“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Cortland, New York
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel was beautiful. It was in a great location, only a few blocks from Bourbon St. Easy to walk just about anywhere. The room was clean and nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful when asked for recommendations. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay at our beautiful hotel! Thank you for your comments about our location, furnishings and friendly staff. We hope you are able to come back and visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel was quite a surprise. I was traveling for work and for vacation and chose this hotel because of a decent rate I found through Marriott's website. The hotel is a boutique hotel and is perfect for couples and/or anyone looking to have a lot of fun in a sexy place to stay. The lobby is lightly decorated and the staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful. One of the valet men saw me leaving the hotel in my running attire and asked if I knew where I was going. Upon admitting that I was just going to go where my phone told me he pulled out a map and showed me a great two mile loop around the hotel and the French Quarter.

While the staff is beyond superb, the two features of this hotel that will make me a repeat client are the rooms and the bar. The rooms are spacious and clean. They are simply designed in white with blue accents and mirrors. The bathroom was huge with a large shower and plenty of counter space. The hallways leading to the rooms are dimly lit with blue lights. It is not a place for kids.

The bar is the best part of the hotel. It is dimly lit with red accents throughout. The bartenders were friendly and made great drinks. In fact, I think the sazerac at the Burgundy Bar was better than at its nameplace. The place had a fantastic band on Thursday night as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will stay here the next time I am in NOLA.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate you telling us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! Thursday nights at the Burgundy Bar with the Yat Pack playing are so fun- we are delighted you were able to experience that! Thank you for all your comments about our superb staff and sexy hotel! Come back and stay with us again soon.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I surprised my husband for his birthday in January and we came to New Orleans for the first time. I had taken a friend's advice and did the "name your price" on priceline.com, so at first I was a little worried about what the hotel would be like especially because we got it at a lower rate than what the hotel's website was saying the room prices would be. When we arrived, my first thought was that it was a beautiful building. The lobby area has a lot to do (restaurant, bar, pool table). We easily checked in and were able to go up to our room even though we were 2 hours before check in time. Now some reviewers commented on the purple lighting in the hallways. We are a younger couple in our late 20s, and we really thought it was neat, something that we had never seen done in a hotel. Though during the weekend we were with an older couple in the elevator, and they were commenting that they hated it and it hurt their eyes. I think it's going to be up to you if you like it or not. When we got into our room, it was amazing! Not at all what we thought it would be like. Yes there is a down side that the side view is not the best, but hey all the best and most expensive hotels are on that street and they have the same view too! Lots of space in the room, and very clean. I can be weird about staying in a hotel room and always do a fine check for dirt, trash, bugs, etc. So trust me, our room was very clean! It was very quiet on our floor, though in the morning you could hear people in the hallway.. Which is to be expected. Throughout the weekend, the staff was very friendly. Always talking to us and asking what our plans were. They gave us suggestions of the best restaurants and were the best music was played. Our only problem was when we were checking out. We had a restaurant breakfast bill on our room charge, even though we did not eat at their restaurant. The early morning lady (3 am!) took it off and sent us on our way! I normally do not give percent 5 stars for hotels, but this trip was perfect!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley P
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel! We are so delighted you and your husband had such a nice weekend. We appreciate all your comments about our location, lobby, decor, cleanliness and rooms. We love to hear your trip went perfect!! Please come back and see us again soon!
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed for Jazz fest! We loved it. fantastic location, great,adorable and helpful staff. The place and rooms are beautiful! Darryl the GM even gave us specail attention! Thank you all for a great time in Nola!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
I am so delighted you had such a nice stay at The Saint during Jazz Fest weekend! Thank you for your comments about our location, rooms and great staff. We take pride in providing excellent guest service here. Come back and visit us again soon!
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 2 May 2013

These rooms are dynamite!! The ceilings are a beautiful blue color while the rest of the room is white. The bathroom is very fancy with a glass bowl and glass enclosured shower. The room is very sexy with mirrors at the pillow portion of the bed. Beds are very comfortable. I will stay again at this hotel in a hearbeat.

Room Tip: I think there are no bad rooms in this hotel, but we did have a nice view from our room, my sister...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine B
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are so delighted you had such a nice stay at The Saint! Thank you for comments and description of our rooms, they really are lovely. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
Kentucky
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Two friends and I stayed at The Saint for two nights in March prior to a cruise. We cruise from Nola 2-3 times per year and love the pre-cruise experience. This was our first stay at The Saint and we really enjoyed it. We loved the room - very classy and chic. Location was superb, as was the way we were treated while we were guests. We thought we had found a new favorite hotel...

After we returned home, I found that I was charged $40 extra on my credit card that wasn't on my closing statement. I called and spoke to Jenni; she said it was a breakfast charge. I didn't eat breafast; my two friends did, though. They paid cash; they sat in a corner and were waited on by a tall, thin waiter. When they paid with a $100 he said he would have to go elsewhere to get change. He wanted their room number even though they had paid cash. When I told Jenni this, she said she would email the manager. I have since emailed two more times. I have not gotten a response. I know it is just $40, but with me paying it again, it's like an $80 breakfast for two!

I'm only putting this on here because I see the manager responds on tripadvisor very regularly. Since I have not gotten response from my three attempts at contacting him, I am trying this means.

The hotel is lovely, but I'm not very pleased with being ignored.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for your comments about our location and classy rooms. I also thank you for bringing this matter to our attention about your bill. I have investigated the situation and spoken with my staff in regards to it. We will be reaching out to you to get everything straightened out. We hope we have the opportunity to provide your accommodations again in the future.
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Saint is a hip hotel right on Canal Street and just a block or so from Bourbon without the chaos of a W hotel. The lobby bar is cozy and hip and their speciality pool table is right in the lobby. Check in was smooth and our room was comfortable with a cool design- not an old New Orleans feel though. If you are looking for authentic, old Big Easy this is not your hotel. The room has exposed brick and mirror wall with huge windows (not a good view, but it was quiet). The bathroom is basic size but updated so it feels nicer than it is. The bellmen were super helpful and kind. I called for help with dinner and was told there wasn't a concierge but they would work on it but I never got a phone call back? I think for a fun weekend (we were there for Jazz Fest) it is great and easy with a cool feel and a good location. We could walk to Bourbon, Jackson Square and even Frenchman's street (we like to walk). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for Canal Street if you want a view but be prepared for noise!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your weekend at The Saint! We are so delighted you had such a nice time during Jazz Festival weekend. We appreciate your comments about our location, cool vibe and friendly staff! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!