“Borgne casual fine dining experience”
Review of Borgne

Borgne
Reserve with OpenTable
Borgne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 2,036 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between Poydras and Girod
Transit: On the soon to be completed Loyola Street Streetcar Line
Description: "When people ask where in New Orleans to go for great local seafood, I want the answer to be Borgne." - Brian Landry, Executive Chef Chef Brian Landry grew up fishing on Lake Borgne, the epicenter of coastal cuisine in Louisiana. His passion for Louisiana seafood brought him to create Borgne, a celebration of coastal Louisiana with a touch of Isleno influence. Borgne will be a gathering place for locals and visitors alike, a CBD lunch spot, a quick bite before the game and a casual setting for a delicious dinner with friends.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I love this restaurant. The servers are knowledgeable and the cuisine is refined and not as heavy as the other fares around the area. First of all, when you go inside the restaurant, it looked like a high school cafeteria. And my companions and I did not know what to expect at first because this place is in the Hyatt and we were expecting something swankier, but... we realized that Borgne was a place like a cottage that John Besh probably went to as a child, and he was recreating that casual atmosphere and also the food. We started off with the oysters and champagne and it was generous. There is also a kid's menu which was really great. My little one loved the rice and the chicken strips. My husband and my son had the steak and they were more than satisfied. It came with these tater tot like potatoes and they were fantastic. I was with two other ladies... and we shared 2 dishes, the best one was the drum, it's a white fish with pecans and butter on top. It was delicate and yet rich. The dessert was also pretty fantastic. Homemade ice cream with the brownie. Yumm.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Only been around for a year or two but it may be my favorite John Besh spot. Great place to eat oysters with a lovely bar with great TV's for catching the game. It's loud been and a good place to high end pre-game before Saints or Penguin games.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I were in New Orleans for the weekend with friends. One of them was celebrating her birthday and her boyfriend had made reservations here. We were seated right away and given our menus. There were 6 of us altogether so we ordered drinks and decided what to get to eat. The atmosphere and décor were very nice. John was our waiter he was very nice and answered the various questions we had about the menu. I ordered the fish in a bag which was more than delicious and my husband had the hanger steak, he said it was great as well. Everyone else said there food was great to! After our meals John brought us desert menus and we were all discussing what we should get. About 15 mins later he returned with large portions of all the deserts we had talked about along with extra plates and spoons so we could all share and Happy Birthday was written on her plate. Loved it, would def go back!!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hubby and I visited the Hyatt for a convention this weekend, we decided to try this restaurant out, it was very busy so the hostess recommended for us to sit at the bar so we wouldn't have to wait. We did and after a short wait the bartender offered us a menu and took our drink orders. We both decided on the flash fried garlic chicken as our bar neighbor was raving over it! We both had finished our drinks and held lengthy conversations with the other guest before our food arrived, it took probably 35-40 min to get our food, the food was excellent the best chicken dish I have ever eaten! The best meal I had at the Hyatt ! Ok I notice things because I like to review restaurants that give good service , we got ok service from our bartender, she was friendly enough but I noticed she was much more friendlier to others, little things like when our food arrived we didn't get a clean towel under our plates like our neighbors did, nor did we receive napkins under our drinks, we decided to order dessert and she placed our spoons directly on the bar without wiping or placing a napkin down, our neighbors had the cloth place mats we didn't.. Little things like that prevented me from really enjoying my visit. We ordered the blueberry - peach cobbler dessert it was so good! The food was excellent and pricy as all things are at the Hyatt. I probably won't return because of the service, but if your staying in this hotel you won't regret eating here just do table service!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great food! Tons of seafood selections fresh from the gulf! The decor is modern with amazing oyster pillars in the dining room. Their cocktails are craft made and super fresh! Dessert is not to be missed!!