“NOLA get away!”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was in a great location. We took the train in from Chicago and it was very close to the train station. The Hotel is a combination of gorgeous and funky! We had a room with a street view. The view was great, but you could hear the street noise. Our friends had a room not on the street and they said their room was quiet. My only fault, and that is because I'm old...lol... Is that the hallways are very dark because of the lighting. It was hard to see once you got out of the elevator to get to your room. Other than that I thought it was great. The staff, from the front desk to the maids were approachable and very nice. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because of the lighting.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the street. The view was great, but you could hear the street noise. Our fr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Kate A, Director of Sales at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel during your NOLA getaway!! Thank you for your comments about our location, funky and gorgeous décor, and nice staff! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,310)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice lobby but that is about it.
Staff who are rude and have no routin or knowledge about service made or visit to New Orleans less enjoyable,

They are some really nice hotel around this area and I really recomend to chose another one, Ritz or Hilton have the same price range but play in another divison about taking care of their hotel guests

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank MrJoeFe

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize you felt the staff lacked knowledge; I do wish you would have brought this situation to our attention during your stay. We would have loved to discuss these details with you to make sure you enjoyed the remainder of your stay. Thank you for your comment about our lobby. We hope you come back and visit New Orleans again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Though not in the main area of the French Quarter, I love the location of this hotel. Just close enough to fun and also just removed enough to be quiet. The rooms were very stylish and modern, though I found the hallways to be a little dark (it was part of the vibe). The staff were super friendly and helpful. My wife and I visited during a babymoon and really enjoyed the attention we got. The restaurant was outstanding for breakfast (my favorite being the shrimp and grits) and the bar had great martinis.

Room Tip: Have breakfast at the hotel restaurant and have a drink at the bar. We chose to park at lot about a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jose O
Kate A, Director of Sales at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are delighted you had such a nice stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our location, breakfast, stylish décor and great bar! Congratulations on the baby moon and we hope you come back and visit us again soon!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel has the feel of a sexy high end boutique hotel. The staff was great, especially CC at the Burgundy Bar. She was fun, informative and served up so great drinks. Daryl Hall the General Manager was great, and nice enough to give us a tour of the hotels high end Lucifer and David suites. These are beautiful rooms and the attention to detail is amazing. The regular king rooms are very nice and have a cool vibe with the brick wall. The only complaint I have at all is the food at the Burgundy bar. For a place that nice, the appetizers and small plate food need to be upgraded as it does the rest of the hotel a disservice. Overall loved the hotel, and will definitely going back and looking forward to the Saint hotel that is going to open in key west this fall.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank OOC008
Kate A, Director of Sales at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us at The Saint Hotel during your recent visit to New Orleans! Thank you for your comments about our beautiful rooms, attention to details, sexy vibe and of course great staff! CeCe is such an asset to our Hotel, I will pass along your kind words! Darryl said it was such a pleasure meeting you! I am so glad you were able to see our brand new Suites, they really are amazing! We look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My first time in New Orleans and I was absolutely happy to stay in this hotel.
The lobby and entrance is just beautiful that before check in I had to take pictures.
Rooms are small but very modern.
The hotel is located right around the corner of French Quarter.
So very convenient if you wanna go out and party and have a couple of drinks.

Staff is very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We appreciate you telling us about your great stay at The Saint Hotel!! Thank you for your comments about our beautiful décor, modern rooms, location and attentive staff! Come back again soon!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a concert to attend at Mahalia Jackson Performing Arts Center so my partner and I turned it into a two-day French Quarter getaway. The Saint proved to be a fantastic choice, great style, comfortable rooms, attentive staff, and right on the edge of the quarter. The lobby and Burgundy bar are very cool and its within walking distance of anything in the quarter. It gets bonus points for being conveniently located right across the street from Domenica restaurant and the Sazerac bar in the Roosevelt Hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware, the HVAC units in these rooms can make it feel like refrigerator in your room (even set at...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are delighted you and your partner had such a lovely stay with us at The Saint Hotel!! Thank you for your comments about our location, great style and attentive staff! We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and on check in they authorised a total of $835 despite the total accommodation only amounted to $485 and the reception staff stating clearly that nothing would be charged to my card. Then once we checked out I noticed an amount of $634 taken from my account again. We are now $984 out of pocket while we wait for the next 5 - 10 days (according to the reception staff) for it to fall back through.

Staff need to be more clear with customers about their booking fees and like most hotels should allow customers to pay with cash prior to arrival as their current payment methods are most inconvenient for overseas travellers

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily C
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. As a hotel policy we do place an incidental fee per night on your card upon check-in. This is explained upon booking and again upon arrival. I do apologize that this hindered your honeymoon but I do hope that you enjoyed your stay. Congratulations on your marriage!