“Unique with helpful and friendly staff”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Unique with helpful and friendly staff”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We greatly enjoyed our stay here. There were a few bumps (very loud neighbor 1st night, no safe in the room they moved us to afterward) but the staff took quick action to resolve these. The staff offered lots of suggestions and recommendations on things to do, etc. (The Rum House on Magazine St. especially) and we would definitely go back. Design is very unique and appealing.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel! I am so glad the staff was able to take care of you and ensure your stay was great! We hope you come back and visit again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
fort lauderdale, fl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was chic, lively and had an all around comfy feel. I loved the decor and the beds were probably the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. Had a very good experience with room service for breakfast, the crab omelette was amazing. The hotel was in a great location and the staff was very accommodating. The bar was very nice too, all red, live music and funky drinks. The entire hotel just had this amazing ambience with sculptures, big chairs, lighted hallways....even the shower had colored lights, nice touch! I would definitely recommend The Saint Hotel in NOLA

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lexinj38
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are delighted you had such an awesome stay with us at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all your comments about our chic décor, comfortable beds, room service, location and nice bar! We look forward to your coming back and visiting us again!!
Mobile al
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service was excellent. Rooms are sleek and modern with a magic sort of feel. The elegant top floors were not finished but overall good experience and loved the bar. Good martinis and a lively eclectic crowd. Very Convenient location. Did not check out spa or pool or workout room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our great bar, sleek rooms, elegant décor and convenient location and excellent service!! Come back and visit us again soon!!!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location of the hotel is ideal. It is on Canal St, a few blocks down from Bourbon St and the French Quarter. It is just far enough to have a quiet getaway, but close enough to all the NOLA excitement. It is very swanky and modern, and the Burgundy Bar in the lobby is very cozy. The hotel does not have a pool that I know of, but it did have a small fitness room, which was important to us. The beds were heavenly, and the room was spacious and suited our taste. You can jump on the cable car down to St Charles Avenue right outside the door, and several convenience stores and gift shops are within a few minutes walk.

We did have a small problem with bugs, and when the first hotel employee contacted did not immediately rectify our request for another room, we contacted a manager who did immediately. They even apologized with a large cheese plate! Overall, the customer service was excellent. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
We are delighted you had such a great stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our location, swanky décor and cozy bar and top notch customer service! I am so glad that the Manager you spoke with took such great care of you!! We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an interesting Marriott property with its decor. I liked the statues and chairs....made me feel like I was in Wonderland! They have this huge chair that looks like the Queen of Hearts should be sitting in. In the front restaurant, there are two chairs that should hold Mad Hatters! Kept waiting for the White Rabbit to come through! I guess the blue lighting in the hallways is for mood??? But are not that great for seeing your way around. The room was tiny!! It was nicely decorated but just barely large enough for two! And sleep?? Forget it. There were sirens all night long!! I was disappointed that our room did not overlook Canal Street but we had enough noise overlooking the side street. We were on the 8th floor which was amazing that it was so loud that far up. We have stayed in New Orleans a lot but this is the first hotel where our sleep was disturbed from street noises.
It is also a little more of a hike from Royal, Jackson Square and all the places that we enjoy going to. Nice idea but not practical for us to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our modern and fun décor. I apologize that you did not like the location and that your room was noisy- Canal Street can be loud depending on the weekend in New Orleans! I do appreciate you staying with and thank you again for your comments.
Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I reserved a room via the hotels website for a king bed, with requests for a high floor room and extra towels. When we arrived we were checked into a room with two double beds. I called the front desk and the woman who answered at the front desk told me that I booked two doubles via a third party website and that there were no king beds available. I was convinced by the staff at the hotel that I made a mistake. After pondering the topic for 10 minutes, I realized I was able to pull up the reservation on my phone and it was clearly stated in the confirmation e-mail I received from the hotel that we reserved a king bed with additional requests. My husband went downstairs to the front desk to politely discuss the matter and to present the confirmation e-mail we received. We were moved to a room with a king bed (that we were told was not available). There was trash in the room and the requests I made during booking were not met.

We are not the type who complains for free stuff. We simply wanted our requests met and an apology for basically being called a liar (I told them I booked on their website, etc. and I was told I did not repeatedly). Our requests were not met, nor did we receive an apology.

We were given a breakfast coupon for two for the next morning. When we arrived downstairs for breakfast the next morning we were told there was no chef and to help ourselves to the "buffet" where there was practically nothing left and there was no service for drinks, etc. We asked for a late checkout (12pm) so we could obtain breakfast elsewhere and come back to get our belongings. Our request for a late checkout was denied.

Compared to the other hotels in the area that we stayed at during this trip (Omni Royal Orleans & Royal Sonesta) this hotel was terrible! Stay somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Good luck having your room requests met.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. I know that our Assistant General Manager, Whitney Hines, reached out to you yesterday in regards to the details of your stay from your survey. Whitney and I are both happy to discuss your review in more detail. I spoke with each department yesterday about your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and am dismayed that I did not get the chance to speak to you in person before you checked out. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very much enjoyed this hotel. It had a very modern flair, but that made this hotel even more interesting. All of the staff were pleasant, smiling and very accommodating. The room was comfortable and the bed was firm and provided a pleasant nights sleep (my back didn't hurt one bit). The hotel itself is located on Canal street, which is a bit of a walk to just about anything in the French quarter, but we really didn't mind the walking, we got to see more of New Orleans that way and took different routes each time, to be sure we didn't miss anything. Well worth the walks and exercise.

1 Thank Extrememomma
We are delighted you had such a great stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our modern décor, comfortable rooms and accommodating staff! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!