The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$400
US$245
US$169
  • Fitness centre
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$176
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$237
Hotels.com
US$336
US$290
Travelocity
1,342 results
All reviewsburgundy barplay naughtycanal streetblue lightingfrench quartercool hotelboutique hotelthe ritzshower headruby slipperhotel barthe general managerbourbon stexposed brickgreat barmardi grashigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Let's be clear: this hotel is in a great location, is attractively decorated, with friendly staff. However, for a hotel advertised alongside better-known premium hotels (e.g., Ritz-Carlton, Omni), this was a disappointment, most notably in the quality of service. Clearly not worth the rack rate or as much as neighboring hotels in this class.

1. Maintenance problems. When I arrived, I was initially assigned a room whose door did not close.

2. Understaffed/poorly trained. The front desk staff said he would send someone to evaluate the above problem. After an hour of waiting and repeated calls to the front desk, nobody showed. I re-packed my belongings and had to go back to the front desk to request a room re-assignment. The staff told me, "Sorry, we're having a problem with our engineer." I wish they had just re-assigned me without wasting my time. I missed the events I planned to attend that night.

3. Unhelpful staff. I asked to extend my reservation (made through an online bid) one day, and the staff told me I would need to (a) move rooms and (b) pay the rack rate. I made another online bid and thankfully moved to another premium hotel, at a lower price than my bid for The Saint.

4. Lacks amenities. This is one of the very few hotels in the area that considers itself premium but lacks a pool, hot tub, or spa. Additionally, while other hotels in the class typically have a doorman, this one never did.

During my stay, I relayed these comments to the hotel guest relations staff. Per an emailed auto-reply, she was attending a training conference (and thus could not address my concerns).

I did like the blue hallway lighting, flat-panel TVs, free wifi, pod coffee makers. I stayed 4 nights in April 2012. The text of this review is also posted on yelp.com.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Neil R
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at The Saint Hotel April 20 and 21st a Friday and Saturday night and overall a very acceptable hotel. We are local from New Orleans and do stay-cations quite often and stay at many of the local hotels. Ritz, Iberville Suites, Hotel Monteleon, Crwn Astor, Marriotts, Hiltons, Royal Sonesta, Pere Marquette, just to name a few but many more. Service is what makes hotels achieve the highest standards!
The positives first. Location was directly on Canal Street next to the Ritz. Great location to get everywhere. The rooms are new and very small but acceptable. We asked for 8th floor because of noise levels we have experienced at other hotels. It helped it was great on the 8th floor and quiet. We had a room that faced Canal street for the view and it was good. The negatives, when we checked in first bellhop said we could not bring our cooler in and would need to leave in downstairs closet. I asked him if he was crazy and nuts people from New Orleans never travel without their ice chest and bar. The main bellhop Malcolm was great he said not to worry and locals always bring their ice chest. It was almost insulting what the first bellhop told us after spending so much on a reservation and that was our first impression walking in the door. They have small refrigerators in room but are so full of hotel stuff you are charged a arm and leg for if you use it's crazy. They also have snacks if you want to be charged 5.00 dollars for a small pack of M&M's or crackers. Eveything in room is priced so over board they should be charged with gouging by local authority's like during a hurricane. Parking is 38.00 dollars a night again for this area is nuts. Do it yourself around corner secure parking all day for five dollars and seventeen over night. It's at the corner of Iberville St. and North Rampart about a hundred yards from hotel. The same parking lot hotel uses! The room has terrible water pressure in shower. No Bathtub just shower. It was quiet on the eight floor but only had ice machines on 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th floors so everytime we went to get ice we had to go to the 7th floor. The so called roof top bar and pool is not there and said to be finished by June but the way 9th floor roof looked when we viewed out the elevator it will be late fall before finished. The downstairs bar was nice we had a couple drinks there Saturday night and restaurant looked nice though we did not try it. For locals a good quick bite to eat take the trolley/streetcar down St.Charles Ave. to Superior Grill good comfortable place and senery good from the streetcar. Best breakfast around Daisy Dukes on Charters Street and best hamburger Yo Moma's across from Pat O'briens on the side street off Bourbon. Port O'Call good to but always has a hour or two wait. There are many fine restaurants with in walking distance of hotel if you want to dress up and spend a lot. The ones listed are good food at good price and you can dress comfortable. Overall in time if this hotel has better management training and can come down to reality about in hotel pricing they could double or triple their business and be a destination spot for out of town guests as well as locals but they need training on how to talk to people and have better guest relations. The people working there including the house keepers could not even tell you anything about the hotel or surrounding areas. We were the guests and had to tell them most things about New Orleans and surrounding area. Until this changes in TRAINING this will be a tough to get to three star hotel. Maybe in the future possibly a four but until further changes and upgrades best we can say is three. Arriving at hotel is on side street from Canal and lacks sufficient signage and area to unload. Bellhops have you pull onto the side walk where people are walking and riding bicycles, WHAT is that can I say accident/ lawsuit waiting to happen. Hope this helps some people visiting the city and locals.

Room Tip: Whenever you stay in New Orleans get the highest room and face away from Bourbon or face West in a Hotel room because of late night noise and street musicain's will keep you up all the way to early morning.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank southerndreamer
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stumbled upon staying at this hotel thanks to priceline.com. I couldn't believe the price we were able to secure for two nights in the French Quarter!! $134/night. Yes, we booked about a day before we arrived... and perhaps they just had the extra room last minute. But this is about 65% off the retail price!!

The Saint in New Orleans on Canal Street was a gem among gems. In fact, I think it was better than the most high priced hotels. Sure, it's new... but when it comes to going to sleep, I like the fact the mattress is new and everything is fresh. It has to be with a mostly white interior in all the rooms. Dirt and grime can not hide in this place. This hotel is clean, clean, clean with a lovely modern style that gives way to hints of the original building.

We traveled with our two kids (age 6 and year and 1/2). Room was quiet, but I might recommend packing a white noise machine or little fan to help mask the sounds of people in the hall or sirens outside.

The Saint had very comfortable cribs for our little one. If they deliver a semi-small crib and it's just a bit too small, ask for a different crib because they have multiple sizes.

Also, plan on bringing a cooler, if you want to keep anything cold. There is a frig in the room, but it's stocked with items you must purchase. And if you remove the items, they will charge you $50 - even if you don't eat/drink the items.

Walgreens is right across the street, just in case you need anything like shampoo, hairbrush, etc.

Overall, this stay was quite memorable. The staff really are the best. Very friendly and helpful with great suggestions for breakfast, etc.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that was very bright with windows on two walls. So nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lsberry
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Saint hotel is super conveniently located for exploring in the French Quarter, or hoping on a street car to anywhere else. On Canal Street (on the outer edge of the French Quarter), we actually had some peace and quiet and were able to sleep very well. The room was clean and spacious and tastefully decorated, and the lobby itself was gorgeous. The staff could not have been more accommodating! I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone else looking to enjoy New Orleans

Room Tip: The most quiet rooms would be higher up. We also had a corner room, which was great with two big windows!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I placed a bid on priceline.com and this hotel was automatically selected for me. The hotel itself was beautiful in my opinion. The hallways did not bother me but they are kind of dark. The lobby, rooms, etc are all kept very clean and nice. Anything you can think of (such as ordering food at 2am) can be facilitated by the front desk. Bourbon street and amazing restaurants and bars surround this hotel which made it hard to even want to explore any other part of the city since it seems like everything you could ever want is right at your fingertips!

The only cons would be that the water pressure was terrible and the water took quite a while to warm up. Just an FYI it is $38 a night to park your vehicle if you drive or have a rental car, this was not necessarily a con i would have just liked to know before I came here.

I would stay here again! The staff was great and accomodating in every way.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends