! Great staff, people and drinks. Not to mention the karaoke is great! Being just down the road from our accomodation almost made it too conveniant. We were there nearly every night! Highly reccomended - a must when in New Orleans!

1  Thank EmsC88
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were visiting New Orleans and came across Kajuns by chance and it was so much fun. Sure, no one claps when you sing, but thats part of the charm. That and the man that gets up to sing every 2 songs. And the rude English people telling everyone they were awful (ok, that was us!), but the song list is great, the bar staff out and proud and such a fun atmosphere. The neighbourhood it was in was a bit grubby but that was part of the charm. If you are in the neighbourhood go, and even if you are not it is worth the cab ride. Cheap strong drinks too!

1  Thank theyneedsomething2do
David B, General Manager at Kajun's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We thoroughly enjoyed you guys with us....