“Great Property in NOLA”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #50 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had the pleasure to stay at the Saint this week.
As others have noted, it's modern and somewhat quirky in a good way.
The location is on Canal St, a very short walk to the quarter. Being there on business, it's nice to be away from the hassles on Bourbon.
My room was a King, which had a very comfortable bed and a walk in shower.
In my opinion, what separates this property from others in NOLA, is the staff, who are Very friendly and helpful. From check in to the restaurant, I encountered professionals.
As a platinum with Marriott, I was given a free breakfast, as this hotel has no concierge lounge.
A great stay! I would recommend highly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike G
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel during your trip to New Orleans! Thank you for all your comments about our location, nice room, and above all the friendly and helpful staff! We strive to provide the utmost in guest service and we are so glad everyone was able to take such great care of you. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Overrated = have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved. This hotel was ok but once you get past the fancy lobby area, there isn't much substance. Rooms are very small. Our view (or lack there of) was not very nice. Mildew in the shower. No pool. If you want to swim you have to hike up the street to a sister hotel (despite the fact that Marriott owns the Ritz next door). Considering that we paid the "boutique premium" price, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SPERRY8302
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I do appreciate you taking the time to tell us your thoughts in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced from your view to the swimming pool location down the street. We would have gladly moved you to a room with a better view. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely hotel, great Canal St location, couple of blocks north of Bourbon. Foyer is quite minimalistic and quirky. Rooms quite modern and comfortable - though walls are quite thin! Some entertaining features throughout the hotel. Great downstairs bar!!! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! We are delighted you had such a great trip! Thank you for your comments about our great bar, décor and location! We hope you come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with the nicest, most helpful staff I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. From the concierge, desk, housekeeping, and valet, all wonderful! The only reason I didn't give them a five was the breakfast buffet is expensive and average at best. Fortunately, the Ruby Slipper is next door! This is my new favorite hotel in Nola!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are so proud to be your favorite hotel in New Orleans!! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay at The Saint! We appreciate all your comments about our fabulous staff - we have such wonderful staff members and each and every one are such an asset. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was very impressed with my stay here. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming that felt right at home. The decorations really tie every thing together and make for an unforgettable stay. All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Stay at the Lucifer. I know I wanted to;)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trinty C

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your amazing stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for all your comments about our décor and helpful staff! We are so glad your stay was unforgettable and we cannot wait until you come back again!!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been traveling to New Orleans for 2 decades and I am only on the hunt for a clean, comfortable, well located property. I stay primarily at Marriott hotels and I saw this one on their web site and I decided to be a new type of Marriott. Very, very nice and their theme is "Be Naughty" . Well I was traveling for work and with my sister so that wasn't going to apply to me but maybe next time with my husband. I got a great corner room (708) that was quiet and immaculate. White tiled bathroom with a huge shower and fluffy towels. The décor was similar to one in South Beach with flowing floor to ceiling drapes. Very dark and romantic. The bar had a diverse menu of cocktails. I did not try the breakfast but it was crowded in the mornings. The staff was very helpful and caring. I will go back!! Summary-Marriott has a winner here.

Room Tip: 7th Floor room 708.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tollinche7

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all your comments about our romantic décor, well appointed rooms and diverse cocktail menu. You will have to bring your Husband back next time you visit!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I really, truly enjoyed this hotel. I've stayed in New Orleans many times, in many different hotels, and this has to be my favorite. Everything about the joint is very "botique-y" in the right and expected way, but there's one thing that set this place apart for me. It may sound trivial in print, and maybe even is in person, but to me, this hotel handles atmosphere better than so many others, specifically atmosphere from front door/front desk to room, and in room. For instance, they have a generally beautiful lobby. It's beautiful, but generic. But, you didn't notice that incredibly heavy velvet curtain behind which is a gorgeous but intimate hotel bar serving proper sazeracs and pimms cups. You hop on an elevator, and one of the walls is a constant loop of a b&w video performance by Elvis Presley on one elevator, and Louis Armstrong on the other, at least while I was there. At first Elvis seemed a bit incongruent to New Orleans, but I immediately felt my synapses firing making the connections, from Memphis to NoLa, of the persisitence of blues music and the hand these two had in the legitimizing of that style music. Maybe I consider too much, or assign meaning to things that don't deserve it. Regardless, it was a nice touch that really did make me think about the connections various places have with each other. The elevator doors open to your floor, and suddenly it's 11:00 PM on a New Orleans weeknight, and you're at a quiet and tasteful jazz club in the quarter. Lit exclusively by dim blue lighting, no additional light anywhere (you don't need it!), the halls are also lined with huge photographs of famous figures from the past and present, all black & white photography. I remember Marilyn Monroe and Rebel-without-cause James Dean in particular. Then you notice the lovely jass music being pumped into the atmosphere. Not a ray of natural light gets in until you actually enter your room, which itslef is stylish and particularly liked by all. The Saint also gets big kudos for introducing me to the wonderful line of Niven Morgan scents. They use the addictive bergamot and amber scent in many forms. It's wonderful, and I've since bought two large bottle of the stuff since my trip there. I heartily recommend the product. AND the hotel.

Room Tip: They're all good as far as I can tell.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ghost_Goat

Wow what an amazing review - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your awesome experience at The Saint Hotel!! We are delighted you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for all of your comments from our Jazz Music to the Elevator TVs to the Burgundy Bar. We agree that Niven Morgan products are splendid and we are so glad we got you hooked on them! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!